• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Am I the only person who gets annoyed by shortened romaji titles when the full title for the anime is actually in English.

There's just something about it that rubs the language nazi in me the wrong way.

It can confuse and annoy me but I just write it off as fan tradition at this point. #amaburi

Dresden

Am I the only person who gets annoyed by shortened romaji titles when the full title for the anime is actually in English.

There's just something about it that rubs the language nazi in me the wrong way.

Localization nazi, not language nazi. Language is flexible enough to accommodate the occasional intrusion of foreign acronyms, shorthands, and slang.

Branduil

Localization nazi, not language nazi. Language is flexible enough to accommodate the occasional intrusion of foreign acronyms, shorthands, and slang.

But when you're using a shorthand that takes a comprehensible English title and weebs it into romaji nonsense that's just too MAL for me.

Midonin

Pri Para 15

I had awarded PriPara my "secret best show of the summer" award, and it's still one of my most anticipated shows every week, but the fact that Twintails is on the air means that it's been temporarily brought down to second place.

The battle between Solami Smile and Dressing Pafe has reached the point to where it's spreading outside the city-state and into other places, like Paprika Academy. The law, unseated by its own rules, is placed into conflict with gambler's luck, a mere superstition that the data can't calculate. Mirei and Shion's rivalry is pretty entertaining to watch. Mirei and Shion's innate passion and their competing philosophies leads to one of the most fun rock-paper-scissors matches since No Game No Life.

The reused songs is something I'm used to, and the China dress with all the little pandas over it is cute. If this is what a Shion episode is like, I look forward to what Dorothy and Leona can do when they're not trying to break the rules of math. It's a charming series, and the characters really pop (step get you! Puri.)

Next week apparently brings in Mika Masuko from a completely different franchise. Looting from the bodies of the de- no, I'd rather not jinx it.

It might not have been what you thought it would have, but it was basically the ending the series was heading towards for awhile, and had to execute on.
Saki putting Squealer out of his misery was one of the most powerful moments I can remember from any television series in recent years.

I was referring more to
Mari's kid who became an "ogre" going down the way she did. The whole of Episode 24 was to build up to the end of the fight and it was over in about first 2-3 minutes of the opening of the last episode. The Squealer Trail and subsequent putting out of misery was a great moment but it was the only part of the episode I felt stuck out as well done.
Everything else was.... ehhhhh...

Dresden

"Oreimo" is shorthand for the Japanese title, though. What I'm talking about would be like calling it SisuKyuuto.

Ah, that's true. Don't think there's anything wrong with using a shorthand, though, and MAL's fetishistic regard for weebery shouldn't stigmatize casual usage.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I was so appalled by the censors when I first saw them. I almost wanted to just drop the show and wait for the BD's. Yet, the wait would be longer than the next volume of the manga coming out. I also figured out that the censors will get
possibly
less frequent because they only seem to censor gore and dismemberment for humans. But hey, they finally made it on mars and the next episode is where the action really begins. Too bad most people probably stopped watching due to censors ruining the show.

cajunator

Banned
amaburi - 2

The monsters inc setup is easier to swallow than the kissy magic of the first episode. Pretty engaging watch, and the mascots are a fun lot.

Earth > Fire > Water > Air

fire > earth > water = air

From the New World is really strengthening its grip on me. I've got my complaints with the series but I'm glad to have it be so compelling.

Told you it was fantastic! One of the best series in recent years.

rrvv

eQiXAhu.gif

if you want to buy the shirt

You know it's anime because casual incest.

Actually I've been looking at the large gifs on his site and this guy over here is like fighting against incest in anime in an awkward way. Some of the gifs are hilarious in the sense that they're so fucking serious when the show is so light-hearted lol. There's one (i can't link to might be too big) about discussion of them growing up and growing apart.

The fuck. This guy is invested in the show lol

Actually I've been looking at the large gifs on his site and this guy over here is like fighting against incest in anime in an awkward way. Some of the gifs are hilarious in the sense that they're so fucking serious when the show is so light-hearted lol. There's one (i can't link to might be too big) about discussion of them growing up and growing apart.

The fuck. This guy is invested in the show lol

Damn that's deep.

Legend of Korra -Book 4- 2

The reveal at the end of this episode was amazing. I really dig Korra's redesign. Her journey in the last
3 years is quite compelling actually seeing how she is trying to get over not only her physical ailments but her mental ones
too. It's cool to see all these call backs to the original show and cast. Seeing that picture of
Aang
was hilarious.

But yeah that last reveal was pretty sweet and is getting me excited for the rest of the season.

Link Man

Banned
Legend of Korra -Book 4- 2

The reveal at the end of this episode was amazing. I really dig Korra's redesign. Her journey in the last
3 years is quite compelling actually seeing how she is trying to get over not only her physical ailments but her mental ones
too. It's cool to see all these call backs to the original show and cast. Seeing that picture of
Aang
was hilarious.

But yeah that last reveal was pretty sweet and is getting me excited for the rest of the season.

So glad that
she's still the same old Toph we know and love

Branduil

Chaika: Avenging Battle 1

icCrvr4axPi9t.jpg

I just realized during this scene that they don't have any pajamas. They've been wearing the same clothes for months.

Pretty standard reintroduction episode. A few things which you probably already inferred were revealed; the number of Chaikas continues to grow. Competent show is competent.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I cant wait for the hit sequel Terraformars!!

No sequel, but there's a spin off/ prequel featuring everyone favorite character.
Adolf Reinhart

The title? Rain Hard (i am not even kidding)

amaburi - 2

The monsters inc setup is easier to swallow than the kissy magic of the first episode. Pretty engaging watch, and the mascots are a fun lot.

Earth > Fire > Water > Air

Good taste.

Hmm, on the bright side, you can save character when you type it on twitter.

Thoraxes

New CR anime

AHHHHHHHH YEAAHHH
Petition: Can we add Samurai Flamenco to The List yet?
I just want the blurays to come out. AoA has the home video release license. I'll give em whatever money they want.
Hey y'all, which Cowboy Bebop Blu-Ray version are any of you buying? I saw that actual images of the product are up now. I love the artbook that comes with the Amazon one, but man if the Funimation "record" style box doesn't look amazing!

Amazon. Got that lower price too. Prime shipping.

duckroll

Kenshin The Legend (Finally) Ends (After 130 Minutes)

Too long. Too draggy. Saito is still hot. Aoshi was worthless. Too long. Too draggy. Everyone vs Shishio was cool. Sojiro was pretty psycho. Too long. Too draggy. Naoki Sato needs to compose for Sword of the Stranger 2 instead.

I'd say Air is still the most OP if you understand Atomic theory.

Just take all the oxygen around a target out and watch them suffocate. Alternatively, give them the bends.

Or increase carbon dioxide in the Air.

But then again kids won't be able to understand such things and it doesn't look as cool.

Chaika: Avenging Battle 1

Pretty standard reintroduction episode. A few things which you probably already inferred were revealed; the number of Chaikas continues to grow. Competent show is competent.

The show will end with the world drown in Chaikas, and the fans will be happy for it.

The best kind of blobs ;P

It's strange at least.

I always pronounced it as "wick-sauce". The fact that it's pronounced wi-cross even though there is clearly no 'r' in the word is mind boggling.

Weak-sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom