• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fake] 500,000 NVIDIA RTX 3080 Cards Found in Lost Shipping Container

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member

GreyHand23

Well, Happy New Year!
Reading the comments this is a Spanish Fool’s day prank.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Fake.

Although funny enough there was a ship a few weeks back that lost a bunch of containers; and they have no way of knowing which ones were lost until they do a full inventory of the ship, and because everything shifted around in a storm it's gonna take weeks.

Major electronics were on that ship and even those that didn't fall into the ocean will get delayed.

dave_d

I'm not even sure if the entire production run of all the 3000 series GPUs is 1/2 a million units up to this point. (I really doubt the total number of 3080s made up until now is that number.)

Elios83

LOL fake, not even the full LTD production is 500k adding the boards from all manufacturers.
High end GPU cards are manufactured in the tens of thousands, they are not mass market products.
Not to mention that if such a huge shipment got lost there would be questions and investigations.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
they shipped only around 2,000 units at launch. 500k is probably not even their full allocation for the year.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Well the lads at techradar seem to have eaten it, as the original news are from a spanish website.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Spanish Drama GIF by MOODMAN

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
OP propagating fake news. This is why Twitter added friction to retweets during the USA elections.

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
Top Bottom