• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FaceApp apparently now has race filters. I never got the humor in these.

aBarreras

I wanna see what the limits of this tech are.
vEQl3up.jpg

holy shit that black lightning is gorgeus,

asian one too

PBY

Banned
Poor OP wanted that outcryTM but instead got people using it. If it was only white to black sure racist but everyone can do anything even make people who don't smile smile would you like one of those for you ?!

What the hell is this lol

An alternate reality with different races of Obamas that would have pissed off Republicans less than a black man.
vQMUVP8.jpg

edit: well except for that dirty mooslim

Alienous

I wonder if this could be any good for video game character design.

Just take generic looking characters and run them through the "what if?" process.

It'd probably have to work on concept art, though.

I don't think the app is inherently racist. It could be used to nefarious purposes like all things. But the results vary and most are pretty convincing without relying on caricatured stereotypical facial features aside from the off mustache for brown skin.

When I think of racist face app shit, I think k of snapchats fucking Asian filter where they give em a rice hat and slant lines for eyes.

Cable is channelling a little Denzel Washington.

0FmeMNf.jpg

Asian Cable looks like Tzi Ma bulked he fuck up for the role. And now I'm sad we don't have an Asian Cable.

I wanna see what the limits of this tech are.
vEQl3up.jpg

Woah, black Lightning is pretty cool.

Afrocious

I wonder if this could be any good for video game character design.

Just take generic looking characters and run them through the "what if?" process.

It'd probably have to work on concept art, though.

It could be good as a way to get examples to reinforce diversity in drawn or animated media. Like with the Lightning pic or the Nathan Drake one, I think something good could come out of it.

However some white person posting on their facebook their black picture and is like "Hey look at me I'm black," then I think there's cause for hesitation.

I did it to a picture of Obama and he kinda looks like a mix of Bush and Obama.

I turned myself white and it just made me look like a White Walker.

So when people were doing it for female/male, old or young, it was because they thought those also looked funny?
If anyone said they thought it was funny I'd assume that would be the reason why.

Izuna

Banned
abGnDLq.jpg

One more of me.

White me is always so damn ugly

Edit: wait a second, why does black me need to show his tooth

Top Bottom