• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is the source.

Fair enough, I didn't read the post about your friend when I posted. It will still be better if we could get solid proof that this really is the PC version on Ultra. Because if it is then..well it doesn't look that much better tbh from the console version.

Commence the 100 page thread

StereoVsn

New Vegas shooting wasn't too bad with some mods, stealth and a good sniper rifle. However, that worked only outside buildings as inside it was too close and without VATS movement/shooting felt too janky in close combat. Outside though, it was pretty damn great to headshot things quite a ways out from Stealth.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
PC shots, Ultra settings

i7, 970

2015-11-02_00002.jpg

2015-11-02_00003.jpg

2015-11-02_00004.jpg

2015-11-02_00005.jpg

2015-11-02_00006.jpg

Was hoping the texture quality would be better on PC. Though maybe they'll upload a HD texture pack later like they did for Skyrim?

I'd use VATS more often but I've actually played an FPS in the last ten years, so I don't need god mode assists that take every single bit of challenge out of a game

Was hoping the texture quality would be better on PC. Though maybe they'll upload a HD texture pack later like they did for Skyrim?

The texture quality is better :/ I don't know what you were expecting... but I think we'll end up with an HD texture pack like Skyrim regardless, soon enough. After all, we're about at the same level of "wow PC's are capable of doing some fucking work compared to consoles" that we were at in 2011.

I mean, throw Witcher 3 up to ultra settings, and get as close to its environmental assets using a camera mod as these first person pics get. Tell me how they hold up :p

BeerSnob

Damn, I really hope those shots aren't really the PC version maxed. Aside from the lighting, they look god-awful in just about every way. This game isn't even a 75% off buy for me at this point.

Give it a year, the community will make this look half way decent. Hopefully even fix the dialog system.

Machina

Banned
Damn, I really hope those shots aren't really the PC version maxed. Aside from the lighting, they look god-awful in just about every way. This game isn't even a 75% off buy for me at this point.

I guess some people won't be satiated with graphics until their Titans are literally melting.

Have you ever even played a Fallout game? Probably not, because then visuals definately wouldn't be your sole metric for whether the game is worth a purchase.

The shit I'm hearing in this thread has me straight up chuckling. Maybe one day people will get over this arbitrary checklist that pops up in their heads when they hear the phrase 'AAA game', and learn to judge games on their individual merits.

They don't really look 'straight up awful in every way'. Ambient occlusion's about the only thing missing from those pics far as I can tell and that will likely be force-able on PC.

wildbite

Does anyone know if rain will still fall through buildings outside? In Skyrim every interior had to be loaded. There was a mod that prevented rain under almost every roof. Now that Fallout 4 will have weather and a lot of houses that don't require loading, I'm hoping Bethesda was able to stop rain from coming through.

I have an Intel i5 and Intel HD 5500, can run MGS V, Arkham City, and Wolfenstein on Medium. Crysis, Tomb Raider, and Bioshock Infinite on High.

Hopefully I should be able to handle Fallout 4. Medium graphics is fine, High would be a nice surprise

Soltype

I've seen worse, but it is really rough.Can't believe this is only 30 fps on consoles though, it looks like something that should run at 60.

Hopefully even fix the dialog system.

What's wrong with it?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The texture quality is better :/ I don't know what you were expecting... but I think we'll end up with an HD texture pack like Skyrim regardless, soon enough. After all, we're about at the same level of "wow PC's are capable of doing some fucking work compared to consoles" that we were at in 2011.

I mean, throw Witcher 3 up to ultra settings, and get as close to its environmental assets using a camera mod as these first person pics get. Tell me how they hold up :p

I wasn't referring to the close up textures specifically, but overall texture quality. Look at the brick wall for example, or the dog, which you're absolutely supposed to see close up :p. The wooden plank houses look kinda iffy too.
I wonder if Gamebryo is starting to show its limits

Fair enough, I didn't read the post about your friend when I posted. It will still be better if we could get solid proof that this really is the PC version on Ultra. Because if it is then..well it doesn't look that much better tbh from the console version.

Commence the 100 page thread

Yeah, honestly those PC shots are just barely better than the PS4 ones, which is okay I guess. The most noticeable thing is the shadow distance. It's already a proof that those are indeed PC shots.

Yeah, I'm wondering if I can get it running ok. I dunno. My 650ti hasn't been TOO horrible. I guess I'll just wait and see how well it runs on older pc's and just sell my PS4 copy if anything.

Well yeah, 650Ti is kinda too old I guess.

-----------------------------------------------

Still waiting for new shots from RoboPlato.

tuxfool

Banned
2015-11-02_00006.jpg

Am I being a snob by thinking flat textures for windows is "not good" in 2015?

I mean, they bothered to make proper window frames for the broken windows, why not the others?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
2015-11-02_00006.jpg

Am I being a snob by thinking flat textures for windows is "not good" in 2015?

I mean, they bothered to make proper window frames for the broken windows, why not the others?

No, the windows in particular look atrocious. They don't even have any shader effects on them to at least give them the appearance of glass. They look painted on, in the literal sense of the word.

Edit: I noticed there are some windows that are smashed with boards inside that show actual depth so maybe the glassed windows look better in motion.

Wallach

Have some more

Could you ask your friend if FXAA is a tick box setting in the launcher options? It really looks like the same MSAA + FXAA configuration as Skyrim (even on console this time around) judging by your PC shots but I'm curious to know for certain.

DTKT

Anyone has a link to the "dog on fire" gif?

Also, I'm not sure if everyone is trolling with those screenshots. They don't look particularly good and some of those textures are just very bad.

RedAssedApe

Banned
hmmm not sure i'm seeing the same shots as others. ultra still looks pretty average.

my expectations were already tempered after the reveal though. what we saw there is what we are getting here. no downgrade or upgrade

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So what's the verdict? Pretty safe to say this was a cross-gen title at one point?

hmmm not sure i'm seeing the same shots as others. ultra still looks pretty average.

my expectations were already tempered after the reveal though. what we saw there is what we are getting here. no downgrade or upgrade

At least there's that, they've never really been the kind of devs who release crazy bullshots.

BeerSnob

I've seen worse, but it is really rough.Can't believe this is only 30 fps on consoles though, it looks like something that should run at 60.

What's wrong with it?

Preliminary leaks indicate they used the Dragon Age/Mass Effect model of speech in which you get a select few options that have little common with what the avatar actually says. From what I've read it makes your avatar seem like a crazy person.

hemtae

And where exactly did I say that? It's on you if you still foolishly expect those things from Bethesda - Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim should've taught you otherwise by now. If you want a proper post-apocalyptic RPG, look into Underrail, it's finally getting released soon.

Not soon enough. :(

Man Fallout is about so much more than graphics to me. I enjoy playing games like Witcher and Uncharted just to see what can be accomplished, and how far the industry has come. But if a game is worth its salt then I should be having enough fun while playing to not notice every little shadow or texture.

The game I've waited 7 years for, that seems to be a dream come true of everything I could have ever wanted as a sequel to my favorite game of all time. Subpar graphics are not going to phase me even a little bit.

Bad animations? I really don't care. If I wanted to really sound bias I'd say they give Fallout its charm. :)

Strange dialogue options? Not exactly keeping me awake at night with worry.

This game lets you do so many things that you just can't find anywhere else, it's a gaming experience like no other, and I really can't wait to play it.

I'm not saying everyone has to think like me, but I just can't help but laugh at these threads. You're all missing the point of a Bethesda game, because it sure as hell isn't good graphics and smooth animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom