• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Yeah well, that's how shit goes. Its not like anyone ever tried to reason with her that times were shitty for everyone in the 5th Century or whatever and changing the selection of the King would likely not have resulted in a better outcome. Its not like her intended wish was even sensical if her goal was actually changing the outcome to happy fairy magic happy land. I'm just saying Shirou never actually bothered to discuss the implications of what she wanted to do in the first place.

If I didn't know better, I would assume she just wanted to absolve herself of personal responsibility rather than actually prevent any of this from happening. But its Perfect Waifu Saber, so I have no reason to believe she's anything other than completely earnest.

The fact that the English territory was conquered several times in the next hundred years should have been some kind of clue here.

Yeah, but when was that relative to the alleged reign of King Arthur? Lots and lots of shit happened everywhere in the last 1200 years or whatever. Saber's concern over the long term consequences of anything don't appear to be relevant at all.

Technically speaking, I think next fully successful outside invasion was at the beginning of the X century. And even that did not involve wiping out of the entire Saxon language, culture, people. If we put the pseudo historical reign of Arthur at at the late V century and early 6 century that is like 500 hundred years ! :p I feel Sakura covered most of your points more eloquently than I could have and I have no knowledge of the FSN so can't really comment on that. On the subject of why Saber gets a free pass and Shirou doesn't, judging by UBW so far, Saber gets minuscule screen time for her issues and her actions make a semblance of sense, Shirou's don't.

Cross Ange 2

No amount of character development will make this trash a watchable trash.

Firemind

Milky Holmes TD Promo

There's a faint idol element to the show now (to promote Toys Drive), and the director isn't the same as the first two seasons - Moriwaki is working her magic on PriPara now - but most importantly of all, Milky Holmes are back to being worthless good-for-nothings and the show returns to the GA-esque zonky comedy that made me a fan in the first place.

I'd say it's my most anticipated show of the new season, but that's a disservice to my other most anticipated shows of the season.
AOTY contender

Why didn't the first two seasons ever get licensed?

phaze

Shin Sekai Yori 17

000093ccyre.png

A Game of Thrones episode with
Squealer
filling the shoes of Tywin Lannister.

How dare they change the amazing first ED ? <riots>

Shinsekai Yori has a second ED? I literally can't recall it whatsoever, gonna take a look at it again oO

First one is top class though!

edit: Huh, ED2 ain't even so bad.

We're into the double digits for the RightStuf holiday sale. Here are the notables:

A.I.R TV Series: $8 (SAVE Edition BTW)
Blue Exorcist: The movie: $60 for the BD, $25 for the DVD (Holy crap the latter actually sounds reasonable)
FLCL: $18
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society: $10
Gundam Unicorn DVD Bundle: $55
Hellsing Ultimate: $24 for part 1, $26 for part 2, $27 for part 3
Hidamari Sketch: $24 for Season 1/2 BDs $14 for season 1/2 DVDs, $17.50 for season 3 DVD and $5.25 for Hidamari X SP DVD
Mahoromatic: $21
Patabor OVA: $14 for the BD, $10.50 for the DVD
Patabor TV: $24.50 for the BDs, $21 for the DVDs
Shuffle!: $12 (SAVE Edition)
Strike Witches: $10 each.

I Knew Hellsing Ultimate would go on sale eventually. I can add that to my list.

cajunator

Banned
We're into the double digits for the RightStuf holiday sale. Here are the notables:

A.I.R TV Series: $8 (SAVE Edition BTW)
Blue Exorcist: The movie: $60 for the BD, $25 for the DVD (Holy crap the latter actually sounds reasonable)
FLCL: $18
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society: $10
Gundam Unicorn DVD Bundle: $55
Hellsing Ultimate: $24 for part 1, $26 for part 2, $27 for part 3
Mahoromatic: $21
Patabor OVA: $14 for the BD, $10.50 for the DVD
Patabor TV: $24.50 for the BDs, $21 for the DVDs
Shuffle!: $12 (SAVE Edition)
Strike Witches: $10 each.

I Knew Hellsing Ultimate would go on sale eventually. I can add that to my list.

At this rate everybodys room is going to resemble mine :)

Deadly

IS 2 OVA: World Purge Review
I also thought the actual story was confusing and I went to do a quick read of the volume the OVA covers. There appears to be ALOT of stuff missing.
For the American girl, she loses but then they decide to release her instead of taking her prisoner and then she's all like 'hey maybe you'll need me here's my number'. As for Tabane, she seems to have her own plans. The bad guys from S2 approach her to make them IS, she refuses but then sees Madoka and becomes all giddy and accepts to make her her own IS

OVA needed more of best girl, Tatenashi.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 10:

Ah yes, the requisite beach episode, well I guess technically it isn't, but let us be honest here. That being said, this is the kind of episode this series actually needed since it has been lacking in the doofy fun side of the first season. Also, good to know that being a hot blooded protagonist truly does run through the bloodline and I think we have found the Felini of this series.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So Cinderella Girl fans, I assume the voiced idols are the ones who will appear in the anime. Will make picking one before the show starts a bit easier and then seeing if I made the right choice.

Midonin

&#38911;&#12369;&#12518;&#12540;&#12501;&#12457;&#12491;&#12450;&#12512; &#20140;&#37117;&#12450;&#12491;&#12513;&#12540;&#12471;&#12519;&#12531;&#12391;&#12450;&#12491;&#12513;&#21270;&#27770;&#23450; &#65300;&#26376;&#12363;&#12425;&#25918;&#36865;
Next Kyoani TV anime
http://tkj.jp/info/euphonium/
The last time KyoAni did a music anime, it was my favorite anime of all time.

I'll see if this can match.

So Cinderella Girl fans, I assume the voiced idols are the ones who will appear in the anime. Will make picking one before the show starts a bit easier and then seeing if I made the right choice.
The right choice is Ranko*

*says the extremely biased Mayayan fan.

VRMN

K-on a music anime lol. More like 99% slice of life/ moeblob nonsense 1% music.
Eh, while the ratio was lower than many would have preferred, they had several big musical set pieces, including quite a few performances. It's just that they rarely showed practices in lieu of "moeblob nonsense."

I'd still call it a music show. It was centered on a band, they played enough music to populate I think two albums, neither of which included the OPs or EDs because they didn't need to.

&#38911;&#12369;&#12518;&#12540;&#12501;&#12457;&#12491;&#12450;&#12512; &#20140;&#37117;&#12450;&#12491;&#12513;&#12540;&#12471;&#12519;&#12531;&#12391;&#12450;&#12491;&#12513;&#21270;&#27770;&#23450; &#65300;&#26376;&#12363;&#12425;&#25918;&#36865;
Next Kyoani TV anime, i guess
http://tkj.jp/info/euphonium/

Well...you never know...maybe the show'll be fun!

Maybe it'll be nice! Like, maybe it'll be about a guy just playing music, with 6 other girls. They all enjoy life, there are no love triangles, no serious drama, no "hilarious" harem hijinks, it's all just about enjoying music and living life to the fullest, they run into inevitable small everyday problems they run into but work together solve them, everybody just having a good time...

I mean, I'd love a show like that!

Midonin

Encouragement of Climb S2 22

The combination of adding Honoka to their group and the continuing upward climb (with some trivia along the way) is making for a fun closing set of episodes to the show. One of my favorite moments was Hinata's "I'm sorry! Wait, who am I apologizing to?"

Maybe it'll be nice! Like, maybe it'll be about a guy just playing music, with 6 other girls. They all enjoy life, there are no love triangles, no serious drama, no "hilarious" harem hijinks, it's all just about enjoying music and living life to the fullest, they run into inevitable small everyday problems they run into but work together solve them, everybody just having a good time...

Wait, that sounds a lot like K-ON!, but it became a symbol of "everything that's wrong with anime" for some time.

Hm.. Looks like that guy is the new teacher or something.

There's that other guy on the book cover that's not a teacher as well though.

DiGiKerot

Correct Choices:

Kaede, so I can claim bragging rights over having a signed copy of the character single.
Sachiko, because Ayana Taketatsu.
Anzu, because I actually kind of liked her character song, and she'll actually have screentime.

I'd say Ranko, but I'm so over Chuuni at this point.

So, in conclusion, the best character will probably be Rin. She's the one who got to cameo in the iM@S movie, so she must be great!

Wait, that sounds a lot like K-ON!, but it became a symbol of "everything that's wrong with anime" for some time.

Only dude was Ritsu's brother though, who hides in the bathroom like a chump.

Yeah see, that's my problem. Why do the "nice, happy-go-lucky, slice-of-life" anime always have the main group involve girls only? Is there some kind of law in Japan where if you have an anime where one boy enters a group of four or more girls it immediately has to engorge itself with harem antics, love triangles, and melodrama?

Seriously, is there no show out there where one guy interacts with a group of girls and they just do nice things a la K-ON! or Non Non Biyori with no real story or drama whatsoever?

Midonin

I was approaching that from the opposite angle. The question I wanted to ask was "If a series has a largely/mostly female cast, why does the Western fandom automatically write it off?" (Like K-ON! becoming a scapegoat for the menace of "moe", even though there's one or two series like that per season, at best, when there's 20-40 shows every season. It's such a small number.) I know there are some series that are well-liked, but things like Madoka (violence/darkness) and Sabagebu (equally violent) come to mind - things that take on the values they're looking for, instead of being looked at on their own merits.

Yeah see, that's my problem. Why do the "nice, happy-go-lucky, slice-of-life" anime always have the main group involve girls only? Is there some kind of law in Japan where if you have an anime where one boy enters a group of four or more girls it immediately has to engorge itself with harem antics, love triangles, and melodrama?

Seriously, is there no show out there where one guy interacts with a group of girls and they just do nice things a la K-ON! or Non Non Biyori with no real story or drama whatsoever?

Hm... How about GJ-bu? :p

Hm... How about GJ-bu? :p

I've seen some of that. It was almost what I was looking for.

But there's one gripe I have with it.

The only thing that happens in it is that they sit in that club room, and talk. That's it. Sometimes they do stuff in the club room, but not much more than that.

Unlike in K-ON! where you have school plays, and field trips, travelling, learning, energy, and fun!

Or in Non Non Biyori where you have nice calm countryside life where the kids do all sorts of things throughout the different seasons!

I was more looking for something in the vein of those kind of shows.

Syrinx

I was approaching that from the opposite angle. The question I wanted to ask was "If a series has a largely/mostly female cast, why does the Western fandom automatically write it off?" (Like K-ON! becoming a scapegoat for the menace of "moe", even though there's one or two series like that per season, at best, when there's 20-40 shows every season. It's such a small number.) I know there are some series that are well-liked, but things like Madoka (violence/darkness) and Sabagebu (equally violent) come to mind - things that take on the values they're looking for, instead of being looked at on their own merits.

I don't think nintendoman is shitting on shows like K-ON! so much as he's looking for something that bucks the trend by adding a male presence or two or whatever yet still doesn't let that throw a wrench in the day-to-day interactions with the characters.

I don't think nintendoman is shitting on shows like K-ON! so much as he's looking for something that bucks the trend by adding a male presence or two or whatever yet still doesn't let that throw a wrench in the day-to-day interactions with the characters.

Exactly. I'm not hating on any of those shows, don't get me wrong. I'm just wondering why there can't be a boy among the main group of girls without it having to go all harem, drama, and love triangles, yadda yadda.

Jarmel

Banned
Think about it for a second. Why would KyoAni adapt a novel that nobody has heard of when they have much more lucrative options. At least with Amagi, Takemoto and Gatoh are friends.

It makes zero sense for them to do this.

Unlike in K-ON! where you have school plays, and field trips, travelling, learning, energy, and fun!

Or in Non Non Biyori where you have nice calm countryside life where the kids do all sorts of things throughout the different seasons!

I was more looking for something in the vein of those kind of shows.

Oh, right. You want something that's fun as well... Erhm... I dunno then. Wouldn't mind such a show myself either.

Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 10

I chuckled since there was an actual femChar.

I wanted more time on assimilation instead of fashion show, but at least we got Sekai in beach outfit (why no Sakai :( ).

Great fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom