• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[FAKE] PS5 Dualshock 5 full controller leak

Banned
so I stopped the video after this absolutely gaming illiterate idiot said that the DualShock 1 was the first PlayStation controller, and that the DualShock 2 was "slimmer" than the DualShock 1... like wtf?

I'm not giving this guy any more of my time.
how can you make a 13min video about a supposed leaked PS5 controller and not even take a few minutes to research stuff if you're too ignorant to gaming history to make a good video?

and that's not even mentioning the mobile game ad and giveaway stuff at the beginning

this guy earned a place on my YT channel to ignore list

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Not trying to be a dick, but man that video took a LONG FUCKING TIME to get to the point. Giveaways, ads, a history lesson. Yeah, we get it man. Can you show us the new controller please? I honestly stopped watching 5 minutes in.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Varying resistance in the shoulder buttons and joysticks sounds like expensive garbage that isn't going to make playing games any better.

I'm not paying $80 for a controller, it isn't fucking happening. There'd better be a cheap option for people who don't want the bells and whistles and just want to play.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
So he is going off the leaked pictures from like March that were proven fakes?

I couldnt watch the whole video so may have missed his main points will watch later.

Yeah. This looks extremely fake. Especially the screen on the controller looks not only useless, but also abysmal in terms of readability. I highly doubt this is a design Sony would do.

Previous prototype pictures:

That's not a prototype.

Last edited:

Keihart

As a fan of the dualshock that ds5 looks shit. That dpad looks crazy bootleg. Not sold, but its not like it matters what i prefer sigh...ALSO that screen looks super useless and expensive.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
There is NO WAY the dualshock 5 will have a screen on it.

Imagine the costs. Each controller would be about £80. No way.

bitbydeath

Poor effort. Didn’t even try put a hole in the controller to match what was recently said about the real PS5 controller.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
$150 for a replacement controller.

Exactly. A stupidly high price tag for a screen that you won’t look at because it’s in your hands...? No.

Plus, let’s just be honest here... Sony are horse wank at hardware. Look at the PS4 controller. It doesn’t matter if you prefer the Xbox or the playstation controller, you have to understand how appallingly bad the battery life was in the ps4 controller. Adding a screen would mean just a couple of hours battery life...

So...

No chance, just none.

But the resistance triggers? That’s possible and a damn good idea I’m behind 100%. Hopefully it doesn’t go the way of the impulse triggers from Xbox (as in never used again and forgotten).

Last edited:

bitbydeath

But the resistance triggers? That’s possible and a damn good idea I’m behind 100%. Hopefully it doesn’t go the way of the impulse triggers from Xbox (as in never used again and forgotten).

Already officially confirmed.

One is "adaptive triggers" that can offer varying levels of resistance to make shooting a bow and arrow feel like the real thing—the tension increasing as you pull the arrow back—or make a machine gun feel far different from a shotgun.

CJY

Banned
No, I don't want to get those fucking snacks ready, those popcorn and those drinks. How about fuck off instead?

Fake. No way the Dualshock 5 will have a touchscreen. It's going to be an improved Dualshock 4 with stuff like better battery life, newer Bluetooth tech, and hopefully better materials & concavity for the analog sticks.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Incidentally, these crap YouTubers trying to push crap mobile games like they had "basically console-quality graphics" are hilariously ridiculous.

Over 1 minute ad full of false praise for shovelware he likely didn't touch for a single minute.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
A display on the next DualShock?

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

jts

...hate me...
Yeah. Not a great video. Display is a sketchy possibility at best, the guy says it could be great to type messages on. Like seriously let's type on a 1inch display. He got his history facts wrong. Sixaxis was the first official wireless PlayStation controller, not the DualShock 3. In fact that whole bit is one of the most interesting developments of the PS controller. Has ads.

As if all this wasn't enough, his render fucking sucks donkey balls.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
To show how much of a fucking tool that youtuber is.

Here is another youtuber explaining how to run diablo 2 on a pi4 in 10 min

Banned
. He got his history facts wrong. Sixaxis was the first official wireless PlayStation controller, not the DualShock 3. In fact that whole bit is one of the most interesting developments of the PS controller. Has ads.

As if all this wasn't enough, his render fucking sucks donkey balls.

i didn't even watch till that part... before that he said that the DualShock 1 was the first PS controller and that the DualShock 2 was slimmer than the DualShock 1

that's when I stopped watching

Fbh

15 minutes of talking and ads and giveways for like 3 pictures.

Anyway, seems fake. And putting a screen on there would be silly from a durability, battery life and price perspective.

Varying resistance in the shoulder buttons and joysticks sounds like expensive garbage that isn't going to make playing games any better.

I'm not paying $80 for a controller, it isn't fucking happening. There'd better be a cheap option for people who don't want the bells and whistles and just want to play.

I know I'll be disappointed but I hope that with all the talk of backwards compatibility they just make the Dualshock 4 compatible, reduce the price and keep selling them as the cheaper alternative. Specially if all they are adding is stuff like shoulder buttons with variable resistance and improved sound/battery.

Last edited:

FrostyJ93

Its already out. Its called the dualshock 4.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I must have missed it.

A PS5 controller with mini touch screen was a fake March thing?

Found it. Heisenberg is right. March Twitter pic.

Thank you for digging that up as I still havent been able to watch the video.

But yeah that controller was proven fake awhile back even showing how it was made on a 3D printer.

Unless the video provides more info.

DonF

But the wired article said that the controller looked exactly like a ds4 but with a "hole that looked like a mic"

Im team fake

Holy fuck! Skip to 3:00 to start of video. Giveaways and sponsors first 3 minutes
He does them in the middle of the video too.
15 min video of pointless yapping on 1 picture.
Youtube 2019 in a nutshell.

Please like comment and subscribe and free give away thanks nord VPN
so I stopped the video after this absolutely gaming illiterate idiot said that the DualShock 1 was the first PlayStation controller, and that the DualShock 2 was "slimmer" than the DualShock 1... like wtf?

I'm not giving this guy any more of my time.
how can you make a 13min video about a supposed leaked PS5 controller and not even take a few minutes to research stuff if you're too ignorant to gaming history to make a good video?

and that's not even mentioning the mobile game ad and giveaway stuff at the beginning

this guy earned a place on my YT channel to ignore list
If you think the pad will have a screen on it like this, then... well I don’t know, but you’re an idiot.
Not trying to be a dick, but man that video took a LONG FUCKING TIME to get to the point. Giveaways, ads, a history lesson. Yeah, we get it man. Can you show us the new controller please? I honestly stopped watching 5 minutes in.
.............................................. lol.

magnumpy

more recent cellphone screens, like they can turn up the brightness when more power is needed/available or they can go into a low power mode if they're just displaying text or non moving images. thus creating an "always on" type of display.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned

Daniel appeared to have gotten pictures of a dev kit with not a lot of time between that and the patent and Gizmodo confirmation, which lends some cred here.

Previous prototype pictures:

And here i am bitching about the text size in death stranding and you want me to read all that shit on a 2 inch screen?
Bunch of bull.

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

FrostyJ93

I really wish people would stop showing that devkit design. Its not what the final design will look like. If you went up to any company trying to present them that as a retail product you would get laughed out if the building. Use your noggin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom