Facebook is cleaning house

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011

Avi Yemeni has now been banned from Twitter for 'hateful conduct'.
This is the person that recently exposed Comedy Central's Jim Jeffries, not only for editing an interview with him to alter context and meaning, but also making racists remarks.
The retribution on Avi has been swift and severe:
Comedy Central were known to notify authorities when Avi and another person were travelling to the US to have an interview with Dave Rubin. He was detained and deported.

If you think this is a suitable response to inconvenient truths (or rather, truthful exposure of convenient lies) then I would question if you are a supporter of inconvenient truths or a supporter of convenient lies.

Last edited:

Turnt

Jul 21, 2018
Alex Jones tells people for decades the elites of the world are up to no good.

Just when his message really starts to gain mainstream traction he is banned from more and more platforms.

Hmmmmm, really makes you think.
To be fair him harassing the parents of murdered children might also have something to do with him being banned.

guggnichso

May 16, 2005
germany
Dear US citizens, that’s what giving nearly unlimited power to giant corporations and legally treating that with the same rights as actual people gets you. Want corporations refusing to bake a gay wedding cake? There you are.

No restraints, extemely lax tax laws, no oversight, no REGULATIONS - that, exactly is what this shit leads to.

You want your rights protected and your freedoms prevailing? You need institutions and regulations to provide this. Your guns will not protect you against money.

Brizzady

Jul 28, 2018
Alex Jones tells people for decades the elites of the world are up to no good.

Just when his message really starts to gain mainstream traction he is banned from more and more platforms.

Hmmmmm, really makes you think.
Yeah, I'm really going to listen to a piece of shit who claimed there were no dead kids and all the parents grieving were "crisis actors'. Suuuuuuuuuuure. Fuck him and everyone else who caught a ban for being bags of dicks. And a huge LOL to all of their supporters who are now crying.

bucyou

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
Dear US citizens, that’s what giving nearly unlimited power to giant corporations and legally treating that with the same rights as actual people gets you. Want corporations refusing to bake a gay wedding cake? There you are.

No restraints, extemely lax tax laws, no oversight, no REGULATIONS - that, exactly is what this shit leads to.

You want your rights protected and your freedoms prevailing? You need institutions and regulations to provide this. Your guns will not protect you against money.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2004
We have entered the end game for Facebook in the run up to 2020. Trump seems overwhelmingly likely to be POTUS again, and silencing supportive voices is a last ditch effort.

The most chilling fact is that these bannings relate not even to the content the removed people were peddling themselves, but to their expression of support to a Facebook person non grata:

BBC said:
In an email, Facebook explained its rationale for banning the users:

• It said Alex Jones had hosted on his programme Gavin McInnes, leader of the Proud Boys, whose members are known for racist, anti-Muslim and misogynistic rhetoric. Mr McInnes has been designated a "hate figure" by Facebook
  • Facebook said this year Milo Yiannopoulos had publicly praised both Mr McInnes and English Defence League founder Tommy Robinson, both banned from the network
  • Laura Loomer also appeared with Mr McInnes, and Facebook said she also praised another banned figure, Faith Goldy, a Canadian
  • Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan was banned for making several anti-Semitic remarks earlier this year
So basically, once Facebook labels someone to be “in breach” its TOS it can not only boot them, but anyone showing support to them. In fact, now mere mentions of these characters can cop you a ban on Facebook.

They are truly becoming the most powerful organisation in the world, with absolute discretion on what they deem ‘acceptable”.

I believe deplatforming Trump and the half of the country that support him is the intended end goal of this path.

Reactions: matt404au and Cunth

John Lee Packard

Gold Member
Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
To be fair him harassing the parents of murdered children might also have something to do with him being banned.
Yeah, I'm really going to listen to a piece of shit who claimed there were no dead kids and all the parents grieving were "crisis actors'. Suuuuuuuuuuure. Fuck him and everyone else who caught a ban for being bags of dicks. And a huge LOL to all of their supporters who are now crying.
Jones did fuck up with the Sandy Hook business, but can you not see the irony of a conspiracy theorist being conspired against to shut him up?

finowns

May 10, 2009

Bit of a difference between a massive corporation and a bakery. And free speech is a constitutional protection.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
We have entered the end game for Facebook in the run up to 2020. Trump seems overwhelmingly likely to be POTUS again, and silencing supportive voices is a last ditch effort.

The most chilling fact is that these bannings relate not even to the content the removed people were peddling themselves, but to their expression of support to a Facebook person non grata:

So basically, once Facebook labels someone to be “in breach” its TOS it can not only boot them, but anyone showing support to them. In fact, now mere mentions of these characters can cop you a ban on Facebook.

They are truly becoming the most powerful organisation in the world, with absolute discretion on what they deem ‘acceptable”.

I believe deplatforming Trump and the half of the country that support him is the intended end goal of this path.
Have you seen the alt right adjacent conspiracy web the SPLC published and media outlets like VICE wrote articles about to legitimise it in the public discourse? This is how leftist academic ideologues are laundering their bad ideas and assassinating the characters of their political opponents. They’re connecting guys like Joe Rogan, Dave Rubin and Jordan Peterson to actual white supremacists like Richard Spencer. Then you have an entire generation of so-called atheists like NI and Nigerian Prince who view academia and the media as unquestionable authorities, so for them to question such an article would be like a Christian questioning the Bible. It’s the word of God in their minds so we are dealing with a new religion and its zealous adherents. I myself am an atheist but my views are shifting towards being pro-religion as a means of preventing the proles from drifting to even more insidious ideologies.

Reactions: Ryujin and EviLore

CurryPanda

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2019
Have you seen the alt right adjacent conspiracy web the SPLC published and media outlets like VICE wrote articles about to legitimise it in the public discourse? This is how leftist academic ideologues are laundering their bad ideas and assassinating the characters of their political opponents. They’re connecting guys like Joe Rogan, Dave Rubin and Jordan Peterson to actual white supremacists like Richard Spencer. Then you have an entire generation of so-called atheists like NI and Nigerian Prince who view academia and the media as unquestionable authorities, so for them to question such an article would be like a Christian questioning the Bible. It’s the word of God in their minds so we are dealing with a new religion and its zealous adherents. I myself am an atheist but my views are shifting towards being pro-religion as a means of preventing the proles from drifting to even more insidious ideologies.

Jesus Christ. That’s like spider mans web splatter.

• LOL
Reactions: DeepEnigma

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Last year they took out actual alt-right and others they considered adjacent.

Now they are eroding to actual conservative voices that are not extremists at all (yet violent extremist far left groups like Antifa, etc., remain unscathed).

They will start eroding more and more until they reach the moderates and moderate liberal, etc..

There is no coincidence this is coming at the times a new Presidential election is coming.

Only partisan shills and total clowns will try and deny it.

🤡🌎

Last edited:

CurryPanda

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2019
Last year they took out actual alt-right and others they considered adjacent.

Now they are eroding to actual conservative voices that are not extremists at all (yet violent extremist far left groups like Antifa, etc., remain unscathed).

They will start eroding more and more until they reach the moderates and moderate liberal, etc..

There is no coincidence this is coming at the times a new Presidential election is coming.

Only partisan shills and total clowns will try and deny it.

🤡🌎
SPLC itself is a hate group lol.

Damage Inc

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2013
Its not hidden. The Terms of Service is something literally anyone can read at anytime.

https://twitter.com/en/tos

https://www.facebook.com/terms.php

And once again nobody is being "silenced". They are not being "censored". They broke the rules of their chosen platform and were banned. Thats not the same thing. They are free to go literally anywhere else and spread their message and post their content. Getting banned from Twitter for breaking their rules is not being censored.
Until those sites are also attacked and shut down by hosting sites, payment processors, advertisements companies. I’m sure it all points back to the TOS!

Solomeena

Jan 8, 2018
Of course. But there is not many ways that you can reinterpret the first amendment. And you sure as hell can't imagine it to mean "you can break the rules of social media platforms without consequences" no matter how hard you try.
You are the cancer that is eating away at society, you are a disgusting individual who wants to see our rights burn in hell just because you are hell bent on making this world some sanitized orwellian nightmare. I hope to God that you never have your Amirox moment because usually people like you end up getting your comeuppance 10 fold over the shit you fling at others. You need to do some serious growing up because people like you are ruining peoples lives all for the thrill of your hate mongering, you sjw's are what you accuse others of being, nazi's.

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
Next is Youtube , they need to clear out the Far right scum
What an imbecilic remark.
Glad to know you and the folks who liked your post are the resident authoritarians who can't be bothered to argue your position.

Maybe it's because you suepect you have none?

Last edited:

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
Of course. But there is not many ways that you can reinterpret the first amendment. And you sure as hell can't imagine it to mean "you can break the rules of social media platforms without consequences" no matter how hard you try.
Your overt disdain for freedom of speech - except, of course, when once in a long while it's denied to your camp - is well-documented here on GAF. It's just a convenience to you, to be refused when it suits you, in other words, refused to your opponents, or to shrill about when the time comes, in other words, when it's one of your allies at the receiving end of that stick.

So do notice the disparity between us: I have principles that do not bend and so I am up for everyone to be able to express themselves freely, including people whose ideas I despise.

The very broad and loose interpretation of vague terms such as hate speech, never defined, and their highly selective application, overwhelmingly to the libertarian and conservative side of the spectrum doesn't bother you because it serves your needs perfectly. You and your side can't win the argument, due not just to your monumental incompetence as rational debaters but to the inherent weakness of your position.

Hey, no sweat!
Just silence your opponents and declare you won the debate by default.

BraveOne

Feb 2, 2017
What an imbecilic remark.
Glad to know you and the folks who liked your post are the resident authoritarians who can't be bothered to argue your position.

Maybe it's because you suepect you have none?
Forcing private companies to host whomever seems more authoritarian than letting them decide for them selfs.

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
Forcing private companies to host whomever seems more authoritarian than letting them decide for them selfs.
Oh, I'm all for letting them decide for themselves.
It's their company, they alone get to decide.
But they are not to get a penny from the state, though.
Not a penny and certainly not a blind eye from the ani-trust bodies.

I am also to call out their blatantly biased and highly selective use of terms they can't bring themselves to define, such as hate speech.

Capitalism is the solution. Don't go on Twitter. Don't check twitter. Don't buy products advertised there.

strange headache

Fluctuat nec mergitur
Jan 14, 2018
Facebook isn't "cleaning house", they are creating a political echo chamber.

I'm sorry, but if you truly think that the civil fabric of society and social solidarity is threatened by intellectual lightweights such as Milo, PJW and Alex Jones, you're severely misjudging the people's ability too think for themselves. Why is it that it's always the ideological zealots that are most obsessively preoccupied with my intellectual hygiene and integrity?

If PJW and Alex Jones appeal to others, then it is only because they express opinions that are already held by their audience in the first place. Instead of "cleaning house" one should ask oneself as to why these people have such a widespread appeal. Refusing to do so, will not address the root cause but merely patch up the symptoms of a deeper underlying problem. You cannot simply silence these concerns away, but must confront them directly.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
Have they not banned terrorist yet? If not add em to the pile too
problem is if leftist goverments in europe are going to censor murders, rapes, grooming gangs of extremists, they are basically the same thing on the same side.
Facebook actually said that you can talk about them. You just can't share their content or impersonate them.

I'm really not surprised that Watson is lying.
Share content, notice that little exception, you say Jones said X, suddenly speaking about Jones is sharing Jones' content.
Its not censorship. Milo is still allowed to spread his garbage wherever he wants. Nobody is stopping him. He just can't do it on Twitter. Twitter and other social media platforms are not obligated to provide a platform to people who break their terms of service.

Getting banned from Twitter or Facebook is not censorship.
Yet it is not only twitter facebook et al. But the saying goes so too is patreon, paypal and mastercard. Rumors are even banks like chase are joining in on blocking basic services to conservatives.
He didn't personally. That was his followers, he only implied it was a false flag. He just shows some of the parents calm and smiling even almost right after the event, and some people just don't see how they can be so at ease so near a tragedy.

Last edited:

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Share content, notice that little exception, you say Jones said X, suddenly speaking about Jones is sharing Jones' content.
No, there's a pretty explicit line drawn here. Sharing means literally sharing web links and media. You can talk about Jones all you want (so long as you're not violating other policies in the process), you just can't directly use things produced by him or Infowars.

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
Its not censorship. Milo is still allowed to spread his garbage wherever he wants.
I wish you would quote him, but then you would have to defend your position, which you never seem to be able to do.

I can play that game and call your ideology putrid garbage.

Nobody is stopping him. He just can't do it on Twitter. Twitter and other social media platforms are not obligated to provide a platform to people who break their terms of service.
True.
Not a public penny shoud go to them then.
And people can call out their double, triple? standards.

Getting banned from Twitter or Facebook is not censorship.
Agreed.

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
I posted it a long time ago.... With Kate Morgan.
And The ISIS example is even in this thread

How is this not hate speech? You want more.? I can show you sons of these kind of examples for Facebook and Twitter.

By the way you should know by now that I do not make stuff up^^
That's revolting.

Let's see how @Nobody_Important handles this.

dragonfart28

Gab Ambassador
Jun 12, 2009
There's shit on all sides if you look hard enough.

But there's no question that the largest, steaming pile lies with the trumpkins.

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
He didn't personally. That was his followers, he only implied it was a false flag. He just shows some of the parents calm and smiling even almost right after the event, and some people just don't see how they can be so at ease so near a tragedy.
He didn't imply it at all. He's said it explicitly, many times, and has maintained that stance with zero evidence, which has resulted in grieving families being harassed with death threats by Jones' followers. The harassment compelled the victims family to file a defamation suit against him, whereupon he had this to say in his defense at the deposition:

Jones said he “almost had like a form of psychosis back in the past where I basically thought everything was staged, even though I’m now learning a lot of times things aren’t staged”.
Jones blamed his mental state on “the trauma of the media and the corporations lying so much, then everything begins – you don’t trust anything anymore, kind of like a child whose parents lie to them over and over again, well, pretty soon they don’t know what reality is”.