• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook Acquires Ready At Dawn

ManaByte

Gold Member

There are few higher compliments a developer can receive besides, “I dreamed about your game.” Many of us experienced that very phenomenon with Lone Echo—our adventures with the main character Liv were so vivid and the shared empathy so strong, the connection felt real. Ready At Dawn Studios’ storytelling and innovation DNA were on full display in Lone Echo and set the standard for VR narrative adventure, showcasing how virtual reality offers players more immersive, memorable, and emotionally charged experiences. Today, I’m excited to share that Ready At Dawn is joining Facebook—and the future of groundbreaking content in VR has never looked brighter.

So much for them becoming part of Sony.

splattered

Whoa crazy...

Hey if my theory about Microsoft selling Mixer to Facebook theory pans out and Microsoft uses Oculus for their next gen console VR then i guess they in a round about way they just gained access to Ready at Dawn huh

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
xsg39.jpg

cormack12

Gold Member
Facebook are paired with Oculus for VR right?

RAD are decent and Lone Echo got great reviews. That's gotta hurt with PSVR shifting a lot of units and supporting PSVR2. Seems to be held in at least the same regard as Astrobot from metacritic so yeah decent VR studio gone

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Facebook was paying the bills while Sony wasn’t. Not sure why anyone would be surprised. They’ve been making VR games for Oculus for over three years now.

nowhat

Sony better acquire the devs they want and quick. This industry is going to flooded with companies like Amazon, Google, Facebook and hell even Apple needing MOAAAARRR SUBS.
I know you mean "subscribers", but I just had an epiphany...

The customers are "subs". And companies like you listed are "doms". And yet the customers are lining up for the punishment, as a matter of fact they quite enjoy it. Now it suddenly makes so much sense.

Bryank75

Banned
Sony are terrible when it comes to acquisitions, they missed the boat on Marvel, Star Wars, Fitbit and loads of other stuff....

Now they have only bought Insomniac, after they were under threat from a Facebook buyout.
They better start being more pro-active in this area or the world will just pass them by...

I know you mean "subscribers", but I just had an epiphany...

The customers are "subs". And companies like you listed are "doms". And yet the customers are lining up for the punishment, as a matter of fact they quite enjoy it. Now it suddenly makes so much sense.

RECURRING TRANSACTIONS

Is what they want, games are no longer about escapism, entertainment and art. But subscribers, how many subs can you push through on a platform.

Just list the services available on your console. Every billion dollar company is looking at ways to squeeze more, and they do that through these new “games”.

Some one should look up all these external contractor’s the gaming industry is hiring and expose their prior works. If there is one thing that can stop all of this, it’s pressure from parents and guardians.

nowhat

RECURRING TRANSACTIONS

Is what they want, games are no longer about escapism, entertainment and art. But subscribers, how many subs can you push through on a platform.

Just list the services available on your console. Every billion dollar company is looking at ways to squeeze more, and they do that through these new “games”.

Some one should look up all these external contractor’s the gaming industry is hiring and expose their prior works. If there is one thing that can stop all of this, it’s pressure from parents and guardians.
Oh I'm aware, and it's not something I like. But my analogue was about BDSM - you know, there are the sub(missive)s and the the dominatrices... The basic idea is the same though. Except when it comes to BDSM, the subs are really in control.

Top Bottom