• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

mankoto

Terra Formars 3
1_20141011005835336swoqxw.jpg

21_20141011005951ea4sg0rou.jpg

Welcome to the new future of censoring. Time to retire light beams and black outs.

Honestly pretty happy they found a way to get around the censorship they were originally doing... Kind of. Those bars still take up a ton of space. At least we're at the meat of the show now.

What is the cockroach guy even holding?

A black hole.

Either that or he's trying to do a cheap, dark version of a kamehameha.

Musical stuff which can be found on Youtube

Kurenai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfwSGHr8sA0
Yoyo Nene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihMennZQ64U
Space Dandy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoCjUFwN-4Y

These are some examples. There are more, but not everything has a clip on Youtube. It's definitely not something unknown in anime. It is rare for the same reason why musical performances outside of actual musicals are kinda rare - because it's not easy to put together.

Now that I've found some time to listen to some of those anime musical sequences Duckroll posted above, I'll post my thoughts on each of them.

Kurenai: Ehhhhh..... I'd probably think it's better with some context, but I wasn't really feeling that one too much.
Yoyo Nene: OH MY GOODNESS THAT WAS ADORABLE CAJUN HAVE YOU SEEN THAT?!?
Space Dandy: Watched this one dubbed. Oh man, that animation and music. I really should get around to watching this some time. That was such a fun little musical number.

Viva All~

Now, I gotta see if I find the Saint Seiya one he mentioned earlier...

Amagi brillant park - 02
Episode 3 will be the turning point . The show has started on a right momentum and i like it .
What will they do with that will be the life and death of the show.

That MC speech was golden ... loving it ..

duckroll

Psycho-Pass 2 - Episode 1

Pretty crappy production values, pretty crappy script, pretty stupid episode. Akane is still idealistic and has terrible ideas, except this time she's in charge, and everyone actually listens to her. The system sure has decayed. I can't say I really enjoyed anything about this episode. But then they had to do the post-credits cliffhanger which suggested there was a larger conspiracy right off the bat, and that someone is working directly against the system again. Now I have to keep watching. I'm such a sucker for crap like this. :(

---

Garo the Animation - Episode 2

An entire episode produced by DR Movie in Korea. That didn't take look. It looks like a huge step down from the first episode, both in general animation and in direction. Still, I have to say I like where this is going. It's conventional, it's kinda generic, but the bad guys are continuing to make their moves, while the good guys continue to travel to the eye of the storm while trying to gather more allies along the way. It's still pretty hilarious how ~dark & edgy~ the show tries to be, with all the murder, torture, sex, and whatnot. They don't really show much of it this episode rather than implying it, but I'm okay with that because it was ugly enough as it was. Lol. I'm glad Park Romi is a regular on the show now though!

Nordicus

Garo The Animation 2

The directing did take a dip and there were bits of clumsy exposition here and there, but I liked the 2 female characters this episode introduced. Now, how the fuck did Mendoza not guess there is Makai blood in the royal family, when there's a giant glorified tapestry of a Makai Knight in the main hall?!?! How do you miss that?

While I didn't like how it was brought up, I did like that Zoro wonders if the fault is in Makai that Mendoza hates them so much

Psycho-Pass 2 - Episode 1

Pretty crappy production values, pretty crappy script, pretty stupid episode. Akane is still idealistic and has terrible ideas, except this time she's in charge, and everyone actually listens to her. The system sure has decayed. I can't say I really enjoyed anything about this episode. But then they had to do the post-credits cliffhanger which suggested there was a larger conspiracy right off the bat, and that someone is working directly against the system again. Now I have to keep watching. I'm such a sucker for crap like this. :(!

If you're gonna keep watching, let me know if
main dude from season 1
shows up again because that'd be the only reason I even consider watching this.

cajunator

Banned
Shin Sekai Yori 2-5
This is pretty interesting. The psychokinetic powers are cool and the way the society restarted itself and is controlling the population is interesting. Also guessing sealing the powers is merely a psychological trick. I'm interested in seeing where this series goes after dropping so many surprises

You are watching one hell of a series there. There are so many layers to it. A lot of characters and plotlines at the same time but it all converges eventually and I think youll really be intrigued by it.

Kanie Seiya - Kanye West

Sento Isuzu - 50 Cent

Kyuubu Aisu - Ice Cube

Latifa - Queen Latifa

Kurisu Takaya - Chris Tucker

Pretty obvious what they're going for.

Ohhhhhh shit. MIND BLOWN.

Welcome to the new future of censoring. Time to retire light beams and black outs.

This is absolutely sickening. Not even Blood-C was that stupid.

Either that or he's trying to do a cheap, dark version of a kamehameha.

Now that I've found some time to listen to some of those anime musical sequences Duckroll posted above, I'll post my thoughts on each of them.

Kurenai: Ehhhhh..... I'd probably think it's better with some context, but I wasn't really feeling that one too much.
Yoyo Nene: OH MY GOODNESS THAT WAS ADORABLE CAJUN HAVE YOU SEEN THAT?!?
Space Dandy: Watched this one dubbed. Oh man, that animation and music. I really should get around to watching this some time. That was such a fun little musical number.

Viva All~

Now, I gotta see if I find the Saint Seiya one he mentioned earlier...

Actually no I havent. Id like to see that movie but Im not sure how to go about it.

mankoto

Selector Spread WIXOSS 2
Grandma chose the wrong time to try and bond with Ru.

Speaking of bonding, my God, this new pairing. After going through all that last season, it just feels so weird. Even if it's Ulith. I guess they couldn't find a way to continue Aki-luc-- ahem. Aki-Lovely's unfinished story.

zulux21

The Fruit of Grisaia ep 1
so most of the episode was cliche, boring and not remotely worth watching, but the last two minutes or so gives me hope that it will go somewhere sooner rather than later thus I will likely at least check out episode 2 just with a very short leash.

Taruranto

Garo The Animation 2

The directing did take a dip and there were bits of clumsy exposition here and there, but I liked the 2 female characters this episode introduced. Now, how the fuck did Mendoza not guess there is Makai blood in the royal family, when there's a giant glorified tapestry of a Makai Knight in the main hall?!?! How do you miss that?

Sounds like the "Knight of Light" is some sort of local legend/patron? It didn't seem like the Queen knew what the pendant meant.

Terraformars 03

Damn it Akari, stop pondering how intelligent the bugs are for destroying your means of attack and stop them before they crush everything.

Garo 2

Hmmm. It seems that the way the show wants to convey that it's dark and edgy is by torture, sex, and blood. I mean at the very least it's not like Akame Ga Kill where it does that and then goes back to regular harem hijinks. So I don't mind, considering that the blood and torture is also an aspect used by Berserk before, more effectively of course.

Out of the two new old-school fantasy action shows this season (Rage of Bahamut and this) I still liked Bahamut a bit more. Mainly because, at least in the first episode, it wasn't as trope-y or as generic. I mean in here we have the young newbie with a lot of potential, the funny/womanizer ally, a character in
the prince
who will most likely be a friendly adversary ally and eventually they join forces, and the, what appears, slightly older female who is going to be the romantic interest of the lead and might die near the end as a sacrifice to save him. Nothing screams original, and the armor transformation/designs are a bit too anime. But the show has been solid.

I didn't like the exposition-dump this episode, and I'm dreading the plot they just opened up with Leo
losing control of his reasoning and powers due to emotions
since that's pretty standard and has been done to death. Hopefully it doesn't happen too often.

Still, a 7.5/10 of an episode. Looking forward to more.

edit: Also forgot to mention this, but does anybody know if the team/person who designed the monsters and creatures has done any previous work in games/other shows? Because the designs of the demons so far I swear looks straight out of Shin Megami Tensei/Persona.

As much cooler as the Funimation box-set looks, it seems like it'd be a pain to find space for it if that's the size we can expect. So guess I'll stick with the Amazon one. Hyped for the quality.

Garo - 02

Good episode. Interesting new character, that Ema. I hope we'll see alot more of her, preferably joining as a main character. I can predict alot of comedic banter between her and Papa Zoro.
Monster design keeps on being weird. I noticed the chest icon on Ornstein and the prince amulet is kinda similar. Amulet confirmed for super mega extreme ultra transformation armor?

Veitsev

Think I'll just stick to the standard Bebop. Funimation's set is rad but its too unwieldy and I don't like how Amazon's looks. Also a good chance the discs on the Funimation LE are just in paper slits which means they will get easily scratched. Wouldn't be surprised to see people complaining about receiving scratched discs.

Nordicus

slightly older female who is going to be the romantic interest of the lead and might die near the end as a sacrifice to save him.
I do not see this happening at all. Older women who openly flirt with the bishonen lead are tropey as hell, but for never being the love interest. I can maybe imagine her having a relationship with Zoro because she's the type of woman that he'd never be able to charm with his usual stunts. She is likely going to be the mentor/contact character with the occasional shady but pragmatic methods and ideology that Leon or Alfonso will oppose to

Edit: ya know what, I reckon she'll play the mother role at the end for Leon regardless of her ultimate relationship with Zoro

Because the designs of the demons so far I swear looks straight out of Shin Megami Tensei/Persona.
I was actually thinking more like Shadow Hearts.

DiGiKerot

No idea about regions, but there's a streaming announcement for Girlfriend BETA in Crunchy's official Line account that none of the news sites seem to have noticed yet.

Midonin

No idea about regions, but there's a streaming announcement for Girlfriend BETA in Crunchy's official Line account that none of the news sites seem to have noticed yet.
YES. Of all the Sunday shows, this is the one I'm looking forward to the most. It's the future of anime, or at least the future of the next Winter season.

The Ideon: A Contact:
As a condensed version of the TV series, this functions okay, although I think it would be a bit of nonsense if you haven't seen the TV series already. There's a lot to try to condense into under 90 minutes, so with that in mind it does alright, and it's nice to get a refresher on certain events. A lot of character development is absent, although there's also a lot of fat which is trimmed. The downside is that many characters just wind up showing up without any real introduction, and there's not a great sense of progression because of that. They really needed two recap movies if they wanted to do this properly.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I do not see this happening at all. Older women who openly flirt with the bishonen lead are tropey as hell, but for never being the love interest. I can maybe imagine her having a relationship with Zoro because she's the type of woman that he'd never be able to charm with his usual stunts. She is likely going to be the mentor/contact character with the occasional shady but pragmatic methods and ideology that Leon or Alfonso will oppose to

Edit: ya know what, I reckon she'll play the mother role at the end for Leon regardless of her ultimate relationship with Zoro

I was actually thinking more like Shadow Hearts.

But Zoro is probably going to die and fairly early on if the Prince doesn't have armour. These mentor characters in dark fantasies tend to do that. I'm not certain there's enough time for I hate you/I love you.

Conan-san

Really the dood's head is the least of the problems with that second image, sheesh. Any other show I'd be sorta mad but I just can't muster anything in Terraformars' favour.

TUSR

Banned
Twintails 1

honestly have no idea what I just watched, it made me question what im doing with my life though.

there is like a 99% yuri chance between red and blue tails

no idea if ill watch this again, its pretty ridiculous.

But Zoro is probably going to die and fairly early on if the Prince doesn't have armour. These mentor characters in dark fantasies tend to do that. I'm not certain there's enough time for I hate you/I love you.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Prince somehow ends up being Zoro's 'illegitimate' son that he never realized he had. Or somehow when Zoro dies and with the necklace, the prince is able to receive the armor. Point is that I agree that Zoro as the womanizer and father figure is gonna die at some point after the prince maybe joins them. And with his comment of
"nobody has inherited my armor"
it just sealed the deal.

I don't know if she'll be a mentor because
Zoro already trained the lead he just needs experience and to calm down
. Mother figure is also unlikely because we see how deadset he is about figuring more stuff out about the mother. Maybe I jumped the gun with romantic interest. It's true it's unlikely due to the age difference, if she had been calling him a boy and they were closer in age I'd see it happening.

duckroll

Why are censoring laws so strict in Japan? Can't you air this kind of show at night to bypass censoring?

Who said anything about laws. Censorship is generally left to the discretion of individual stations. Some are willing to air pretty much anything, some aren't. But the main broadcaster also dictates the content level for everyone else, so if it's heavily censored because it's on Tokyo MX, then every other territory and stream gets the same TV master.

cajunator

Banned
Twintails 1

honestly have no idea what I just watched, it made me question what im doing with my life though.

there is like a 99% yuri chance between red and blue tails

no idea if ill watch this again, its pretty ridiculous.

You are watching anime of the season and probably the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom