• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook censoring and demonetizing Babylon Bee

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Time to take away their exempt status and treat them as a publisher. The only explanation I can see for how brazen they're being is that they believe Biden is going to get in. But... don't Dems want these fuckers changed to publishers too, only for different reasons?

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Looks like they're going for any entity that threatens the narrative.

Ministry of Truth in full effect.
That seems to be going on internationally, too. Facebook (and Youtube) took down Radio Quebec this week. I thought it might be because they were pushing against the pandemic narrative, but they've also been dismantling fake stories against Trump and those protecting Biden.

draw4wild

Sep 23, 2011
Time to take away their exempt status and treat them as a publisher. The only explanation I can see for how brazen they're being is that they believe Biden is going to get in. But... don't Dems want these fuckers changed to publishers too, only for different reasons?
I think Dems wanted it change because they weren't censoring all the Russia "disinformation" Now that they are censoring I'm sure Dems don't mind.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
They're pulling out all the stops to make reality whatever they say it is. They fear Trump being reelected because they know the reckoning they're going to face if he is. That's why they waited a month before the election to take the mask off. They're all in on Democrats win,lose or draw.
TBH I dont think they fear Trump. Dems have infiltrated these companies and they have insane levels of TDS that they are just doing what the Dems are telling them. legacy and social media is just the propaganda arm of the democrat party.

I also think they are woke and hate America that they want the reckoning. They want to be destroyed because that will make America weak. Imagine google,FB,Twitter stock drops to near nothing how that will ruin America. Imagine than CCP can come in and buy them or push their spyware versions. They hate Trump and racist America so much they would tank their companies and the stock market.

Compsiox

Jul 6, 2014
This is why people say leftism is a mind virus.
Yeah. It's pretty worrying that it has become perfectly fine to openly suppress anything or anyone that goes against that way of thought.

Freedom of speech seems to be coming to a close.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
May 9, 2016
h*ck
This is why people say leftism is a mind virus.
Here are some random thoughts about that I had:

I wonder if it's a machine that's been put into place, nurtured and cared for by many individuals over the decades, most of them not fully aware of the machine's goals. Once the machine is running, the machine only does what it was designed to do.

To put it a different way, I wonder if people infected with leftism consciously know what they're doing, or is it that they're running a program that was designed by a creator long ago and kept running just by the mechanics of the program itself?

Last edited:

joe_zazen

May 2, 2017
Here are some random thoughts about that I had:

I wonder if it's a machine that's been put into place, nurtured and cared for by many individuals over the decades, most of them not fully aware of the machine's goals. Once the machine is running, the machine only does what it was designed to do.

To put it a different way, I wonder if people infected with leftism consciously know what they're doing, or is it that they're running a program that was designed by a creator long ago and kept running just by the mechanics of the program itself?
Susan Blackmore has written about memeplexes, which use the human mind as their host. They compete and evolve in the darwinian way. And sometimes they help the host, sometimes they destroy the host. Not really a program, but a collection of self reinforcing and replicating concepts and ideas.

Personally, I think it is satan.

Thicc Team Six

Gold Member
May 18, 2020
Shame. Babylon Bee has some pretty funny content. They definitely captured that conservative Christian niche but they expanded their reach beyond that.

They are very self aware making fun of the commoditization and general "keeping up with the Joneses" nature of the modern concert churches in the US and the propensity of naive conservatives to fall into a almost cult-like trance when discussing political matters.

The only satire site that really captures the essence of absurdity we see so often.

Reactions: EviLore

Texas Pride

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
TBH I dont think they fear Trump. Dems have infiltrated these companies and they have insane levels of TDS that they are just doing what the Dems are telling them. legacy and social media is just the propaganda arm of the democrat party.

I also think they are woke and hate America that they want the reckoning. They want to be destroyed because that will make America weak. Imagine google,FB,Twitter stock drops to near nothing how that will ruin America. Imagine than CCP can come in and buy them or push their spyware versions. They hate Trump and racist America so much they would tank their companies and the stock market.

Yeah I disagree there. The Democrats have infiltrated social media but they don't want to be destroyed. They fear Trump and Republicans which is why they suppress information the way they do. They want the truth to be whatever they say it is rather than what it is. And right now they're dictating what the truth is to millions who only get their news through social media.

Last edited: