• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook reveals Oculus Quest 2

Romulus

Quest 2 is looking like a legit Rift S competitor, maybe I will be putting my Rift S in storage now. I hope these comparisons are as good as they look and the latency is not noticable.

Pretty big difference honestly when looking at distant objects. Timestamped:

Last edited:

Resenge

Good to know. I think most people who owned the original Quest probably knew that it would be needed, that default strap looks terrible. Guess they had to skimp on the quality in some areas for that killer price though.

What I do like a lot is the way the strap is attached, that will make it much easier for third parties to make their own versions.

Last edited:

Romulus

Compares playing PCVR games like Half Life Alyx on Quest 2 wireless vs Rift S

Pretty impressive with the bump in clarity and framerate, and of course wireless. The price advantage too when considering these advantages makes it a great deal.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
From this latest Through the Lenses:

sdHg5QJ.jpg

wjV1Qh0.png

s1Zqnle.jpg

B7cIAn3.jpg

rob305

Fuck it, just preordered it. Ive had a PSVR since it came out and I love it, but I barely use it cause of all the hassle setting it up.

Hopefully I'll use this more since its fully wireless, we'll see

CS Lurker

Pretty impressive with the bump in clarity and framerate, and of course wireless. The price advantage too when considering these advantages makes it a great deal.

It's like Carmack said: there are a lot of players who would like to use a "air-link" even if it is not perfect right now. Sometimes oculus is excessively perfectionist. I hope Carmack can win this "fight" with the Oculus crew, and they release what they already have as a beta.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

How does the wireless work?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

That certainly bodes well for the wired experience once that gets upgraded as well. Can't wait to try it out for myself. Might be time to invest in a router/modem and ditch the cable company one.

CloudNull

Banned

This is amazing. I have been waiting to jump into Alyx until I get the Quest 2. I was going to do wired connection but I think I will be playing through virtual desktop. Future is looking bright especially with sidequest.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I‘d pre order one of these now, were it not for the restriction of having to use a Facebook account. It’s a company famous for data harvesting, and I have no particular desire to let them have an awful lot more of mine. If they drop that requirement I will buy one, but happy to miss out if it stays.

CloudNull

Banned

I cannot Believe a 300 dollar headset looks this good..... yes I know it is connected to a PC. I am not a huge fan of Star Wars but I might pick Squadrons up after watching this.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Can someone recommend an RPG/dungeon crawler for the Quest 2?

rob305

Can someone recommend an RPG/dungeon crawler for the Quest 2?
There arent a lof of RPGs on the quest. There is OrbusVR which is a MMORPG and Journey of the Gods which is more like a puzzle RPG.
Then theres Walking Dead Saints & Sinners...it isnt a but it does have RPG elements and open world quest mission design. Pixel ripped 1995 also has some 90s RPG minigames

Top Bottom