• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Guys has been killed by Epic (Epic Account required for use on Steam version)

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It's been really annoying on PC and it's only getting worse. Want to start a game from steam? It automatically launches uplay/rockstar/origin.Oh wait, there's an update too, please wait. Done, now gotta login again!

I buy games on console just to avoid this clusterfuck. You just push play and it plays, what a marvelous idea.
This isn't requiring a new launcher.. and.. no, you can't just play on console either as they are also requiring an Epic account.

Having extra logins is annoying though either way... but again, that's a thing on console too.

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
The one bitching here is you.
You are the product of Facebook and social media eroding our sense of integrity. Turning everyone into witless consumers, surrendering identity and credit card without a thought.
Just eat that slop and shut up, you fat paypig. It's free!
At least I'm not a bitch who bitches and moans buddy, plus everything you do is tracked. Don't like it. Leave the internet

SLB1904

Banned
Good to know to avoid, fuck all these extra steps.
im not talking about this game because i dont own on playstation. but other games like EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft etc. its a normal practice on PlayStation since ps3

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

The one bitching here is you.
You are the product of Facebook and social media eroding our sense of integrity. Turning everyone into witless consumers, surrendering identity and credit card without a thought.
Just eat that slop and shut up, you fat paypig. It's free!
None of this involves credit card info.. i use a gmail that doesn't identify me in any way for all of my random gaming accounts.

You are "Tracked" every time you buy something at a physical store BTW. That data is shared with the.. evil companies, trying to advertise to you lol That's all literally anyone cares about.. selling you stuff. It's real SCARY AND SPOOKY

Last edited:

Banned
who the fuck cares? and who on earth doesn't have an epic games account? especially on PC where they gave away hundreds of games for free

Last edited:

jakinov

Yes Xbox Game Studios titles require a Microsoft account to play on Steam. The difference is they have since day one and it has been expressly stated on every XGS game page since they were created. Microsoft didn't release Sea of Thieves on Steam requiring no account then over a year later telling everyone to go fill in their personal info or they don't get to keep playing.
Big whoop. You have to give them your name and email which can all be faked so that they can build features and make things easier on themselves. The vast majority of people won’t give a shit and they aren’t going to care that a small minority thinks this is the most evil thing in the world.

And really if you are at a point where you don’t trust Epic enough with such basic details I don’t see why you trust installing their software оn your computer.

Kssio_Aug

None of this involves credit card info.. i use a gmail that doesn't identify me in any way for all of my random gaming accounts.

You are "Tracked" every time you buy something at a physical store BTW. That data is shared with the.. evil companies, trying to advertise to you lol That's all literally anyone cares about.. selling you stuff. It's real SCARY AND SPOOKY
Yeah. I have never put my credit card info there, and I have already acquired some free games from their store, so they don't really ask for it, except if you're gonna buy something. I think people just want to justify why making an Epic Games account is so much worse than creating an account on any other service or website.

IntentionalPun

Are people who complain about "personal info" just... unaware that nothing really.. requires it?

lol

dkIZ7h5.png

It's been really annoying on PC and it's only getting worse. Want to start a game from steam? It automatically launches uplay/rockstar/origin.Oh wait, there's an update too, please wait. Done, now gotta login again!

I buy games on console just to avoid this clusterfuck. You just push play and it plays, what a marvelous idea.
Happens on console too somewhat.

When doom eternal asked me to sign for bethesda account for ps4, I sold it and said, well looks like i'm getting a cracked version for PC later lol.

I don't buy anything on PC unless it's drm free

RoboFu

One of the green rats
lots of reasons but my number 1 is that they PAID to keep thrid party games OFF other pc digital stores. not first party, not a dev or publisher just decding to go with one store.. actively PAID them. so F#@k 'em 🤷‍♂️

Codes 208

lots of reasons but my number 1 is that they PAID to keep thrid party games OFF other pc digital stores. not first party, not a dev or publisher just decding to go with one store.. actively PAID them. so F#@k 'em 🤷‍♂️
So literally the same thing MS and Sony do.

SLB1904

Banned
why people care. it's just a launcher. am i the only one who finds this weird? people have pc, and thats the platform. not steam, epic, uplay whatever

So literally the same thing MS and Sony do.

hows that the same?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Paying third parties and indies to publish their games on their platform exclusively both permanently and timed? How is it not?
It's actually worse since anyone with a PC can install EGS.

It's annoying, and I don't like EGS... but.. it does not remove games from an actual hardware platform like the console manufacturers do on the regular.

DaGwaphics

It is what it is. I generally don't even use an anonymous email for accounts where I'm going to have to provide my real information to purchase something anyway. It's a game store, what are you going to do on there that is going to be that incriminating? Buy 10 copies of Hotel Mario? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
ah yeah ? Didnt know... I just played this last year... Maybe is for full cross play ?

Thats exactly what its for.
Crossplay and Perpetual Progression.

Your Epic account keeps all the details of your save data.

GHG

Gold Member
I hate the gaming community they act like complete bitches because OMG, OMG I HAD TO SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT!!!! OMG I'M GOING TO DIE DADDY PLEASE HELP ME!!! That's how people be acting and it's pathetic

That's literally how you post though.

IntentionalPun

It is what it is. I generally don't even use an anonymous email for accounts where I'm going to have to provide my real information to purchase something anyway. It's a game store, what are you going to do on there that is going to be that incriminating? Buy 10 copies of Hotel Mario? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Yeah for legit launchers and stuff; but my random accounts use an old hotmail of mine linked to an online username I dont use so much anymore. It's really just to avoid spam, not some protection of my "IDENTITY!!!"

Going around town buying a few things on a credit card reveals way more info than buying something from a digital store lol

- Where you actually went around town, the CC company can basically track you all over the world
- What you bought, at a physical store.. could be medicines revealing health conditions, whether your junk works, etc.
- And of course they want to and generally know your financial background; want good credit? You tell them your employer, and your income.. they constantly harp you for that info, and updates to it
- And that all requires real info, and you even give them your social
- And all of this behind the scenes is shared with the advertising companies of the world.. you think your phone is listening to you, and that's why you got advertised something? No, it's likely because someone you know bought that thing, which is why you were talking about it in the first place and why you think your phone was listening... because they told you about it.. and you are linked to that person in those databases via friends lists, or the CC companies figuring out you split bills at restaurants, etc.,etc.,etc.

On something like EGS you can have it never store payment info, and if you use something like PayPal, all they ever get is the email associated with your PayPal.. no real name or anything actually has to be given up.

If you REALLY care about that stuff.

My feeling is.. people don't really care.. or at least, aren't smart enough to do anything useful about it. Since they go around spending money on CCs anyways.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Thats exactly what its for.
Crossplay and Perpetual Progression.

Your Epic account keeps all the details of your save data.
Bingo, same reason why minecraft needed an xbox account even on playstation and switch to be able to use the bedrock update because its all being saved through their platform

*will download an illegal copy to avoid a sign-up sheet*

dude thats petty af
Nope, you're just down for whatever they want you to do and don't care about ownership. Edit : You do realize you can't unlock things in eternal single player without signing up right?

I bought the game, it's mine and no 38 page user agreement on fucking crash bandicoot racing will change that, pubs.

Ever since doom i've researched what the game will ask of me after purchase

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Paying third parties and indies to publish their games on their platform exclusively both permanently and timed? How is it not?

dont be dense.

PC is a open platform. its like if sony somehow got a digital store on xbox with their own log in accounts and it didn't use any of xbox live features THEN paid third parties to be exclusive to that store.

DaGwaphics

Yeah for legit launchers and stuff; but my random accounts use an old hotmail of mine linked to an online username I dont use so much anymore. It's really just to avoid spam, not some protection of my "IDENTITY!!!"

Going around town buying a few things on a credit card reveals way more info than buying something from a digital store lol

- Where you actually went around town, the CC company can basically track you all over the world
- What you bought, at a physical store.. could be medicines revealing health conditions, whether your junk works, etc.
- And of course they want to and generally know your financial background; want good credit? You tell them your employer, and your income.. they constantly harp you for that info, and updates to it
- And that all requires real info, and you even give them your social
- And all of this behind the scenes is shared with the advertising companies of the world.. you think your phone is listening to you, and that's why you got advertised something? No, it's likely because someone you know bought that thing, which is why you were talking about it in the first place and why you think your phone was listening... because they told you about it.. and you are linked to that person in those databases via friends lists, or the CC companies figuring out you split bills at restaurants, etc.,etc.,etc.

On something like EGS you can have it never store payment info, and if you use something like PayPal, all they ever get is the email associated with your PayPal.. no real name or anything actually has to be given up.

If you REALLY care about that stuff.

My feeling is.. people don't really care.. or at least, aren't smart enough to do anything useful about it. Since they go around spending money on CCs anyways.

True.

An itemized CC bill could really be incriminating if you've got too many kinks.

Which with your example earlier, maybe you better keep some visa gift cards on hand. JK

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

dont be dense.

PC is a open platform. its like if sony somehow got a digital store on xbox with their own log in accounts and it didn't use any of xbox live features THEN paid third parties to be exclusive to that store.
But the platform is still open. You still can download games from Steam, GoG or whatever... they paid so the games would be exclusive to their storefront, that's just it. And in order to that, they also need the approval of the publisher, so they're not the only one to blame. I won't say I support this kind of practice (I don't), but right now they're the only ones capable of somewhat rival Steam, so it seems that playing aggressive was an strategy that worked for them.

Top Bottom