• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last arc is great because it wraps around back to the beginning, defying all expectations after the last episodes and just going back to normal.

It's GENIUS

Gazoinks

I still am not sure whether Samumenco is brilliant or so stupid that it looped around and became brilliant anyway. Probably both.

So yes it should definitely be on The List.

If there's one specific thing I really enjoyed about Samurai Flamenco, it was how the main character was almost always tested with his ideals. He claims that he will never do anything evil, even if it is of the lowest caliber. I especially love the scene in episode 16
where you think he's about to steal bread when all of Japan is looking for him and he has no idea what to do, but he's still able to restrain himself.

There was just a really likable earnestness to him through and through.

Gazoinks

If there's one specific thing I really enjoyed about Samurai Flamenco, it was how the main character was almost always tested with his ideals. He claims that he will never do anything evil, even if it is of the lowest caliber. I especially love the scene in episode 16
where you think he's about to steal bread when all of Japan is looking for him and he has no idea what to do, but he's still able to restrain himself.

There was just a really likable earnestness to him through and through.

The earnestness is honestly what makes the show for me. As Corvo said above, even through the completely insane escalation, the characters stay surprisingly grounded and likable. It had way better character development than I expected.

One Week Friends 8:
Some sweet and humorous moments in this episode. I think all of the character interactions were pretty nice, although I am getting occasionally annoyed by Hase being particularly spineless in a kind of annoying way. Shogo remains a pro. I liked how this episode gave us some different pairings a little bit, with some Fujimiya/Shogo and Hase/Saki interactions. Saki is kind of perverted, huh. It's nice to see how Fujimiya has grown, and how her confidence and ability to interact with people has increased by a lot.

New CR anime

VBXOL09.gif

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Samumenco is perfection. It throw a curve ball so hard, somehow it become straight ball. It's like being in roller coaster of insanity. Yes, the animation is shitty (in tv broadcast) with so many QUALITY moment. But the sheer insanity is so damn consistent, and it actually achieve realistic ending even with all unrealistic ending. So yes, put it on the list or whatever. Everyone need to watch this! (i have no idea what i'm saying)

zulux21

Laughing Under the Clouds episode 2
so this was an alright episode... I feel though that the first two could have likely been condensed into one to make one good episode instead of just to okay episodes.

Akatsuki no Yona 1

Cousin buzzin

It was way too obvious. Enjoyed the bloody bit in the end though. Fights should be good in this series.

Also, not used to hearing Korean names on anime.

Laughing Under the Clouds Episode 2 Cutthroat, Sneering at the Clouds

US Sora-nii fans :(

Good mix of comedy and action.

Garo Episode 2

Dreaming of the day we ever see a smiling Leon. Though with Alfonso, I think they will eventually meet up anyway so he could help show him how to live a good life, theyd definitely have to team up at some point and theyre the same age. Give him an opportunity to development away from his way too outgoing father.

CorvoSol

Did the presses need to be stopped for that

No but then again G Gundam should stop the presses all the time.

Oh my gosh, I never realized it was supposed to be said wi-cross or whatever, haha. In my head I've been saying "wicksross".

VEECROSSU. Someone needs to go to jail for it.

So who is maintaining the List now anyways?

No idea. Hito used to, so I guess MadP is now?

Samurai Flamenco is too good to be on the list.

The List isn't about good or bad, dude. The List transcends good and evil.

Haikyuu! 7:
That serve looked so awesome. Definitely the best looking part of an episode that a lot of really nice moments. Nothing too surprising here; it was pretty obvious how everything was going to play out from the start, with maybe the only surprise being that it wasn't dragged out for one more point. Even still, it was all executed pretty well, and most of the characters are behaving in interesting ways, so it's still a pretty solid show to watch even if the outcome is fairly obvious.

faridmon

I don't post here (I do read some comments here and there though)

But I have to say this: Samurai Flamenco had the most satisfying ending I have ever seen in any medium. Its a fucking amazing series (once you let it take over you) but those last two episodes are just siblime.

DAT MARRIAGE PROPOSAL!!!!!!!!

Hey y'all, which Cowboy Bebop Blu-Ray version are any of you buying? I saw that actual images of the product are up now. I love the artbook that comes with the Amazon one, but man if the Funimation "record" style box doesn't look amazing!

Oh my gosh, I never realized it was supposed to be said wi-cross or whatever, haha. In my head I've been saying "wicksross".

I always pronounced it as "wick-sauce". The fact that it's pronounced wi-cross even though there is clearly no 'r' in the word is mind boggling.

Hey y'all, which Cowboy Bebop Blu-Ray version are any of you buying? I saw that actual images of the product are up now. I love the artbook that comes with the Amazon one, but man if the Funimation "record" style box doesn't look amazing!

Funimation has the better look box, but it has the chance of coming in paper sleeves which could scratch up the disc, and even if not the size of the case makes it a hassle to store in convenient places.

So I went with Amazon. Better exclusive stuff in the long run, and the clamshell box isn't too bad and can fit with other blu-rays.

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 40 (engDub)

40 weeks of Buddyfight and its going insanely strong. Davida raising the bar on the decks and powerful cars along with some great Shido action. I love the antagonists just as much as the protagonists. Davida's Darkness Dragon World is pretty compelling. The history behind this world is compelling to. With the implications of Baku's relative being involved with deck building for this world, it seems that he may be a force that is lurking in the current landscape of the series. I wonder how the series will go forward with still the element of Gao's brother out there, but now Baku's relative being a pioneer of this world and potentially aligned with those forces. Back back to the world at hand, Davida is a true master of it and is just living it up. Loved all his moments and that energy and excitement over it.

BzoKBJ4CMAA4xSE.png
BzoKZMQCUAETnrD.png

Funimation has the better look box, but it has the chance of coming in paper sleeves which could scratch up the disc, and even if not the size of the case makes it a hassle to store in convenient places.

So I went with Amazon. Better exclusive stuff in the long run, and the clamshell box isn't too bad and can fit with other blu-rays.
Oh that's true. Never thought about the paper sleeves. And you're right about storing. Looks sexy, but not sure where it would go.

Amazon it is!

Linkark07

Banned
Twintails 01

All hail Twintail master race. Gonna continue watching it.

Was expecting the MC to end his (or her) sentences with desu.

Psycho Pass Second Season 01

Akane has really changed, and for the best. It was quite enjoyable to see that she is a capable inspector, and despite everything, she continues following her ideals. Mika is a little annoying though.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 01

This kinds of gives me some Clannad vibes but now with music. I'm sure something bad will happen later.

Midonin

CR didn't formally announce it, but it looks like Girlfriend Beta will be airing at 1:35 PM EST on Sundays.

Also, don't get GBF and GFB confused.

Quasar

Moyashimon 10

Uh-huh.

Looks like Sawaki has lost his ability for some reason. Hm... It seems to deal with Kei in an ok fashion too, but will reserve judgment for now.

I loved this show. Dunno why I waited so long on it. Disappointing that it ended. Suppose I should try and track down the manga.

Terraformars 3

LOL at the spots of censorship everywhere, other then that things continue to go from bad to worse. Not sure how the group is going to survive for 40 days on Mars with limited medicine when only a few people in the group can transform without it.

Also I get the play on words in the name

Terraformars

Terra for Mars

Branduil

Terraformars 3

LOL at the spots of censorship everywhere, other then that things continue to go from bad to worse. Not sure how the group is going to survive for 40 days on Mars with limited medicine when only a few people in the group can transform without it.

Also I get the play on words in the name

Terraformars

Terra for Mars

Or terraform Mars

Terraformars 3

Ah, this fuckin censorship! As stupid as it looks, I'd be totally cool with the blackhole balls over half the screen being covered, but there's still plenty of the latter :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom