• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

Ape

Banned
Bottom of our website.

Capture.jpg

Does this mean the game could be rated E?

M°°nblade;166569932 said:
It's not ridiculous to think humanity wouldn't crawl out and restart civilisation, but this is in contrast with the established fallout univers where humankind only went downhill, reintroduced slavery and still uses 200 year old bottlecaps as money.

I'd say color is not at all in contrast with what the Fallout universe is. as always, there's plenty of context to Fallout's post apocalypse beyond dank skies. Stereotypical 'dust' covering the skies, isn't a necessity for post nuclear fiction, in fact, its kinda lowest common denominator, the 'easy way' of depicting one. and in the established Fallout universe, humanity continues crawling ever closer to reestablishing civilizations and societies. I don't know why some portray the Fallout universe as this ultra nihilistic setting, the games are cynical as hell but they're not The Road

daveo42

Banned

Just caught this on my twitter feed. Pretty sweet, though I'm sure they are glad a bunch of people are hyped for their game in general.

Bottom of our website.

Capture.jpg

I'm sure these questions will keep coming until sometime after the game actually launches. Hopefully (fingers crossed) it'll be people making a poor attempt at humor and not in any way serious.

I assume you've only played Fallout 3.

Fallout isn't about life in the post-apocalypse. It's about how humanity has risen again in the post-post-apocalypse. It isn't Metro.

That is what Bethesda failed to realize in Fallout 3. The franchise is supposed to be lively, zany, full of life.

Humanity hasn't only gone downhill. The NCR has pretty great standards of living with no slavery and real printed money. I imagine the Commonwealth with the Institute's technology is similarly well off.

I agree. Bethesda is, if anything, being far too faithful to the OG than they ought to be. It doesn't make sense (within the Fallout world) to have the entire NE a desert wasteland 200+ years after the nuclear armageddon. I thought they realised this when they released Point Lookout, but I guess not.

Also, $70CAD is an absolutely ridiculous PC price.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Bethesda, people here can't read between the lines.

So, just for their sake say:
"It is NOT coming to PS3 or Xbox 360"

(or WiiU, Wii, 3DS, Vita, PSP, Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Gamecube, Intellivision, etc....)

They can't, I don't think.

I'm pretty sure the game is or will be cross-gen (though as I've said before, after seeing what's presumably in-game footage I can't say I really care), and the indirect messaging seems to support that notion.

Shari

Bottom of our website.

Capture.jpg

I dont know what's the point to keep on posting images or going sarcastic comments like "Are those platforms PS4, One or PC?".

We don't want to know on what platforms Fallout 4 is releasing because we already know that. We want clear and direct confirmation that is not coming on the last-gen hardware and that's all.

You dont want to give said confirmation? There's absolutelly no problem, but quit going around it. Confirmation on what engine is running this would be awesome.

Also, thanks for being straight with your trailer. Can't wait. And sorry about my grammar.

Lakitu

st5fu
Great, no cross-gen!

Put's that rumour to bed, finally. Even though we pretty much knew it.

Going to watch the trailer again :)

They can't, I don't think.

I'm pretty sure the game is or will be cross-gen (though as I've said before, after seeing what's presumably in-game footage I can't say I really care), and the indirect messaging seems to support that notion.

sadly this rings the truest

I dont know what's the point to keep on posting images or going sarcastic comments like "Are those platforms PS4, One or PC?".

We don't want to know on what platforms Fallout 4 is releasing because we already know that. We want clear and direct confirmation that is not coming on the last-gen hardware and that's all.

You dont want to give said confirmation? There's absolutelly no problem, but quit going around it. Confirmation on what engine is running this would be awesome.

Also, thanks for being straight with your trailer. Can't wait. And sorry about my grammar.
Seriously, this is ridiculous. Might as well just ignore things then. The way they're answering now is just going to make it seem even worse when it's revealed as Crossgen.

Unless it was just planned as Crossgen for a while before stopping, but then why not just say that, or just say "it will never come to PS360".

"People are asking us totally valid questions about information we're not ready to reveal. Let's just be dicks about it instead!"

I assume you've only played Fallout 3.

Fallout isn't about life in the post-apocalypse. It's about how humanity has risen again in the post-post-apocalypse. It isn't Metro.

That is what Bethesda failed to realize in Fallout 3. The franchise is supposed to be lively, zany, full of life.

Humanity hasn't only gone downhill. The NCR has pretty great standards of living with no slavery and real printed money. I imagine the Commonwealth with the Institute's technology is similarly well off.
Nope, played Fallout 1&2 as well in the 90's. NCR had great 'moral' standards of living but technology wise it didn't. Fallout 3 did lack a biggers towns than megaton, it may have given the expression that 36 years later, things didn't exactly improve and human population further diminished.

RootCause

9 more days till their e3 event. Hope they unveil a limited edition while they're at it. TB51 Power Armor Helmet or a 12" Paladin statue. My money is yours B. :3

PC in desperate need of a new logo.

Yup totally on board with that idea. The problem is how to actually get one.

As for cross gen, I honestly couldn't give a shit if it is coming to the damn Ouya. What is important to me is it is coming to the platform I game on which is the PC. Really looking forward to seeing more of fallout 4.

The only downer I have about the game right now is that it might have a locked Male protagonist. I really hope Fallout 4 lets us customise our character it is one of the key things I love about fallout.

diaspora

As for cross gen, I honestly couldn't give a shit if it is coming to the damn Ouya. What is important to me is it is coming to the platform I game on which is the PC. Really looking forward to seeing more of fallout 4.

The only downer I have about the game right now is that it might have a locked Male protagonist. I really hope Fallout 4 lets us customise our character it is one of the key things I love about fallout.

Found it.

YOU MADE IT BUDDY!!

Annoyed I didn't get my ticket aboard now!

same, I am the sadface.

Though since they're obvious reading this thread, I wonder if we should start making a wishlist/suggestion thread or keep this one going, or does the speculation thread serve that purpose? My brain can't contain all this information, I'm about to explode here.

Urk, dual wield melee weapons! *cough* sorry, that slipped.

I'm not trying to attack you for having an opinion but wouldn't you agree that if a game was made to run on old hardware that the potential of the game is then limited by the low end hardware?

I know in rare cases a game will be developed and then a lesser version ported to another console, like arcade ports to home consoles before they were of comparable quality.

But I think in this case a game that began development as a cross-gen title would be limited in scope as they couldn't start over completely when the transition to this Gen began.

gstaff

Seriously, this is ridiculous. Might as well just ignore things then. The way they're answering now is just going to make it seem even worse when it's revealed as Crossgen.

I apologize, my intention wasn't to be cryptic. On our game websites, we list the platforms the game at the bottom of the page. It's also called out in our press release.

We don't list platforms if we're not developing the game for them. As another example, you won't see PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 listed at the bottom of the product page for Wolfenstein: The Old Blood -- that game isn't going to be on those platforms, either.

There isn't much in life that would make me throw my beloved PC out the window ....... you found the one thing that would make me do it. Absolutely, not in a million motherf**king years in a month of Sundays should that be the new PC logo ......... erm yeah I am against that logo :p

I'm not trying to attack you for having an opinion but wouldn't you agree that if a game was made to run on old hardware that the potential of the game is then limited by the low end hardware?

If you are going down that path then since I am a PC gamer shouldn't I be going "rah rah it's being released on those crappy next gen consoles which have old hardware compared to the PC they are so totally gonna hold the PC version back".

It's elitism when PC gamers do it and it is elitism when "next gen" gamers do it.

DOWN

Banned
They are saying absolutely anything except IT IS NOT COMING TO LAST GEN. incredible.

And yeah, somehow even this avatar missed the hype train but it looks glorious regardless
I apologize, my intention wasn't to be cryptic. On our game websites, we list the platforms the game at the bottom of the page. It's also called out in our press release.

We don't list platforms if we're not developing the game for them. As another example, you won't see PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 listed at the bottom of the product page for Wolfenstein: The Old Blood -- that game isn't going to be on those platforms, either.
so no one is now or will be officially developing Fallout 4 for last gen? That's what people want to hear someone from Bethesda confirm.

There's skepticism thanks to Activision recently dodging answers on their last gen CoD release even though there's been only official mention of current gen in their media.

If you are going down that path then since I am a PC gamer shouldn't I be going "rah rah it's being released on those crappy next gen consoles which have old hardware compared to the PC they are so totally gonna hold the PC version back".

It's elitism when PC gamers do it and it is elitism when "next gen" gamers do it.

I don't think it's elitism to want the best software that your hardware is capable of, regardless of your platform of choice.

I agree that how you express your view is important as its not cool to be a dick to those who choose a different platform.

But you didn't answer whether or not that would affect the game, I believe you implied that you agree it would affect it, but that it doesn't bother you, which is totally cool as everyone has their opinions.

I personally believe that the game will be incredibly fun to play and surely agree that improvements over past titles in regards to gameplay is pretty much guaranteed, but I also think it's unfair how many people seem to shrug off those who raise concerns over the graphical fidelity of the game.

It's not fair to compare to nes games or whatever but the assets are clearly indicative of last Gen assets that have been slightly uprezzed when I think they could have done more considering their budget/talent/experience.

All this is based on the little I've seen from the trailer so I'm hoping I'm wrong and that the rest of the game looks better upon release.

you are going down that path then since I am a PC gamer shouldn't I be going "rah rah it's being released on those crappy next gen consoles which have old hardware compared to the PC they are so totally gonna hold the PC version back".

Charlie, that's not the same, lmao

I'd be frustrated if this game ended up cross gen, NOT because of 'elitism' (seriously man that's a crazy reduction wtf), but because Fallout isn't a linear shooter. Fallout isn't an arcade racer. Fallout is an open world RPG. One that hardly ran on last generation consoles to begin with. The idea is that if the game is designed around 10 year old hardware constraints, that limits the scope and potential ambition of the next-gen version, assuming they're both designed to provide the same core Fallout experience. There's things you just can't do with your open world when it has to operate within bounds like less than half a gigabyte of usable RAM, or function at a playable rate on horrible CPUs from 10 years ago.
The current generation consoles might not be super-powered but they can do a hell of a lot more to enable meaningful advancements in Fallout than... adhering to the standards of 10 years ago would.

Top Bottom