• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
You hating on LiSA? You be cray. The new OP is good but it will never surpass Oath Sign's smooth backdrop before the chorus.

no-def-not.gif

The direction in OP 2 was topnotch and the song itself better fit the show.

Branduil

Beyond the Boundary 6

iAxvP5OxQ7NXK.jpg

She does the "nervously wiping her glasses" thing even when she doesn't have her glasses.
A visual joke that's actually funny, what a concept.

This is probably the "best" episode of this show so far, mainly because they just give up any pretense of it being anything besides a really dumb comedy. I like to think the smelly youma is a caricature of KyoAni's current fanbase.

wonzo

Banned
knk 4

kyoukaikanata4.jpg

oh get fucked

good action scenes mixed with a bad anime. i would've dropped with this episode but the praise for ep 6 makes me want to stick with it just a little longer. well, before the entire thing gets posted in gif form anyway

Branduil

knk 4

good action scenes mixed with a bad anime. i would've dropped with this episode but the praise for ep 6 makes me want to stick with it just a little longer. well, before the entire thing gets posted in gif form anyway

You're going to have to get through the worst episode first.

And what a steaming pile of melodramatic offal that story was.

I think KyoAni is better off sticking to meaningless comedic fluff when they can't get actual quality writers or material.

a fucking terrible one, yes

lol damn.

What shows did KyoAni write then?

I continue to not regret dropping KnK after episode 1. >.> I think the glasses fetish of Mr. Sweatervest was the thing that annoyed me more than anything, actually. It felt like they realized he was boring and were desperately trying to give him a single horrible character trait.

Last week I forgot he was the lead character when both him and the black hair guy were on the screen at the same time.

For the OST, yeah, but there's an instrumental version of Daisy on the standard edition of the CD single out in late November.

Thanks for the heads up!

Gazoinks

I continue to not regret dropping KnK after episode 1. >.> I think the glasses fetish of Mr. Sweatervest was the thing that annoyed me more than anything, actually. It felt like they realized he was boring and were desperately trying to give him a single horrible character trait.

Articalys

Do I still have to wait till January for the OST? :(

All I want is an instrumental of the ED and the whole track that plays right before the OP in the first episode.
For the OST, yeah, but there's an instrumental version of Daisy on the standard edition of the CD single out in late November.

Branduil

I don't really get how they could follow up the bankrupt dreck of episode 5 with an episode full of genuinely funny comedy, but they did. The comedic timing, most of the silly jokes; it's just a complete turnaround from what came before.

Too bad next episode is back to
dumb angst fighting.

zeroshiki

I hope KyoAni has something for Spring/Winter before the inevitable restart of Chuuni/Free!

Now I know how Sonic fans feel :(

Branduil

Not as bad as the
sister-fetish guy who talks about his fetish with his sister right there.
The show is full of dumb trope characters who have no relation to the real world and couldn't possibly ever exist in it.

Not as bad as the
sister-fetish guy who talks about his fetish with his sister right there.
The show is full of dumb trope characters who have no relation to the real world and couldn't possibly ever exist in it.

It really puts things in perspective when you say it like this.

Branduil

Who's excited for more Takemoto in KnK ep10?! Lolz.

Which ones has he done so far?

It really puts things in perspective when you say it like this.

Seriously, imagine what would happen to a guy in real life who went around talking about how much he loves little sisters, with his little sister right there listening to all of it. Even accepting that a small number of people do have this mental condition, you're not going to talk about it openly.

duckroll

Yozakura has some pretty nice staff lined up. There are two episodes worth mentioning in particular.

- Ep9 is directed by Tatsuya Yoshihara with Takaya Sunagawa and Jiemon Futsuzawa as animation directors. That's the Muromi-san director working with two animation directors who were also part of that show. I don't think of him much as a director, but the animation should be pretty good at least.

- Ep10 has Shingo Yamashita storyboarding and directing. Nuff said. Branduil should probably be excited. :)

Which ones has he done so far?

Ep2 and ep4. I would say he's probably the main "action episode" director on the series. I wouldn't be surprised if he's working on one more episode other than ep10 too, maybe the final episode. Lol. Such a far cry from Hyouka... rip.

Branduil

Yozakura has some pretty nice staff lined up. There are two episodes worth mentioning in particular.

- Ep9 is directed by Tatsuya Yoshihara with Takaya Sunagawa and Jiemon Futsuzawa as animation directors. That's the Muromi-san director working with two animation directors who were also part of that show. I don't think of him much as a director, but the animation should be pretty good at least.

- Ep10 has Shingo Yamashita storyboarding and directing. Nuff said. Branduil should probably be excited. :)

I should probably start watching the show first.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Seriously, imagine what would happen to a guy in real life who went around talking about how much he loves little sisters, with his little sister right there listening to all of it. Even accepting that a small number of people do have this mental condition, you're not going to talk about it openly.
unfortunately this assumption is overly optimistic.

duckroll

But if you're the only son in a rich and prestigious elitist family of ghost slayers, and you have super badass powers which allow you to kick ass using a scarf as a weapon.... you probably don't give a shit about what people think!

Jarmel

Banned
It's like you guys have never seen anime before.

We even have a BONES anime coming up where the sister is yandere for the brother.

Branduil

But if you're the only son in a rich and prestigious elitist family of ghost slayers, and you have super badass powers which allow you to kick ass using a scarf as a weapon.... you probably don't give a shit about what people think!

This is assuming a higher level of thinking behind the character writing than I am willing to give the show credit for.

CorvoSol

Blood C 9

"Were you at school today?"
"Of course. I even heard there was a monster."

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MISS THAT.

"The notice to come to school today would've gone out to everyone, wouldn't it?"
"Of course it would."
"Then why was only our class there?"

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

LESBIAN TEACHER DUN IT

It must be easier to write and animate10 minutes worth of fanservice in one room to fill run time I guess.

I'll refer back to my query from the first page - how are these things getting their own series?

Branduil

Blood C 9

"Were you at school today?"
"Of course. I even heard there was a monster."

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MISS THAT.

"The notice to come to school today would've gone out to everyone, wouldn't it?"
"Of course it would."
"Then why was only our class there?"

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

LESBIAN TEACHER DUN IT

ItsHappening.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom