• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Guys has been killed by Epic (Epic Account required for use on Steam version)

drotahorror

Fall Guys will now require an Epic Games Account if you continue playing on Steam

VUo32VT.jpg

According to a user on reddit, you can request a refund through Steam and get it pretty much no matter how much time played.

KbGbmzS.jpg

You may have to escalate your ticket if denied through the automated process.

Was a neat idea and I was interested in this game but definitely not now.

Good riddance to another developer.

EPIC SHILLS MAD CUZ I DON'T LIKE EPIC.

BOOFUCKINHOO

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You don't even have to use the fucking store lmao it's just an account gd.
Completely missing the point. If I don't want an EGS for whatever reason, it's my right. And when I bought Fall Guys it didn't needed one. Now they force you to make one even if you don't play on Epic.
If you don't see the problem it's fine but don't come at other who are not happy with this.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Well I mean if you want cross progression then you need a unifying account to manage everything. In this case it would be an Epic account. However, I'd rather they make it optional but it sounds like they overhauled their backend system to where you can't.

drotahorror

That hyperbole

That driveby

No hyperbole here, Fall Guys will be dead on PC. Not competitive enough to have a big scene like Rocket League nor is it free to play like RL either.

Fuck I don't even care, hope they lose tons of money.

Last edited:

Codes 208

That driveby

No hyperbole here, Fall Guys will be dead on PC. Not competitive enough to have a big scene like Rocket League nor is it free to play like RL either.

Because an epic owned game now requires an epic account?

nah, thats hyperbole. Now if a non-associated third party game like BL3 required an epic account, I would be behind your frustration.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
That driveby

All over having to link to an Epic Account? Something anyone who has ever tried Fortnite has?

lol

It doesn't even require the launcher.

DaGwaphics

I for one.. am outraged!!

I also do not know of this game at all.. 😂

If you haven't played it before it's actually goofy and fun for a while. The spark wears away relatively quick, IMO. Definitely something to pickup on sale or like most did as part of PS+.

jakinov

Portal 2 required a Steam account on PS3
You require an EA account to play EA games online on consoles
Microsoft requires Microsoft account for all their games on Steam
Ubisoft requries UPlay

Big whoop.

There are benefits to this for cross playing as Epic can let you login to whatever platform and they will track your progress.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Completely missing the point. If I don't want an EGS for whatever reason, it's my right. And when I bought Fall Guys it didn't needed one. Now they force you to make one even if you don't play on Epic.
If you don't see the problem it's fine but don't come at other who are not happy with this.
I think it pays to be mad early, because otherwise things just get worse. PC players are a little better a this than console players.

God gamers are such drama queens.

I'm sure you were super interested in the game considering it's been out a year, and not just making a dramatic thread lol

You're right, everyone should be perfectly content with this.

It's perfectly acceptable that people who bought a game on Steam over a year ago all of a sudden have to provide their financial data and personal info to Epic to make a useless account to continue playing the game they already own and have been able to access since launch.

Portal 2 required a Steam account on PS3
You require an EA account to play EA games online on consoles
Microsoft requires Microsoft account for all their games on Steam
Ubisoft requries UPlay

Big whoop.

There are benefits to this for cross playing as Epic can let you login to whatever platform and they will track your progress.

Yes Xbox Game Studios titles require a Microsoft account to play on Steam. The difference is they have since day one and it has been expressly stated on every XGS game page since they were created. Microsoft didn't release Sea of Thieves on Steam requiring no account then over a year later telling everyone to go fill in their personal info or they don't get to keep playing.

Kssio_Aug

I can respect if you don't like the Epic store... but what's the big deal of creating an Epic account to play a game owned by them??

I have literally hundreds of accounts of so many different things, that making an Epic account is completely irrelevant. It doesn't mean I'm going to spend money on their store or whatever.

That's too much drama! If that's the "problem", I'm sure the game will be fine... just like Fortnite, Rocket League, and many other games out there that requires you to create an account on whatever service it may be.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Only account? Not store and not kernel-level anti-cheat? If so, I see no problem, I'm against EGS due to many shady things like data collection and high CPU usage (also Epic itself being literally anti-consumer), but I'm ok with their games as long as they're on consoles so I still keep my account for that

Codes 208

It's perfectly acceptable that people who bought a game on Steam over a year ago all of a sudden have to provide their financial data and personal info to Epic to make a useless account to continue playing the game they already own and have been able to access since launch.

Yes Xbox Game Studios titles require a Microsoft account to play on Steam. The difference is they have since day one and it has been expressly stated on every XGS game page since they were created. Microsoft didn't release Sea of Thieves on Steam requiring no account then over a year later telling everyone to go fill in their personal info or they don't get to keep playing.
Wrong, minecraft did not require an xbox account until the bedrock update, prior to that it was available on just about every platform as console editions and you couldnt recieve the new updates unless you opted for the bedrock version

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
That is what you do to play a game, give your email address sure it’s one more thing to do.

Holammer

I hate the gaming community they act like complete bitches because OMG, OMG I HAD TO SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT!!!! OMG I'M GOING TO DIE DADDY PLEASE HELP ME!!! That's how people be acting and it's pathetic
The one bitching here is you.
You are the product of Facebook and social media eroding our sense of integrity. Turning everyone into witless consumers, surrendering identity and credit card without a thought.
Just eat that slop and shut up, you fat paypig. It's free!

Shane89

The Reddit user is a retard.

Request a refund of a game when he indeed likes and still likes playing game is pathetic. If i would be Epic i would have answered hm to GFH. Jesus

Skifi28

It's been really annoying on PC and it's only getting worse. Want to start a game from steam? It automatically launches uplay/rockstar/origin.Oh wait, there's an update too, please wait. Done, now gotta login again!

I buy games on console just to avoid this clusterfuck. You just push play and it plays, what a marvelous idea.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Financial data? Where are you getting that?

An Epic account.. doesn't require financial data. You can use a fake name if you really feel like it.

But the thread title for this "news" is declaring the game dead.. so yeah, drama queen.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
It's been really annoying on PC and it's only getting worse. Want to start a game from steam? It automatically launches uplay/rockstar/origin.Oh wait, there's an update too, please wait. Done, now gotta login again!

I buy games on console just to avoid this clusterfuck. You just push play and it plays, what a marvelous idea.
its the same on consles. at least on playstation

Top Bottom