• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ping Pong the Animation 02

gTnR0zU.png

Woof woof.

So I've recently seen Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, and Attack on Titan Season 1. I've also seen Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun in the past. What are the top 3 anime on Netflix that aren't in the above list?

Hm... Fate Zero has already been mentioned, and Welcome to the N.H.K. is on there.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Trinity seven

Wasn't really planning on watching this, but then the gifs reminded me of how awesome Levi is.

Hopefully being animated would make the action more bearable, because I do like the characters.

raven777

Amagi Brilliant Park 02

5437A84B4C31BE001F

Enjoyed this episode as well. Still had lots of explanations but I felt they did good job doing it. Seems like they got many of the boring stuff out of the way with the first 2 episodes and things will start moving from next episode. Very excited for episode 3.

2-50_Cent_304.jpg

More Sento please.

Quasar

Shirobako 1 - I imagined a light comedy about a group of girls in a school animation club. This is not that. I really quite liked it though. I wonder how lost people totally unfamiliar with animation production are.

Twintails 1 - WTF. That might be the dumbest thing ever.

So I've recently seen Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, and Attack on Titan Season 1. I've also seen Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun in the past. What are the top 3 anime on Netflix that aren't in the above list?

I don;t know about netflix but you should watch

Ghost in the Shell
Evangelion

phaze

Huh Atsushi Wakabayashi is the director for Shingeki no Bahamut 02.

Now go to Pierrot and do a Naruto episode. Matsumoto already came back for the opening. The dream team will be reunited.
dattebayo-naruto.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You sure love your ironic LN stuff.
Daimidaler and Akibaranger were both special shows for how self-aware they were. Daimidaler in particular because it played with the formula so extensively, including changing the protagonist in the middle of the show out of nowhere.

duckroll

Huh Atsushi Wakabayashi is the director for Shingeki no Bahamut 02.

Shinji Sato is storyboarding ep5, directed by Yoshihide Ibata, another Naruto combo. Ep6 is storyboarded by Hayama Ippaku, which seems to be a pen name, given how the person only storyboarded 10 episodes of Naruto from 2003 to 2005 and has worked on nothing else before or after that. Very mysterious.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - 01

This seems to be a fairly generic romcom with a clear triangle setup already. Yet, I rather enjoyed this episode. Could do with a little less slapstick but liked the MCs background story and found his and the other 3 characterization decent so far. Also it doesn't have that kind of boobgrab/fall on girl cliché...yet anyways. The whole music/instrument angle makes it a bit more interesting as well.

And quite frankly, I actually really like me well done love-triangle drama and so far the execution was fine even if this episode merely set up the premise. Will definitely continue watching for now, hope it won't be disappointing, especially with the lukewarm comments towards its manga.

Amagi Park - 02

Liked the episode quite a bit actually. Not the biggest fan of the mascots but MC was pretty cool guy this episode. Senso fortunately got some nice characterization, too, which was necessary.

PS:
Just how god damn many anime shows are there this season? It's kinda ridiculous how they just don't stop coming oO

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Psycho Pass 1

0G13pNH.jpg

One man takes a stand against a society that still thinks it's ok to use a wall as a toilet.

rrvv

Mouretsu Pirate 18-26 [END]

What a boss fight.

very interesting journey hat I been watch. the strength clearly world building and how the construct it with many intereting character and history.

cannot wait for movie

Pretty obvious ironbread is marika dad

Jarmel

Banned
Amagi Brilliant Park 2

Eh, it's okay. And normally "okay" would be okay, but I can't help but feel like there's wasted potential in this. For one thing, if you're going to have magic powers, you could do a lot more with mind-reading than they've done so far.

Honestly I'm kinda glad that they're not overplaying/overusing the magic so far. I would have preferred a story without any magic whatsoever though. I do expect the telekinesis stuff to play in later though.

mankoto

Shirobako 1
Thought this was going to be cute girls doing cute things while making anime. Instead we actually got a show about making anime which is cool in itself.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ketchup is kinda ok with a hard sunny side up (better with a hot sauce though) but ketchup with a runny yolk? No thanks.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Legend of Korra Book 4, Episode 2:

Yea, people are going to be paralleling Korra Alone here with the superb The Last Airbender episode Zuko Alone, and with good reason. Is it the second coming of that episode, yes, both are episodes about outsiders who have lost their place in the world and the struggles to find themselves in the new situation. Of course, the devil is the details, so Korra Alone is going to play out much differently as her circumstances rightfully differ wildly from Zuko. Is the episode as good as Zuko Alone? Hard to say at this point since we lack the full context at this point in time, but dear god this was an episode Korra has needed for 3 seasons.
I do like at the end of the day it is her long standing personality flaws that are preventing her from re-becoming the Avatar. Her lack of patience has always been a key downfall of Korra and now she is paying the price for it. Also, yea, can we just call Korra and Asami a couple now? I guess they are never going to come out and say it because children's programming is still that stupid. On the other hand, I do like the fact, that in the all likelihood that they have hooked up, not to big of a deal is being made about the gender connection. Also, I knew this was leading to Toph but still it is damn good to see her again
I really do hope Korra keeps up this level of quality.

mankoto

Shigatsu was Kimi no Uso 1
This was really pretty to look at. A little nervous on where the romance will go since its childhood friend vs the one will get him back to playing the piano.
RIP that soccer player

Sailor Moon 43

I kind of wish they hadn't made it so obvious to the audience in the beginning that there wasn't in fighting between the Sailor Senshi as that would have made the final scene a bit more impactful. Other then that pretty enjoyable episode ban ban

Shin Sekai Yori 2-5
This is pretty interesting. The psychokinetic powers are cool and the way the society restarted itself and is controlling the population is interesting. Also guessing sealing the powers is merely a psychological trick. I'm interested in seeing where this series goes after dropping so many surprises

Shirobako 01

WTF?! This was really, really good. Totally surprising. I guess anime is that abusive partner who regularly hits you across the face but you keep coming back because it can be really good to you sometimes.

Legend of Korra Book 4, Episode 2:
I do like at the end of the day it is her long standing personality flaws that are preventing her from re-becoming the Avatar. Her lack of patience has always been a key downfall of Korra and now she is paying the price for it. Also, yea, can we just call Korra and Asami a couple now? I guess they are never going to come out and say it because children's programming is still that stupid. On the other hand, I do like the fact, that in the all likelihood that they have hooked up, not to big of a deal is being made about the gender connection. Also, I knew this was leading to Toph but still it is damn good to see her again

Your yuri goggles are on overdrive.

Haikyuu! 6:
I didn't really find Hinata's nervousness that amusing or interesting to watch. It felt too comical, and it dragged a lot of the episode down until the second set started. Once they got there, the episode picked up a lot, and we had some really good action going on, plus Kageyama getting a chance to prove how he had changed. I'd prefer less of this 'wacky comedic antics' in the future, because it's clearly not a strong point of the show.

mankoto

Amagi Brilliant Park 2
We're moving along pretty quickly here. That's fine as long as it doesn't go too fast and doesn't feel rushed.

I'd pay to go to that park just to see Sylphy.

Took some pics of my anime collection since I've finally managed to sort everything:
That's pretty awesome.

Amagi Brilliant Park 2:
That was okay, but it was definitely a step down from the first episode. On the plus side, the show hasn't really gotten dumb yet. On the minus side, it does feel pretty pedestrian in terms of the story, and none of the characters are really grabbing me right now. I'll keep watching for now, but I'm not particularly enthused by what I've seen so far.

Midonin

Touka Gettan 01-02

I knew about the backwards story going in, so from there it becoes a matter of how much I can understand. This is from the same company that made Yamibou, though I am interested in playing their Para-Sol game at some point. So we have a girl who's touched everyone's lives, vanishes at the finale, and then comes back for what would be a touching final kiss... only I lack the context. Then there was a food fight and a concert. From what I can tell, it's a school that's trapped in some sort of Shintoism-based world. This backwards anime experiment is forcing me to think differently. I think I mostly have a sense of the story, but not really. It's hard to give first impressions when jumping into something that's already ended.... or began?

It's a curio for sure. Ephemeral, interesting and as much a part of anime history as the big names of its day. That's why I seek it out.

Defuser

Amagi Brillant Park ep 2
Man those mascots VA imo aren't perfect fit. I would have casted Tomokazu Sugita, Takehito Koyasu and Kenichi Suzumura, the thought of these cute little mascots beneath are grumpy guys cursing,being pervy and swearing would be hilarious. Time to see how Kanie would turn this around in the beginning.

TwinTails 01

Fertygo wasn't wrong, this is ridiculous in all the right ways. It will be different for this not to get stale quickly, but hopefully they can keep it this amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom