• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to Parasyte and hoping it's good. I remember reading it awhile back and really liked it

Fingers crossed for GIANT DICK HAND

Fox318

Yowamushi Pedal season 2!!!

also

a58dyZD.jpg

yami4ct

Yeah, 7 Deadly Sins is a glaring omission from post 2. Has the potential to be great provided A-1 gets a good team for it.

I can't remember the last time I was excited by an A-1 show and didn't leave hugely disappointed by spotty animation. I've given up hope that that studio can do something well the whole way through.

Still excited for 7 Sins, though. Definitely heard a lot of good hype for it, so it's on my list to try out.

Well, I guess better lay out the hype list. Everyone else should to, so we can all be equally judged by our own poor tastes.

#1/2: Gundam: Reconguista in G

GET HYPE FOR GUNDAM TOILETS AND SPACE CHEERLEADERS HOLY SHIT

This will be my first Gundam series to watch as it airs (besides Build Fighters S1) as I didn’t watch AGE or Unicorn when it started, so I am considerably hyped. I am hoping for a full 52 episodes at some point, hopefully the entire run will just be 48-52 so the S2 curse can be avoided.
Despite that curse that won’t stop me from being hyped to shit about…

#1/2: Gundam Build Fighters Try

ALSO GET HYPED FOR THIS TOO WHILE I SACRIFICE SHEEPS SO SUNRISE DON’T FUCK IT UP

In all reality, choosing one of these series over the other as my most hyped is impossible so I’m cheating, but if I could choose one of these shows to be amazing and live up to its hype, it’d probably be Try.
I just… I WANNA SEE GROWN UP MEIJIN, AILA AND NILS NIELSEN SO FUCKIN BAD

#3: Parasyte/Kiseijuu

Migi is apparently voiced by a girl in this? That’s going to be weird because I always read his lines in Gilbert Gottfried’s voice.
With the recent violence censorships plaguing a lot of shows (Tokyo Ghoul, Pupa, JoJo, Terra Formars) I am praying this will slide by fine and going by the PV it just might. I recently read the manga and it was very enjoyable, and seeing how this will be 24 episodes to cover 60+ 30/40 page chapters, I’m wondering how they will adapt it. But I have faith that this will turn out well.

#4: Log Horizon S2

It’s more Database. Already confirmed better then SAO II’s second arc, hoping for more Crusty, Isaac and based Nyanta-san.
First Season was pretty good, but a lot of it felt like set up for some future stuff so hopefully we’ll see some of that payoff here. In any case it should be enjoyable.

#5: Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle

lmao “Avenging Battle”, guess the Chaika wars will continue but if one better than Red shows up that’ll be the real kicker.
The first season of Chaika I honestly liked, it didn’t really do anything to push itself above what it is but it definitely didn’t do anything to make itself hateable (maybe Chaika’s speech pattern?)
I just hope after this we can get a Noragami S2.

#6: Psycho-Pass S2

More hyped for the new Openings and Endings honestly
Psycho-Pass was okay, hopefully this can be as okay as that and maybe it can even be better!!!

#7: Amagi Brilliant Park

Got no idea what this is about but it’s by KyoAni and that’s like flipping a coin these days

#8: Cross Ange

I’m a spinal surgery enthusiast, what can I say.

#9: Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu

Enron show of the season, not even two Gundams can stop this one

Anything else I’ll just read impressions for. Kaitou Joker, F/SN, that DTL Mermaid thing all fall into this boat. Really anything goes. I’ll watch pretty much anything except Terra Formars

yami4ct

I only got through 3 episodes before I dropped it.

Evidently it got better after 3 eps. I guess the 3 ep rule was a lie.

It definitely got better, but the episodic nature just sort of killed my enthusiasm. I really can't get excited week to week for it because it's so disconnected. I also find it to be a bit hit or miss comedic wise, but that's mostly just my sense of humor.

I'm super excited for Build Fighters TRY and Ufotable Fate/Stay Night!

Don't know how I should feel about G-Reco since I haven't seen a Tomino Gundam before, but hey! It's got Eureka Seven character designs so that's a positive!

I haven't seen a complete work of Tomino's, perhaps I'm lucky. Then again, I might start up Overman King Gainer soon to see what happens when Tomino crosses paths with Ichiro Okouchi. I expect to come out understanding why Code Geass turned out the way it did.

Shergal

Gonna try out:
-Tomino
-Kaito Joker
-Parasyte
-Kimi no Uso
-Fate
-Cute girls making cute animu
-Kyoani park
-That Masaya Fujimori dance thingy whatever, although it looks spotty as hell

Fully expecting to drop most of it by the 2nd episode

zulux21

Well, I guess better lay out the hype list. Everyone else should to, so we can all be equally judged by our own poor tastes.

I'm far to lazy to write details for all of them, or rank them but shows I am interested in checking out...

Newcomers (not sequels)
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Donten ni Warau
Akatsuki no Yona
Trinity Seven
Madan no Ou to Vanadis
Nanatsu no Taizai
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Amagi Brilliant Park
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu.

Show that I can't consider as a newcomer or sequel
Magic Kaito 1412

New series starting that are sequels that I will be watching
Psycho Pass 2
Fate Stay Night

Top series I want to check out to see how bad it goes down in flames of horribleness
ai tenchi muyo

yami4ct

any abuse of something make it something "worse" , just don'ty abuse of mecha, or look where that will get you !!!

Anyone know that Gundam Age is the best mecha anime ever made anyway

AGE is truly the Icarus of mecha shows. It had such vision and ambition with the 3 gen story line, only to forget that you need actual quality writing to pull that off. Oh well, at least Part 2 is good even if the rest is the vilest junk imaginable.

Fox318

Every time I see discussion I feel like I'm the only straight dude who watches it.

Then I remember Andy and Frank

2cLK1xZ.gif

CorvoSol

In Honor of our Dark Lord, let us all take this moment to completely misunderstand women in every single way we can.

Mecha

Mecha is truly the worst.

Mecha is cool, too bad modern mecha anime is riddled with problems.

Simple steps on improving modern mecha anime:

Less pretentious shit/don't be serious when you don't have the substance to make anyone care
More super robots
Less attempts at moe and fanservice
Less 3D
Less real robot shows that poorly try to copy the success of Gundam
Less angst
More hotblooded main characters
Better mecha designs

Yo I'm so fuckin hyped for Parasyte. Please Madhouse don't screw up.

Fingers crossed man

Mecha is cool, too bad modern mecha anime is riddled with problems.

Simple steps on improving modern mecha anime:

Less pretentious shit/don't be serious when you don't have the substance to make anyone care
More super robots
Less attempts at moe and fanservice
Less 3D
Less real robot shows that poorly try to copy the success of Gundam
Less angst
More hotblooded main characters
Better mecha designs

Also PLEASE design your female characters better

AGE is truly the Icarus of mecha shows. It had such vision and ambition with the 3 gen story line, only to forget that you need actual quality writing to pull that off. Oh well, at least Part 2 is good even if the rest is the vilest junk imaginable.
Ah ah NO , part 2 is just less bad than part 1 & 3 , with the timeskips, the stupid premise, the predictable twists, the horrible design doesn't make it good.
Let me tell you what part 2 did right : "The ending music song !"
Everything else is .... GARBAGE

That's not how you spell Giant Robo

i do NOT stand corrected

Clov

Since I'm busy with classes now, I won't be able to pick up as much anime as I did in Spring/Summer. Still, I'll be watching Mushishi, Parasyte, FSN, and Amagi for sure. Might even pick up that one about the girls making anime, and Tomino's new Gundam. We'll see.

yami4ct

Yo I'm so fuckin hyped for Parasyte. Please Madhouse don't screw up.

I forgot that it's Madhouse doing it. After HxH, I have complete faith they can still rock it.

Season predictions: I'll love GBF-Try's visuals and fights, but still hate its generic shonen story telling. I'll come away slightly disappointed in G-Reco, because no way it can be another Turn A. Parasyte will be my show of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom