• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean after all the good things that have happened with Tokyo Ghoul manga getting licensed and the sequel incoming. I get this hmmmm. I should of known that there would of been a catch, but oh well I hope it turns out well. But it probably won't :(

raven777

Fate stay night Unlimited Blade Works E01

Great OP and ED. The ED music is fantastic.
The whole episode was great as well. Since it is another 50 minute episode the first half could get boring but I thought they did pretty good job like Episode 0. And the action scene.....The action was better than Episode 0. That fight scene was....just incredible.

mankoto

I mean after all the good things that have happened with Tokyo Ghoul manga getting licensed and the sequel incoming. I get this hmmmm. I should of known that there would of been a catch, but oh well I hope it turns out well. But it probably won't :(

Well,if the story is written by the mangaka himself,it all depends on the studio at this point then. At least we don't have to worry about it feeling rushed/pointing out whatever was skipped.

cHinzo

Man, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is so fcking beautiful. Very likeable characters, the art direction is top notch and it has some great music. Expect lots of humor, drama and romance. I'm a sucker for these kind of anime. ;_;
nQZdrdK.png
For people who aren't bothering watching the first episode (shame on you!), at least watch the OP!

Blusby

Fate stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 01: Better than last week's episode, the fight here was glorious as dat
Gae Bolg sequence
. I also love the OST, shit is great. Looks like
Berserker
next week.

Jarmel

Banned
Madan no Ou to Vanadis -02

Good god, dude is ridiculous. Catching an arrow midflight and shooting it straight back to the owner was some Beserker level shit.

God damn. Dude is superhuman.

mankoto

Mandan no Ou to Vanadis 2
Feels pretty generic still. Although it may be like this throughout

Madan no Ou to Vanadis -02

Good god, dude is ridiculous. Catching an arrow midflight and shooting it straight back to the owner was some Beserker level shit.

God damn. Dude is superhuman.
I don't think he was paying attention to when it happened either. He just... Did it. But hey, they needed an excuse to give him a better bow.

Gundam Wing 25

At some point after
his family got killed as soon as they were introduced,
someone got inside Quatre's head and it keeps telling him to "Kill 'em all."

Also it took a good 6 or so episodes before someone realized that keeping the Gundam pilots and the researchers alive could likely be detrimental to their plans in the long run. Tsubarov is the least interesting of the main antagonists but he at least he's thinking ahead.

mankoto

That op is really nice. Gorgeous art too. I had no idea this was a music anime. I think I'll start watching it.
Ended up spoiling myself last night reading the manga. 22 episodes is just enough to tell the story of this arc without cutting anything which is great. This is going to be really good if the budget holds out.

Log Horizon 10-12

This is starting to get real good now. Shiroe being a boss, NPC/People of the Land nobility & politics, newer/younger players getting in on some action; it's so exciting.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 PV

http://youtu.be/yRr10QYQCU4

What the fuck? Why is Kaneki in Koukuria, in prison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell guys I really did not see this coming. It seems that season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul will be an anime original written by Ishida his original draft from the manga. Welp I don't know what to think anymore.

Sasuga Pierrot.

Soredemo Machi wa Matteiru 10

This narrator seems to have really missed his true calling.

I thought after the sudden time travel nothing will surprise me. But nope, right off the bat, aliens.

mankoto

Gundam SEED Destiny 2
The 3 people that stole the Gundams more or less got away. One of them is completely traumatized when it comes to talking about death... Athrun and Shinn chase after them, but ultimately lag behind them.

Utena - 15

Choo...choo? Wtf at that ending. That use "comfort" reminded me strongly of a certain scene in Katawa Shoujo and while its meaning was already abundantly clear in KS, it's even more obvious here (or seems like it anyways).

Also
you've got a sister complex and you've got a brother complex and you've got them both and you over there as well...

It keeps getting more bizarre and quite creepy at times. But then there's Chu-Chu with a sleeping-mask taking a nap, so 'tis all good.

Gazoinks

Utena - 15
Also
you've got a sister complex and you've got a brother complex and you've got them both and you over there as well...

This is pretty much a summary of the cast of Utena, yes.

More people should really watch this show so I can feed off their impressions.

Anohana - Episode 9

Jintan's getting second thoughts about letting Menma go. Looks like Yukiatsu was right all along! As for the next episode, time to dive into the fireworks!

CorvoSol

The worst thing about you posting these gifs is I no longer really know how far I made it in this show before I cracked up. MoO is an affront to sequence.

G Gundam 30

Wow! Allenby is so damn rad! I wasn't expecting to see such a cool female character in this show. I mean, I like Rain and Natasha & the girls from Chibodee's team are cool and all, but Allenby is on another level! I hope she becomes a regular like the Shuffle Alliance members. I'm also seeing a lot of where Aila's character in GBF must have come from. But now I feel like if I were to ever watch the first season of GBF again I'd be disappointed by how Aila isn't a rad punk sailor moon chick and they just took the back-story and brainwashing supercharge mode and made it tedious and annoying.

In Aila's defense, her backstory and the brainwashed supercharge mode aren't directly taken from Allenby. I wrote a post on it awhile back, but basically the character archetype extends all the way back to Mobile Suit Gundam's Lalah Sune, whose backstory is probably closer to Aila's than Allenby's, although the element of coercion is more likely to be from Four Murasame than Lalah, who was fairly willing. This type of character is at least as old as the genre, but within Gundam MSG and MSZG are where all of this began.

It's also why Aila pilots a Qubeley instead of a Nobel Gundam; because the brainwashed supergirls in ZZ Gundam all piloted Qubeleys.

That said, Allenby sneaking out at night to get some damn meat buns is most definitely where Aila sneaking out to get some damn meat buns came from.

ZZ Gundam 09

I like Roux Louka, she reminds me of Hime from Brain Powered: Confident, competent, with a take-no-guff attitude, while admittedly being as prone to bouts of illogical or just plain stupid decision-making as any other Tomino character. She hasn't displayed Hime's, uh, romantic aggressiveness yet, but I could definitely see her doing so later.

Glemmy's such a putz, he fits right in with Machinima's sorry crew.

Roux actually doesn't get all that aggressive romantically. She and Elle kinda clash, and their mutual attraction for Judau is buried in that, but Tomino doesn't really spend much time on it.

But yeah, I like Roux. Having her around was the one softening of the loss of Emma.

Clov

So, there's been a very surprising announcement today. Sunrise has announced that RightStuf will be releasing some old Gundam anime, starting with the original series and Turn A Gundam. Found out from here.

JCG

So, there's been a very surprising announcement today. Sunrise has announced that RightStuf will be releasing some old Gundam anime, starting with the original series and Turn A Gundam. Found out from here.

If confirmed, then ALL OF MY MONEY.

mankoto

Gundam SEED Destiny 3
Not so secretive secret is out that Alex is actually the one and only Athrun.

I wonder what those pods were though. The 3 slept in them and were sent right back out for round two. I wonder if it's the same as those addictive drinks we saw a different trio take near the end of SEED. Stellar is still shaken up after hearing the "D," word.

TUSR

Banned

Ohhhhh shit.

Give me Wing BD, and Endless Waltz.

Clov

It's surprising news for sure, though I'm not going to get myself too excited about it until RightStuf starts releasing some BDs.
Also I still need to watch Turn A Gundam.

Midonin

Waremete 02

I'm not sure what Yui is yet, but that "ghost" looked a lot like her, if not was her. The club's mission of fun is probably going to remain this way for the rest of the show, and the mystery hasn't really kicked in yet, but we did start with that opening with some sort of cube being placed on a thing. I'll stick around, I'm curious enough. The OP and ED are both alright, about what I'd expect for an eroge anime.

JCG

It's surprising news for sure, though I'm not going to get myself too excited about it until RightStuf starts releasing some BDs.
Also I still need to watch Turn A Gundam.

Turn A Gundam all the way.

I don't think they'll release them on any other format besides DVDs either.

As long as they can get remastered video on a DVD, I think it'll be a significant upgrade over the old Bandai DVDs where applicable.

HappinessCharge Precure 33

I don't even remember if I posted anything about this episode, but Oresky has a final form apparently. Also this chick. Cool person, too bad side characters not named Seiji won't amount to much in this.

That being said, all this episode really did for me was basically be another example of how Megumi is rather lame. She's really not that interesting as a pink, and she feels like yet another extreme reaction to how people felt about the previous pink. Much like how Mana was super competent, and overbearing as a reaction to Miyuki being braindead (and everyone else in Doki was competent to combat the general low intelligence of the Smile crew), Megumi is like... not really there at times, she is a flawed person (unlike Mana), but they're not really capitalizing on that aspect too much. If anything, this feels more like Toei isn't really sure what to do with Megumi.

Probably doesn't help that she broke the string of good episodes with a mediocre episode. I honestly couldn't bother to sit through the entire thing, and just watched bits and pieces of it, knowing she fucked up, knowing she wasn't too interesting, but the side girl was. Rocket Girl. And she didn't get her innocent form. lol Megumi

HappinessCharge! Precure 34

And in all honesty, I wasn't too big on this episode either. It's like to get Innocent Form so far, a penis must be involved, because how else can you understand innocence? That's why Megumi didn't get hers, because she helped a girl! Toei is attempting to fix the birth rate problem, CLEARLY! *granted now this makes no sense as of ep 35*

We have a Student Council President, who is cool with the ladies, either because he has swag, or just because of his position. Who knows, but he clearly does shit for the school, like hanging posters on a wall. Hime's innocent form sort of feels like Megumi got ripped off in not getting hers, but lol Megumi.

I find it rather difficult for me to really care much about side characters though. It has been like that since Smile Precure for me though. Granted, I came in expecting this to be the case giving who is involved. They're not around enough for me to consider them fully fleshed out. They're merely props... granted they're more interesting than say, Fujipi from Futari Wa, who despite having a shitload of screentime, he had the personality of cardboard.

Think another thing I slowly realized is that the story portions seem to be rather... short, and not really full. There's bits and details, but it's never brought up, what with the fighting taking up quite the time, and I know it's not really a stock footage problem either.

There was something I found interesting though. Earlier in the series, there was a girl who had a crush on Seiji.

This girl actually. She was here back in like episode 8 at the summer festival with Megs and Hime, and the other friends. She was also there for the little trip. BUT! Despite the schoolmates being here, she was the one person suspiciously missing from the group. Was the fallout from being rejected too strong for her? To the point of leaving the group to not deal with the pain? I don't know, but I find this rather peculiar.

HappinessCharge Precure 35

THE BENTOS OF YUUYUU HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE KINDABADS TURN WHITE, MANGA ARTISTS REGAIN MOTIVATION AND ENERGY! HAS TOUCHED THE HEARTS OF FAMOUS CELEBS! WE EVEN SEE THE MAGIC THAT IS HONEY CANDY! Even in the face of a mean grandma, she delivers lunches with a smile, even if they're complaining. Capable of dropping Clover Nukes on the field, she was already filled with innocent feelings and has clearly had innocent form before it was a thing. SHE EVEN MADE HOSHIIWA TSUNDERE

THIS IS THE FACE OF ALL OF THAT

Based fucking Yuuko. Eat Rice assholes! Fall off your horse!

That being said, as mentioned in my episode 34 comments, the same applies here. We see portraits of an old guy in the grandma's house, which is definitely her husband, who is deceased. Granted this isn't mentioned, but it's clear. She actually looks forward to Yuuko's food as well, but it's not exactly expanded on really. It's just there for you to pick up the pieces and whatnot. Not sure if that's okay since the target audience won't understand, but eh.

There was definitely some Cure Honey styling and profiling going on in this episode, even creating clover stairs as if she was on a Stairway to Heaven, prepping to go Innocent Form. Why is Honey so great? She even taught me how to make honey candy. I mean really, can you get anymore based than that?

As for the next episode, Megumi's innocent birthday....

The previews..... uhh... hmm... Honestly, complicated feelings. It doesn't LOOK innocent to me. It feels rather.... not for kids the way it looked. Looked more like a prom date that won't give us High School Musical Scenarios. All I know is that Honey looked great in the previews.

jbug617

Banned
Right Stuf and Sunrise announcement

Right Stuf and Sunrise expand Mobile Suit Gundam distribution deal!

Posted on: Saturday, October 11, 2014
Right Stuf, Inc. is excited to announce a new expanded distribution deal with Sunrise Inc. to release the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise in North America.

The Mobile Suit Gundam franchise is a space opera anime that redefined the mecha genre. The original Mobile Suit Gundam series focused on using giant combat robots as a tool to win a war. This plot line structure strongly influenced future mecha series in the anime industry. In this newly expanded agreement, Right Stuf will continue to be the distribution arm for Sunrise as they work to re-release out-of-print Mobile Suit Gundam classic programming, along with the first-ever North American releases of Turn A Gundam, Gundam ZZ and more!

2014 marks the 35th anniversary of the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime release in Japan. The original anime series was created and directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino and aired on Nagoya Broadcasting Network from April 1979 – January 1980. It later inspired numerous manga, movies, videogames and anime spinoffs. To date, the Gundam franchise encompasses over 25 different series.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000007457

Clov

Well, the deal seems to cover the whole franchise! That's really neat. Maybe this means there's a chance I'll finally get those Zeta and Char's Counterattack BDs I always wanted. If there's ever a time for RightStuf to start BD releases, it would be now.

JCG

Well, the deal seems to cover the whole franchise! That's really neat. Maybe this means there's a chance I'll finally get those Zeta and Char's Counterattack BDs I always wanted. If there's ever a time for RightStuf to start BD releases, it would be now.

I'd like that to be true, but let's be realistic for a moment here.

Gundam, outside of Wing, isn't a huge seller. Releasing BD discs of the old shows would be a significant risk for everyone involved. Especially since Right Stuf recently reiterated that BD production costs are still too high for them. Gundam Unicorn and The Origin are both newer projects and have a different release model.

The Japanese are still worried about reverse imports too, which affects prices, so I am not expecting any of the older series to get a BD release.

Clov

I'd like that to be true, but let's be realistic for a moment here.

Gundam, outside of Wing, isn't a huge seller. Releasing BD discs of the old shows would be a significant risk for everyone involved. Especially since Right Stuf recently reiterated that BD production costs are still too high for them. Gundam Unicorn and The Origin are both newer projects and have a different release model.

The Japanese are still worried about reverse imports too, which affects prices, so I am not expecting any of the older series to get a BD release.

Sad, but true. Though RightStuf has said that they are looking into BD releases for 2015, it's not likely that they'll give BD releases to the older Gundam anime, especially since this seems to be a similar deal to the DVD releases of Gundam Unicorn. Still, I wouldn't say it's impossible. We'll wait and see.

As for The Origin, it seems like Bandai Visual will just be releasing them over here themselves, just like they did with Unicorn's BDs. That's more likely to get a BD release. I'm not especially excited about that one, though. CG mobile suit battles aren't my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom