Facebook is cleaning house

Zaru

Oct 2, 2012
quickest deflection ive ever seen....still skipping over the fact that racism and antisemitism can come from anyone on the political spectrum :messenger_unamused:
I'm not skipping over anything.
The deflection is on your part by trying to act like the perpetrators of documented cases (anything else is conjecture) in western countries aren't largely white, right-wing voting people. A pointless truism doesn't change that.
You might find some anomalies like parts of France or Sweden for antisemitism, but this "house cleaning" thread is about an US-based company acting mostly in the US.

Reactions: Nobody_Important

jolof96

Aug 3, 2017
I'm not skipping over anything.
The deflection is on your part by trying to act like the perpetrators of documented cases (anything else is conjecture) in western countries aren't largely white, right-wing voting people. A pointless truism doesn't change that.
You might find some anomalies like parts of France or Sweden for antisemitism, but this "house cleaning" thread is about an US-based company acting mostly in the US.
haha where to start with this post.
a) well first of all lets blame whitey....should have seen that coming.
b) Ive just gave you a major example that shows there is antisemitism and racism on both sides. but you ignored that.
c) The anomalies you mention in France and Sweden, theyre not really anomalies are they... theres one major contributing factor to that but youve skirted around that one pretty quickly
and last but not least
d) its about a company founded in the US, who operate on global basis, censoring anything they dont like, again on a global basis. Considering FB moaned about so called "election interference", theyre quick enough at deplatforming and influencing ongoing elections to vote for members of European Parliament....or did you forget that theres a whole world out there outside of the United States?

Reactions: ilfait and OSC

Zaru

Oct 2, 2012
haha where to start with this post.
a) well first of all lets blame whitey....should have seen that coming.
b) Ive just gave you a major example that shows there is antisemitism and racism on both sides. but you ignored that.
c) The anomalies you mention in France and Sweden, theyre not really anomalies are they... theres one major contributing factor to that but youve skirted around that one pretty quickly
and last but not least
d) its about a company founded in the US, who operate on global basis, censoring anything they dont like, again on a global basis. Considering FB moaned about so called "election interference", theyre quick enough at deplatforming and influencing ongoing elections to vote for members of European Parliament....or did you forget that theres a whole world out there outside of the United States?
This is, again, Q.E.D.
You've been successfully conditioned by right wing echo chambers to go "BUT MUSLIMS ARE THE REAL ISSUE", using "BOTH SIDES" as a meaningless truism to deflect, completely ignoring the statistical reality of hate crime perpetrators in the West.
And since you're probably not capable of understanding basic arguments on an internet forum, I did NOT just imply that there are no left wing echo chambers. I also did not imply that there are no left wing, muslim, whatever perpetrators of hate crimes. There are, and they're a problem like any perpetrator of such crimes. But that's not the point.

I replied to the utterly false statement of another member that hateful right wing crazies are lone wolve outliers rather than the statistical majority that they actually are. Do I need to make this simpler to understand or something?

Reactions: Nobody_Important

jolof96

Aug 3, 2017
This is, again, Q.E.D.
You've been successfully conditioned by right wing echo chambers to go "BUT MUSLIMS ARE THE REAL ISSUE", using "BOTH SIDES" as a meaningless truism to deflect, completely ignoring the statistical reality of hate crime perpetrators in the West.
And since you're probably not capable of understanding basic arguments on an internet forum, I did NOT just imply that there are no left wing echo chambers. I also did not imply that there are no left wing, muslim, whatever perpetrators of hate crimes. There are, and they're a problem like any perpetrator of such crimes. But that's not the point.

I replied to the utterly false statement of another member that hateful right wing crazies are lone wolve outliers rather than the statistical majority that they actually are. Do I need to make this simpler to understand or something?
Im quite clearly capable of understanding without you needing to attempt to talk down to me using latin terms thinking that your hot shit.

If its the case that you did not imply that there are no left wing muslim perpetrators of hate crime or that both sides are capable of racism, antisemitism etc then a simple "yes, that is correct" would have sufficed instead of completely ignoring the points that I made twice, only to then take a defensive stance that you never said that in the first place.

and how dare somebody who considers themselves fair centrist comment on both sides. Youre quick enough at sniping that im conditioned by right wing echo chambers but youre doing the exact same thing, cant have anyone point out any sort of similarities that occur on the left. but feel free to keep quoting "QED and echo chamber" at me all you want because Im done talking to you.
I can stomach people talking down to me, I cant stomach hypocritical cunts.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
This only makes sense in your partisan mind because you ignore the thousands of racist hate crimes against blacks, jews etc. every year.
But I'm sure you've conveniently justified that by bombarding yourself with non-stop right wing coverage of hoaxes and hate crimes committed by minorities and thinking that's the REAL problem.
A few ... Rare... Ok.

A crime should not be a hate crime merely because it is individuals of two different races involved. It should be motivated by hate. And if there were so so many of them not only would they be first page news on MSM, but guys that are near the center like timpool would easily post all the countless hate from the right.

The lie is to make any crime between races into a hate crime, that inflates statistics.

stats

But what you get are hoaxes in first page msm, and for good reason. Like the Jussie Smollett and Covington native american cases. Why is it that the loudest news on the left is fake news? why can't they find something real for first page if there's so many? why must they put fake news in first page if they have ample real news? if you say there are rampant crimes? Not to mention leftists are keeping quiet rapes, murders, and grooming gangs by migrants in europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: ilfait
Jan 18, 2019
In that video, when he starts talking about crime statistics, the sources aren't very reliable.

2012 - https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf
2013 - https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43

Notice a glaring difference in the data? Up until 2013, hispanics were (and still are) all lumped under the 'white' racial category (but now, at least, we have percentages for hispanic and non-hispanic criminals.) We'll use the latest year (2017, yearly data is generally released around September of the following year, so 2018's data is still months away) and murder/non negligent manslaughter (because it's the first crime listed.)

While the hispanic/non-hispanic numbers don't cover all arrests (7,031/9,468,) it's a large enough sample size. So, we take 79.2% (all non-hispanics) and we subtract blacks (53.1%,) indians (1.1%,) asians (1.3%,) and pacific islanders (0.2%.) [We do this because in the 2010 census, the percentage of hispanics who identified as 'black, asian, indian, or pacific islander' combined was around 3%.] We're left with 23.5% for whites (non-hispanic.)

So, 9,468 arrests for murder

.531 black = 5,028
.235 white = 2,225
.208 hispanic = 1,969
.011 indian = 104
.013 asian = 123
.002 pacific islander = 19

The numbers aren't exact (because of rounding,) but they're close enough for this exercise. What we can then do, is compare groups by rate per 100,000 by using census data.

Demographics (327,167,434)

.607 white (198,590,632)
.181 hispanic (59,217,306)
.134 black (43,840,424)
.058 asian (18,975,706)
.013 indian (4,253,177)
.002 pacific islander (654,335)

2,225 / 198,590,632 x 100,000 = 1.12 (white)
1,969 / 59,217,306 x 100,000 = 3.33 (hispanic)
5,028 / 43,840,424 x 100,000 = 11.47 (black)
123 / 18,975,706 x 100,000 = 0.65 (asian)
104 / 4,253,177 x 100,000 = 2.45 (indian)
19 / 654,335 x 100,000 = 2.90 (pacific islander)

If one were so inclined, they could go through and do this for every crime that the FBI tracks. What's that? Somebody already did (for 2016)?

tl;dr - We clearly live an asian supremacist nation. Fucking asian-supremacist cops! GRR! ARGH!

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: CurryPanda

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Folks going right past this ... But no ... Alex Jones has every right to harass people and show their addresses to deranged masses.
Doesn't he? Leftists dox random people on Twitter, claiming they are "alt-right" or a "nazi", often with little to no proof and they are cheered.

What makes one bad and the other a public service?

Is that what you believe.
That's what the left believes

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Doesn't he? Leftists dox random people on Twitter, claiming they are "alt-right" or a "nazi", often with little to no proof and they are cheered.

What makes one bad and the other a public service?

That's what the left believes
Umm... No. Because that's harassment, I believe. Putting out someone's address for his followers to harass (these were the parents of one of the Sandy Hook victims) is vile and disgusting and DANGEROUS! I'm surprised he hasn't been fined or something for harassment.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Umm... No. Because that's harassment, I believe. Putting out someone's address for his followers to harass (these were the parents of one of the Sandy Hook victims) is vile and disgusting and DANGEROUS! I'm surprised he hasn't been fined or something for harassment.
Putting out someone's name and address is literally what leftists do on the platform. It's harassment. So I ask again, what is the difference? What makes one bad and the other good?

Last edited:

DKehoe

Jun 19, 2007
Putting out someone's name and address is literally what leftists do on the platform. It's harassment. So I ask again, what is the difference? What makes one bad and the other good?
They’re both bad. You shouldn’t doxx people. “But the leftists do it too!” Isn’t a reasonable defence of Jones. He has a bigger platform than those random people, but they shouldn’t be allowed on there either if they’re doing that. Endangering other people is overstepping the bounds of free speech.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
They’re both bad. You shouldn’t doxx people. “But the leftists do it too!” Isn’t a reasonable defence of Jones. He has a bigger platform than those random people, but they shouldn’t be allowed on there either if they’re doing that. Endangering other people is overstepping the bounds of free speech.
I don’t think they’re excusing Jones; they’re pointing out a clear double standard. Either you ban all or you ban none.

DKehoe

Jun 19, 2007
I don’t think they’re excusing Jones; they’re pointing out a clear double standard. Either you ban all or you ban none.
I’m not a fan of people being banned (with the exception of people like Alex Jones who do put people in danger) but this is why platforms need to be clear about why they are specifically banning these people. It being explained by some general hand waving. They should be pointing to specific posts so that the standard is clear.

Reactions: matt404au