• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG

I havent seen commentary for code Geass and Im not sure if the DVD set has it. WIll have to look. If it does I might have to watch it that way. I love when directors are like "We just felt like doing this for the lols".

Truth be told, I don't think that specific episode has any commentary. But on some of the others the staff does say "yes, this thing that happened in Code Geass is totally impossible outside of anime, but we felt it was amusing or funny". Which makes the attempt to provoke audience reactions quite intended, unlike a lot of the other titles on the list that have no self-awareness.

cajunator

Banned
Truth be told, I don't think that specific episode has a commentary. But on some of the others the staff does say "yes, this thing that happened in Code Geass is totally impossible outside of anime, but we felt it was amusing or funny". Which makes the attempt to provoke audience reactions quite intended, unlike a lot of the other titles on the list that have no self-awareness

It reminds me of a scene in, I believe it was Cat Soup where the director is like "I wanted them to make a bird with the sky in it because its awesome".

Do you importing those Free! BDs DTL?

Would have if they had engSubs.

But I did buy more Free! stuff this week.
tumblr_mvwm5sw2ch1qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mvwm5sw2ch1qbxqfpo2_1280.jpg

Honestly, don't.

5 episodes in and it's been a piss poor adaption for anyone familiar with the games.

And the way they've managed to mishandle the story of CT/CS, makes it's all sorts of confusing for any newcomers who've never played the games before.

Well that's disappointing. Is the action at least any good, the trailer made it look nice?

Action : Cajun woke up ...
Effect : Thread speed x3

---------------
Arpeggio of blue Steel - Ars Nova - 05

This episode was better than expected

I mean i knew there would be friendship , but i certainly didn't expect that in such a way .
Arpeggio%20of%20Blue%20Steel%20-%20Ars%20Nova%20-%2005.jpg

Ah then we reached the final design !
Friendship ? Good
Dressing dolls ? Better
Goofing comedy ? Great.

It does have Platinum and Makoto in it though so I have to at least try it. Not really looking forward to it though. Maybe if they put Kokonoe in there.

She already appeared in Episode 5 and I'm pretty sure she made a few other earlier appearances like when she captured Hakumen.

Well that's disappointing. Is the action at least any good, the trailer made it look nice?

Nope.

Infact, the poor action can be summed up with the Jin gif.

blazblue-alter-memory-ep-1-anime-seventhstyle-013.gif

And where the animation budget went towards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-yR6-BweMg

The only List anime I've actually seen is Baoh. I know I said I was gonna watch Mad Bull 34 a few days ago, but I still haven't gotten around to that (I was busy catching up with HxH).

Gazoinks

So it's finally time !

Hall of fame time !

Code:
cajunator 	1,117
KirbYayoi 	857
CorvoSol 	699
Gazoinks 	617
Admiral Woofington 	565

King of the Juniors! :p

Might as well do an updated seasonal ranking:

AoTS Tier:
-Kyousougiga: An interesting world, really pretty art, and the best OP of the season! The question is, where will it go in its second half?
-Kill La Kill: Some people will find it incredibly grating, some people will love it. I fall on the second side. The series seems to be turning to a somewhat more serious tone with increased world building, although we'll see if it sticks.

I Did Not Expect This To Be Good Tier:
-White Abum 2: A very light touch supporting a trio of characters who are all likable people with good interactions. Has the experimental, avant garde touch of the protagonist being an up-standing, confident guy who's neither a klutz or a pervert.
-Log Horizon: Fun show with a fun cast, and some nice MMO-y touches to make the world actually feel like a game. Unique protagonist. Not brilliant, but very entertaining so far.

Hanging On By A Thread Tier:
-Samurai Flamenco: Poor production values aside, my opinion on this show has been up and down like crazy. I like the core stuff between Masayoshi and Goto (Episode 2 is my favorite so far), but now they're introducing side characters, neither of whom I particularly like so far.

Hanging On By A Thinner Thread Tier:
-Golden Time: I want to like this show, really! There's some nice character interaction, and some decent humor, and I really like the way it's paced to get past some pre-relationship crap. But I can not handle some of the ridiculously stupid plot points this show throws at me. Also Koko is constantly on the border between being likably whacked and just being insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom