Facebook is cleaning house

dragonfart28

Gab Ambassador
Jun 12, 2009
Clean up your room, folks..

Facebook has banned Louis Farrakhan, Alex Jones and others from its main service and from Instagram, saying they violated the company’s ban against hate and violence.

..but wait, there's more..

The company said Thursday that it has also banned right-wing extremists Paul Nehlen, Milo Yiannopoulos, Paul Joseph Watson and Laura Loomer, along with Jones’ site, Infowars.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
With Twitter banning political parties now, I think we may have just entered a new stage where the corporate global elite are establishing their dominance over the traditional nation state and redrawing lines. It's a subject long been discussed and debated about multinationals, but I think we're seeing it in real time now.

MrRogers

Feb 25, 2018
Neoliberal Technocorps that have a public square monopoly, killing free speech, not surprising, its baked in. Their dickless bootlicking pawns rejoice like thier forebearers did in every generation. Wont change where the winds blowing and it wont change those who believe in alternative voices.

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
10 years ago when they were just telling people about the frightening surviellance state, the NSA, Patriot Act, all that stuff, jailing Manning, etc. i thought, maybe we have a chance, maybe people will fight back against this Orwellian nightmare of a dystopia. maybe Obama will actually change things. i had hope. that's why i voted for him. lol. what a waste.

here we are a decade later and "the left" is cheering on the silencing of people more than ever. wholeheartedly. they love the Ministry of Information and are fucking full time employees for Big Brother. they are cutting each other's (and our) throats in order to get seen by Big Brother and maybe get a promotion out of it.

it's baffling. well it would be baffling if people hadn't big upped Obama for putting out dope playlists while he droned US citizens and locked away record whistleblowers. let's be real. political parties do not really stand for anything other than power.

the only real explanation is that the left never really stood for anything, that freedom of speech and upholding the constitution and all that crap they pretend to complain about has nothing to do with it. freedom of speech. the right to privacy. the right to life. none of it matters. they just crave power. they will do anything to get it.

the right does this as well. they just don't constantly boast about how morally better they are while doing so.

"This is how democracy dies, with thunderous appluase" damn GL was too trenchant.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Jun 19, 2007
Is Milo even a thing anymore?

Facebook should cite specific instances that broke their terms of service. It really does make the whole thing very vague.

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
10 years ago when they were just telling people about the frightening surviellance state, the NSA, Patriot Act, all that stuff, jailing Manning, etc. i thought, maybe we have a chance, maybe people will fight back against this Orwellian nightmare of a dystopia. maybe Obama will actually change things. i had hope. that's why i voted for him. lol. what a waste.

here we are a decade later and "the left" is cheering on the silencing of people more than ever. wholeheartedly. they love the Ministry of Information and are fucking full time employees for Big Brother. they are cutting each other's (and our) throats in order to get seen by Big Brother and maybe get a promotion out of it.

it's baffling. well it would be baffling if people hadn't big upped Obama for putting out dope playlists while he droned US citizens and locked away record whistleblowers. let's be real. political parties do not really stand for anything other than power.

the only real explanation is that the left never really stood for anything, that freedom of speech and upholding the constitution and all that crap they pretend to complain about has nothing to do with it. freedom of speech. the right to privacy. the right to life. none of it matters. they just crave power. they will do anything to get it.

the right does this as well. they just don't constantly boast about how morally better they are while doing so.

"This is how democracy dies, with thunderous appluase" damn GL was too trenchant.
We are living in Brave New World, 1984, Fahrenheit 451 all at the same time.

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
10 years ago when they were just telling people about the NSA and stuff, i thought, maybe we have a chance, maybe people will fight back against this Orwellian nightmare of a dystopia

here we are a decade later and "the left" is cheering on the silencing of people. it's baffling.

the only real explanation was that the left never really stood for anything, that freedom of speech and upholding the constitution and all that crap they pretend to complain about has nothing to do with it. they just crave power. they will do anything to get it.

My read is slightly more forgiving. I think the left was truly anti-war [not the Hilllarys, but the general populace] and pro-free speech. However, they made the same mistake the right did only a few decades ago, allowing a sense of moral superiority to overtake reason and logic. We see that with Hillary's massive campaign to cast any who opposes her as deplorable, racist, sexist [though that wasn't the start, just an important milestone].

So I don't see it as the left not having those views originally, for it was the left that stood up to censorship not long ago. But I think they just got coopted by the ideology of intersectionalism. I've said it before, but I think the Ron Paul movement realigned the right, serving as a course correction and a booster shot against identitarianism. The left, thinking themselves immune to racism and immorality, left themselves wide open.

Unfortunately, that ideology of intersectionalism is in part so strong because it actively encourages people to hold conflicting views [2+2=5]. So you have Twitter saying you need to suppress speech to encourage speech on Joe Rogan. You have activists hating corporations but loving corporate rule/censorship.

A moderate leftist could be for the wall and immigration reform, pro-gun, anti illegal immigration, pro-free speech [ie, laugh at the concept of hate speech] only ten years ago. Imho OWS injected intersectionalism into politics, then spread quickly. And here we are.

Reactions: CatLady
Jan 18, 2019
Is Milo even a thing anymore?

Facebook should cite specific instances that broke their terms of service. It really does make the whole thing very vague.
If they listed specific instances, then people would be fully aware of their double standards. It's like twitter. Milo was banned for 'targeted harassment' regarding Leslie Jones, yet here is a tweet from Leslie Jones in which she calls for targeted harassment (you'll notice the tweet, and her account, are both still up.)

Reactions: CatLady

isual

Jan 5, 2012
ridiculous. i do think its "free speech", but companies like this will always find some way to make the narrative into their own design.

zelo-ca

Jan 26, 2018
is trying hard to not be racist. If I am, I'm on the next boat outta here
Considering that the far left (communism) has murdered 10's of millions of people I would say yes ban them all for being mass murderers

BraveOne

Feb 2, 2017
Pretty sure most right-wingers would say terrorism is bad too.

You’re blaming the entire right wing for the actions of what, 3 people?

Yet mysteriously you want to ignore islamic terrorism.
Who ignored them, did you not read what I wrote.

Add the fuckers to the pile. Right-wing terrorist amount to more than 3 people

Art

Jul 19, 2012
Normally I'd applaud this(these guys are extreme idiots), but Facebook and Twitter have also been banning Islam critics.

I hate this argument, but slippery slope and all that.

nkarafo

Nov 30, 2012
I only use facebook to sell shit nowadays. I guess i need to start using ebay so i don't have to even visit it anymore.

Hope it bombs soon. As any pro-censorship platform should.

Reactions: DocONally

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
I only use facebook to sell shit nowadays. I guess i need to start using ebay so i don't have to even visit it anymore.

Hope it bombs soon. As any pro-censorship platform should.
Oh it won’t be around for long. If you’re not growing, you’re dying.

Last edited:

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
get my good side please
You are the kind of coward that talks shit like you are the king while sitting behind a screen but in real life you are meek little person who does not have a spine to stand up to real injustices in this world so you go and spew your internal bigotry as soon as you walk into your basement lair. As for banning Farrakhan, it is a step in the right direction but conservatives are still being silenced at an alarming rate.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I don’t like these people so I don’t listen to them or read what they write. I don’t think they need to be removed. Instead of complaining people should just tune them out and move on with other more important stuff in their life.

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
@BraveOne instead of spamming the Triggered button how about you try to engage me and prove to me that my assessment of you isn't wrong because if all you keep doing is spamming the Triggered button i will just think rightfully so that i am correct in my assessment, you constantly post passive aggressive replies and you then just stick your fingers in your ears and blind your eyes to criticism of your hatred.

Edited to add that @BraveOne decides to be a coward yet again still spamming the Triggered button on this post as well. @BraveOne is not interested in a conversation, he is interested in only hatred and being passive agressive because he can't handle that his opinion is not what the world thinks.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Oner and BraveOne

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
@BraveOne instead of spamming the Triggered button how about you try to engage me and prove to me that my assessment of you isn't wrong because if all you keep doing is spamming the Triggered button i will just think rightfully so that i am correct in my assessment, you constantly post passive aggressive replies and you then just stick your fingers in your ears and blind your eyes to criticism of your hatred.

Edited to add that @BraveOne decides to be a coward yet again still spamming the Triggered button on this post as well. @BraveOne is not interested in a conversation, he is interested in only hatred and being passive agressive because he can't handle that his opinion is not what the world thinks.
Better watch out he doesn't start using your avatar!

juliotendo

Jan 5, 2019
None of this matters.

Facebook is slowly becoming another Yahoo — the only thing saving it right now is Instagram, WhatsApp, and Messenger. The core Facebook product is essentially a wasteland.

MrTickles

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2018
Awww its cute, they think they can influence the 2020 election by shutting down non-left political voices on social media.

Hope they got their salt wagons prepped and ready and them wagons capable of high capacity storage.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Awww its cute, they think they can influence the 2020 election by shutting down non-left political voices on social media.

Hope they got their salt wagons prepped and ready and them wagons capable of high capacity storage.
Ironic timing, innit.

And the methods / organizations they are using are so corrupt and bias.

Reactions: Lynd7 and MrRogers

Xux

May 10, 2007
Seattle.
Inspiring to see Facebook turn around and take a stand against misinformation. The harm inflicted by InfoWars is hard to understate and eliminating their voice is very helpful of Facebook.

Reactions: BraveOne