• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsmith

If anyone here is actually playing it, may I ask just to put it to rest finally for me, When you first put a point into Lady Killer/ Man hunter does it allow you to choose one? or is it locked to gender as it would appear?

With the change from Black Widow to the more gender neutral Man Hunter, I was hoping..

You can pick whichever, regardless of gender. It's been confirmed.

DasFool

Wait just a motherfucking minute.

There is no indication of the weight of items whenever you're looting something. The game doesn't even bother to pop up your total weight when the loot window is open. This means that whenever you are over encumbrance, you need to stop, open your inventory, look through your items (God hopes Bethesda put in inventory sorting of some kind), and drop whatever random shit you happened to pick up.

What's the point of this in a game where you loot 95% of everything around you? If Witcher 3's inventory was bad, this will be a disaster.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water

There is no indication of the weight of items whenever you're looting something. The game doesn't even bother to pop up your total weight when the loot window is open. This means that whenever you are over encumbrance, you need to stop, open your inventory, look through your items (God hopes Bethesda put in inventory sorting of some kind), and drop whatever random shit you happened to pick up.

What's the point of this in a game where you loot 95% of everything around you? If Witcher 3's inventory was bad, this will be a disaster.

Yeah that seems odd.

Hmmm did the Muties take some mentats or something? They seem smarter then they were in FO3. Are these the west coast ones, or east coast cause they seem grey again.

The X button brings up the transfer menu which has all the full details.

aravuus

So what difficulty is everyone planning to play on?

I want to do survival, but I assume the difficulty is just very artificial in that they just make enemies tougher. Hopefully it's not insanely catered to doing just that.

Any chance ammo becomes rarer, and they have other neat changes?

I know legendary enemies and weapons spawn, but any news on any other changes?

Hard or very hard. I expect the enemies just end up being annoying bullet sponges and dealing a stupid amount of damage on survival, maybe very hard, which isn't particularly fun.

rjinaz

Hard or very hard. I expect the enemies just end up being annoying bullet sponges and dealing a stupid amount of damage on survival, maybe very hard, which isn't particularly fun.

I read somewhere that if your difficulty is high enough you are more likely to stumble across legendary enemies though not sure how reliable that is.

UberLevi

Did they do anything drastically different gameplay wise?

Well VATS is slow motion instead of complete stop. Looting is real-time. Stimpaks heal over time instead of instantly. Gunplay is determined less by background numbers. And I believe you can melee with guns.

aravuus

I read somewhere that if your difficulty is high enough you are more likely to stumble across legendary enemies though not sure how reliable that is.

Yeah, which is one of the main reasons I'm starting on a high difficulty and one of the main reasons I'll be so bummed out if raising the difficulty DOES just bump up their stats to stupid levels

Yeah, which is one of the main reasons I'm starting on a high difficulty and one of the main reasons I'll be so bummed out if raising the difficulty DOES just bump up their stats to stupid levels

Bethesda's track record with difficulty levels isn't great. The highest difficulties in their past three games were all sponge hell.

UberLevi

Anyone know how an i5 4460 and a 960 will hold up with this game? I don't really care about framerate, but I'm hoping I can run it on High without dipping below 30fps.

Venture

So this was just released...

naAJYYK.jpg

Anyone know what the body models look like this time around? Are they finally realistic looking, or are we still in the land of obvious neck/wrist/ankle seams, rubbery skin and fused toes?

Would be nice to have normal looking people without the aid of mods for once.

Wallach

Thank you both, I really prefer to play solo so I'm glad to know this. When I met Dogmeat in Fallout 3, I killed him and ate his, um, dog meat on the spot. :lol

I work alone.

I'm generally the same way. Companions have always frustrated me more than anything in Fallout, all the way back to the first game (well, maybe especially in the first game). Dogmeat is pretty cool, but I hate the idea of taking a dog into combat. Except the pariah, fuck him. He got Bozar'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom