• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Factor 5 Animator Claims Studio is Cutting Projects, Needs Funding

yoopoo

Banned
Hoho look at the neck. What are the two Wii games they're working on...Icarus and...?

Their second PS3 game was canned, no?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
yoopoo said:
Hoho look at the neck. What are the two Wii games they're working on...Icarus and...?

Their second PS3 game was canned, no?

I heard it was a new Turrican game, possibly for WiiWare.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Did we ever have any reason to believe Factor 5 was actually working on a Kid Icarus game, or that they were just trying to get Nintendo to pay them to develop one?

I never believed they were working on one at all.

DavidDayton said:
Did we ever have any reason to believe Factor 5 was actually working on a Kid Icarus game, or that they were just trying to get Nintendo to pay them to develop one?
So i agree with this.

Shiggy

This comes from a former Factor 5 employee and was done in late 2007/early 2008. So it might have been an early pitch only.

3243300265_28a887959d_o.jpg
3244130938_6cb6d6d6ea_o.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If Kid Icarus is still in development I hope the are not using that model, because it really is that bad.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
*phone ring*

'Hello? Mr. Senior Producer at NCL?'

'Mr. Factor 5? Hello.'

'We were just wondering if you got those character designs we sent..'

'Oh..no..let me just check my email..'

'....'

*click*

'Hello? Hello???'

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HORRIBLE

And I wanted to believe so bad.

How bad?

I bought and beat the original Kid Icarus on Virtual Console last February just because of the rumors. BASED ON A RUMOR THAT FACTOR 5 WAS DOING THIS GAME.

GOUGING MY EYES OUT

SEE MY AVATAR?

I WANT THAT TO HAPPEN TO MY EYES

WTF

Squeak

pit.jpg

Just go with this. Is that so hard? It's a perfectly good design. Maybe stylize it a bit, and you are set to go.

Squeak said:
pit.jpg

Just go with this. Is that so hard? It's a perfectly good design. Maybe stylize it a bit, and you are set to go.

Yeah, the Brawl design is just about perfect for a new KI game. Anyone who thinks that the series needs an X-TREME realistic makeover should just shut up and die.

Vinci

Danish
Squeak said:
pit.jpg

Hell no. Don't touch it. It's exactly what it needs to be for a new game. I'd maybe trust an internal team at Nintendo messing with it a bit, but not someone outside. Least of all Factor 5.

MarkusRJR

Father_Brain said:
Yeah, the Brawl design is just about perfect for a new KI game. Anyone who thinks that the series needs an X-TREME realistic makeover should just shut up and die.
Well, that's exactly what happened... they died.
-According to rumors at least-

Eteric Rice

Why do people tend to change things to try to make them more extreme? Goddam it.

Factor 5, you guys need to work on something new if this is what you're going to put out. A new IP or something.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Vinci said:
Hell no. Don't touch it. It's exactly what it needs to be for a new game. I'd maybe trust an internal team at Nintendo messing with it a bit, but not someone outside. Least of all Factor 5.

This. This to high heaven.

When I saw the first Brawl trailer in May 2006, I said, "This is it. This is perfect. They can make an entire game based on this!"

I still think the new Pit design is the absolute best example of updating any video game character's look, ever. Incredible. Incredible F5 could mess this up.

AColdDay

Well, with Kid Icarus going down and Disaster most likely never seeing a US release, US gamers are just getting denied almost every mature Nintendo sponsored game since MP3. Even Metroid Prime 1+2 Wiimakes were confirmed for Japan, but not the US!

Vinci

Danish
jred250 said:
Well, with Kid Icarus going down and Disaster most likely never seeing a US release, US gamers are just getting denied almost every mature Nintendo sponsored game since MP3. Even Metroid Prime 1+2 Wiimakes were confirmed for Japan, but not the US!

Disaster not coming over here is inexcusable, but anyone thinking Kid Icarus should be a 'mature' game is certifiable.

jred250 said:

If KI (in alleged "mature" form) has been sunk, it won't just be American gamers who won't get their hands on it, will it?

Disaster may yet come, and the MP remakes are almost certain given that the originals performed best in the US (omission from the recent earnings report is hardly confirmation that they won't...)

mollipen

This is the only Kid Icarus I will be able to accept at this point (having seen this image and now being ruined on anything else):

kid_icarus_ds.gif

AColdDay

shidoshi said:
This is the only Kid Icarus I will be able to accept at this point (having seen this image and now being ruined on anything else):

kid_icarus_ds.gif

Was that the canned Kid Icarus for SNES? That looks great, and now you've placed a big empty space in my heart by showing me those screenshots.

Akai

jred250 said:
Was that the canned Kid Icarus for SNES? That looks great, and now you've placed a big empty space in my heart by showing me those screenshots.

Aha, nah...It's a mock-up someone did of what Kid Icarus could look like on DS...

Azure J

shidoshi said:

kid_icarus_ds.gif

Hey, I remember this one. Good times were had when the creator sprang it on me. :lol

And yes, the Brawl Pit, Palutena & Kid Icarus world design is everything KI needs to be in modern days. Fuck realism. If anything needs to be changed, then it's only to use the original target render for Pit in Brawl (real-ish wings) as opposed to the final design. Either way though, that is still the correct answer.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
jred250 said:

Fan mockup from Deviantart.

Azure J

jred250 said:

Wait pause for a second, there was a Kid Icarus planned for the SNES or was that just you asking if there was? If it's the former then consider me a sad 90s era Nintendo fan. First StarTropics 3 SNES gets the boot then this as well?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
you know, that model should be some sort of enemy/rival and they should get David Bowie to do the voice work. that would be AWESOME.

AzureJericho said:
Wait pause for a second, there was a Kid Icarus planned for the SNES or was that just you asking if there was? If it's the former then consider me a sad 90s era Nintendo fan. First StarTropics 3 SNES gets the boot then this as well?
There was an effort by a SNES hacker to make one. I think he got as far as a title screen. Was it Pan or Yoshi? I can't remember.

Vinci said:
Personally I think Pit's brawl model is too generic-anime looking myself. I actually would like a non-pissed of mix between Brawl Pit and this concept art.
http://wii.k ombo.com/images/media/1499/kidicarusrumored_050808_12810.jpg

MarkusRJR

AzureJericho said:
Wait, wait, wait... the was a StarTropics 3?! I was a mega-fan of the series, yet I've never even heard of a third one being in the works! Screenshots/Info?

jrricky

Banned
Black-Wind said:
Personally I think Pit's brawl model is too generic-anime looking myself. I actually would like a non-pissed of mix between Brawl Pit and this concept art.
http://wii.k ombo.com/images/media/1499/kidicarusrumored_050808_12810.jpg
This is a great design. The brawl design looks too anime-ish. And that rumored factor 5 one just plain sucks. I wouldnt imagine an angel wearing such clothing (unless they're fallen...???? :O a fallen kid Icarus game)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
jrricky said:
This is a great design. The brawl design looks too anime-ish. And that rumored factor 5 one just plain sucks. I wouldnt imagine an angel wearing such clothing (unless they're fallen...???? :O a fallen kid Icarus game)

That's MAN Icarus to you!

jrricky said:
Wasn't that the first one? He started in Hades, worked his way up to the surface, climbed to heaven, and then battled Medusa in the skies.

Wow. It sounds so much more epic that way.

I'm surprised that rendering has organic wings. I was expecting some sort of alien hybrid jet propelled retractable appendage.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
bmf said:
Wasn't that the first one? He started in Hades, worked his way up to the surface, climbed to heaven, and then battled Medusa in the skies.

Wow. It sounds so much more epic that way.

Nah he was trapped there by Medusa. But yeah it is darker than most think.

Top Bottom