• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered heading to Steam on January 29

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
In what way is it remastered. It looks almost identical to the original unless I'm missing something?

The original had low resolution because it was on older hardware. This is much crisper and the detail is easier to make out. The backgrounds in the diner look better.

Original:
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

dr_rus

Well fuck me sideways. That's a pleasant surprise for sure!

In what way is it remastered. It looks almost identical to the original unless I'm missing something?

It supports widescreen resolutions and some textures are improved.

This is actually enough as the game was quite beautiful even in its PS2 version.

bender

What time is it?
It's a really great half of a game though.

So great that you'll keep playing and experience the second half. :(

I love and hate the game at the same time. The story will leave a very bad taste in your mouth but those first few hours will have you fall in love with concept. I'd probably say the same thing for Heavy Rain though the story is less bat shit insane.

The textures are noticeably improved from the original release, even if this isn't a "true" remaster/remake.

Still awesome, I own the GoG version so I'm gonna hold off on this and hope it comes to PS4 with Beyond/HR

game1.png

game3.png

games2.png

games4.png

Top is original, bot is remake.

Remake looks worse. When original looks like movie, then new version looks too clean, bad lighting and ps2 game.

Your links are broken.

You're also about the only person who thinks the game looks worse now.

Links are not broken.
And im not the only person.

Look yourself:
Its called "cinematography". I guess you don´t know what is this because you never made any movie in your life but i do. I made movies and photos. Remake is cheap and bad looking.
For example image:
rmeka.png

How you can´t see the difference???

To the people who haven't played this but have played Heavy Rain/Beyond, here's how I'd rate the Quantic games;

1: Heavy Rain
2: Fahrenheit
3: Beyond

If you just stop after you do the first half of the game, Fahrenheit wins. It is absolutely amazing up to a point.

Really? I felt Beyond>>HR. The acting was better and the production was more impressive. Options were more restricted however.

NeoFaff

Links are not broken.

Look yourself:
Its called "cinematography". I guess you don´t know what is this because you never made any movie in your life but i do. I made movies and photos. Remake is cheap and bad looking.
For example image:
rmeka.png

Your images really aren't showing :p The host also has a bad rep for nsfw images.

fantomena

Last time I read something about QD they were very happy with their relationship with Sony and as long as they have the creative freedom Sony gives them they won't go multiplatt anytime soon.

Ridley327

Links are not broken.

Look yourself:
For example image:
rmeka.png

Seriously, your links aren't showing up for me. Are you sure you're not using a banned host?

Mengetsu

No console version? I'd love to play this! Heavy Rain and Beyond are some of my favorite games and I've only heard good about this game as well.

Musolf815

Yeah I agree. Amidst all the dumb plot development in the second half, that scene at least gave me a good time.

Totally, I've never played a game that went that hilariously crazy, the first time I played through it was such a fun ride. Incredibly stupid, but really fun.

Of course I'd love to play a game that lived up to the opening scene all the way through though.

Where are you getting the rightmost image? It's definitely not among the ones that Amazon posted, and I doubt it's from the remake, since the overhead menu texture is the same as it was in the original game.

Can you see image?
textures are shaper but lighting and look is a lot worse.

I can see it, which is why I'm questioning where you've gotten it from, since it's not from Amazon's batch and it shows signs of being from the original release of the game.

How? Here is example of Wii Tennis. Remake looked worse.

I compared my game with remake scenes and i saw how much better original looks.
ZnbYaix.jpg

I can see details and look. If you had compared amazon pictures right now ingame your images, then you would see huge difference.

So is this the fan mod that had to be put down because of QD but QD talked with the dev of it? Seems like it. Probably didn't take QD much effort them so they just made a cheap HD version for PC and mobile and it won't be coming to consoles.

Corpekata

Banned
How? Here is example of Wii Tennis. Remake looked worse.

I can see details and look. If you had compared amazon pictures right now ingame your images, then you would see huge difference.

The image you are saying is from the remake does not exist. That's why he's asking where you got the picture from.

Alo0oy

Banned
Really? I felt Beyond>>HR. The acting was better and the production was more impressive. Options were more restricted however.

In Heavy Rain any character can die, which allowed the game to give far more options than any story-based game ever.

Beyond went the Telltale route where your decisions are irrelevant.

You can see that "remake" shot of his in a variety of promotional material for the old version of the game. Such as right here: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/screenshots/12450-331218-0

Not exactly making arguements for your cinematic eye given you're slagging off the version you're attempting to praise.
You can tell the "remake" image looks worse too. That ground texture and aliasing.

I guess he was trying to pull something?

Jackpot

Banned
ooooooooh, textures weren't really Fahrenheit's problem, it was the models and general lack of detail like no liquid in glasses, guns with no barrels, some dodgy sound clips.

Betty

Banned
In Heavy Rain any character can die, which allowed the game to give far more options than any story-based game ever.

Beyond went the Telltale route where your decisions are irrelevant.

If only it went the telltale route of having good characters and a good story.

ref

Cool!

I remember playing this when I was younger when it came out for Xbox, I got about half way through before I had to return it (rental).

I've always wanted to finish this and this seems like the best way to do it.

STZbsP0.jpg

Cool!

I remember playing this when I was younger when it came out for Xbox, I got about half way through before I had to return it (rental).

I've always wanted to finish this and this seems like the best way to do it.

Playing the ending might sour the whole expierience

Forsythia

I really liked the game, up until a certain point where the story went from 'awesome' to 'what the fuck is this shit'. And of course that stealth segment, fuck that. Why did every fucking game back then need a stealth section? I remember the same shit in a Tony Hawk (!) game!

I'm not an PC expert but these requirements are kind of high aren't they?

System Requirements:
Supported OS: [Windows 8, Windows 7]
Processor: Intel Core i3, AMD A10
RAM: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk: 15 GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 4450 / Geforce 8800 / HD 4400

Dez_

It had issues, but I still enjoyed my time with Indigo Prophecy. The last part of the game was undeniably goofy, but it was fun and funny to see how it played out.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm not an PC expert but these requirements are kind of high aren't they?

System Requirements:
Supported OS: [Windows 8, Windows 7]
Processor: Intel Core i3, AMD A10
RAM: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk: 15 GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 4450 / Geforce 8800 / HD 4400

Not really. Radeon 4450 is like a 20 dollar card, if you can find it, so old I doubt anyone even sells it new. CPU is maybe a bit high the bare bones i3s are pretty low end.

Ridley327

You can tell the "remake" image looks worse too. That ground texture and aliasing.

I guess he was trying to pull something?

Yeah, I'm not sure what point was trying to be made here. We only have the Amazon screen shots as our only media for the game right now, so faking something like that stands out as an obvious ploy. The one GavinUK86 posted is a legit comparison.

Alo0oy

Banned
If only it went the telltale route of having good characters and a good story.

Jodie & Nathan were very likable, although that could be attributed to their phenomenal performance more than the writing itself, which was a step down from Heavy Rain.

deeptech

Dude , what... i beat this game for first time like 10 days ago.
Oh well whatever , i'm surely not gonna go back

The Lamp

Don't play this game for more than 2 hours. I'm serious. Never has a game gotten so fucking awful so quickly.

The songs are great thoigh. Sandpaper Kisses and Santa Monica.

Can you see image?
textures are shaper but lighting and look is a lot worse.

Bad comparison.
They're not even from the same end of the hallway!!

wrowa

Fahrenheit had pretty much the best demo ever on PC. That shit was so damn good.

The final game wasn't, but I might buy this again just as a throwback to the fun times I had with the demo.

Top Bottom