• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Social News Facebook Just BANNED A Major Trump Campaign Issue, Immigration, This Is MAJOR Election Interference

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

Facebook Just BANNED A Major Trump Campaign Issue, Immigration, This Is MAJOR Election Interference. After pressure from far left groups Facebook announced that they will no longer allow certain ads to run.

This means that a major campaign issue for Americans and Trump's platform, Immigration, will not be able to be run as ads.

While some think mark Zuckerberg won't actually enforce these rules we have already seen Trump ads get removed for having the wrong image on them. Why would Facebook allow Trump's campaign to run ads on Immigration if they changed the rules?

Democrats of course have shifted far left on the issue of immigration and seem to be pulling out all the stops in their effort to defeat Trump. republicans for now seem to be doing absolutely nothing as big tech censorship and social media bias wreaks havoc on political discourse.

Trump however has said he believes Twitter will ban him and has floated the idea of switching to Parler

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Feels like a can of worms. Think it might make more sense in every way except financially---which is why it isn't happening, presumably---to simply not have political ads on Facebook.

That said, it seems strange to me that immigration reform can't be discussed without using hate speech. Is that really the case or is Tim Pool full of shit again?

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
I am telling you the game is to get all of Trump campaign and ads off social media and then legacy media.

This is the DNC dying throes to get rid of Trump.

By end of August i expect Trump to be off twitter and FaceBook

Last edited:

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008

Facebook is placing new restrictions on hateful content in ads, explicitly banning ads that encourage racial divisions. Specifically, the new policy will “prohibit claims that people from a specific race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, caste, sexual orientation, gender identity or immigration status are a threat to the physical safety, health or survival of others.” The policy will also restrict ads that express contempt for immigrants or refugees.

Doesn't sound like they are banning immigration ads.

Reactions: All Hail C-Webb

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

Slings and Arrows

and Ceramide R
Apr 19, 2019
Away with the fairies

Facebook is placing new restrictions on hateful content in ads, explicitly banning ads that encourage racial divisions. Specifically, the new policy will “prohibit claims that people from a specific race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, caste, sexual orientation, gender identity or immigration status are a threat to the physical safety, health or survival of others.” The policy will also restrict ads that express contempt for immigrants or refugees.

So no more hate towards toxic White privileged supremacy?

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018

So BLM getting culled from the platform?

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
I said when Twitter banned political adverts that this was about trying to derail Trump. Biden wants to give 11 million criminals amnesty, and big tech wants to ram H-1Bs down this countries throat. Can't have those pesky voters being informed of that.

I think it is time to strip these people of 230s.

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008
LMAO. Did you just link the few people who aren’t Trump supporters? A bat signal for impartiality, lol.

Facebook banning ads that promote racial and religious division? I mean, good? This is free market capitalism at work. High profile customers walked, their market cap took a hit, they responded to appease their customers.

If you can’t talk about immigration in ads without being racist, sounds like you need a new marketing campaign manager. Just don’t have any quotes Trump has made about immigration in the ads. 🤷‍♂️

Tesseract

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
LMAO. Did you just link the few people who aren’t Trump supporters? A bat signal for impartiality, lol.

Facebook banning ads that promote racial and religious division? I mean, good? This is free market capitalism at work. High profile customers walked, their market cap took a hit, they responded to appease their customers.

If you can’t talk about immigration in ads without being racist, sounds like you need a new marketing campaign manager. Just don’t have any quotes Trump has made about immigration in the ads. 🤷‍♂️
idgaf if you support trump or not, i wanna know what you think about this

you just explained why, albeit inadequately with a heaping of lunacy

Last edited:

Newly Vacant

Jul 30, 2013
Michigan
ehuntington.org
I think conservatives should start getting ready for some kind of dramatic action against them. All of these actions aren't happening in a vacuum. I used to think re-segregation, genocide, or apartheid couldn't happen in America, but all these events are happening in the exact order required to demonize and carve out a part of the population. Large multi-national corporations are now dictating speech in America. Instead of working within the system of liberty and freedom, they're demanding compliance and crackdowns. This cannot lead anywhere good. This is not going to stop at advertisements. These actions are going to continue to erode away at whatever is left of the Constitution. Half of the US government is cheering these corporations on, and the other half is too afraid to do anything to stop them.

Find a like-minded community and buckle up. It's going to be a ride.

• Empathy
Reactions: SinDelta and Sign

Meicyn

Jan 22, 2010
Sounds like folks should use Parler then? I dunno, I don’t see the problem. Facebook is driven by money, and so they’re shifting accordingly. The left screamed at Zuckerberg, now the right is screaming, and all I see is his desire for ad revenue.

Election interference implies that campaigns are entitled to access on a privately owned platform. Smells like a whole lot of whine.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie - 12Deflections
Mar 1, 2017
Just make sure you aren’t a hypocrite when it eventually swings the other way. It always does.

People who deny Russian interference think this is election interference. It hurts.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Jan 22, 2010
Just make sure you aren’t a hypocrite when it eventually swings the other way. It always does.
I won’t though? Prior to this moment Facebook was running Trump ads as the left screamed and I didn’t care. Zuck cares about money and this is pure, perfectly legal business at work. I actually believe in the free market.

If Zuck sees the move affecting his bottom line, he will swing back because it’s all he believes in. It’s his company, he can do whatever he wants with it within the bounds of law.

Musky_Cheese

Banned
Oct 23, 2016
I won’t though? Prior to this moment Facebook was running Trump ads as the left screamed and I didn’t care. Zuck cares about money and this is pure, perfectly legal business at work. I actually believe in the free market.

If Zuck sees the move affecting his bottom line, he will swing back because it’s all he believes in. It’s his company, he can do whatever he wants with it within the bounds of law.
Yes he can. I’m just saying don’t bitch and moan when it happens to your candidate of choice.

Most of these politicians are lying. They are all equally susceptible to this.

MrRogers

Feb 25, 2018
Bust these tech monopolies up and nuke their HQs from orbit, its the only way... you know the rest.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
People who deny Russian interference think this is election interference. It hurts.
this actually exists. it isn't a fever dream of Hillary Clinton voters who can't get over the fact the cunt lost.

And we have the right to criticize Facebook actions.

I don't know why people think this is a strong defense of a corporation doing a shitty thing. Whenever a tech company does something dumb, someone trots this crap out.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepEnigma