• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

DOWN

Banned
You guys are thinking Bethesda is being a lot more nefarious and deceptive about this than they really are. I don't think they're stupid enough to play semantic games with us only to unveil a last gen version later. They aren't stupid, they know how that would turn out.
PR is semantic games.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
My fear is that the most likely case will happen, being that the entire scope of the game is limited by the original plan that was made to be compatible with last Gen hardware, meaning everyone gets an overall lesser version.

Unfortunately even if the last gen version doesn't exist this little dance around words with Bethesda is going to be standard if you just think about it.

Bethesda Game Studios wants to take 4 years between major releases? Than that's fine it's their decision but that means that every other game we get from them is either going to be a cross gen title or a "next gen" title with some last gen limitations.

We are already well into the 2nd year of this console generation and that means that by the time we get Elder Scrolls VI in 2019 the "PS5/Xbox Quad" would be either released already or releasing that year (Assuming were not pulling another 7 years for the next system to drop) so these are unfortunate circumstances and every other game were getting either has lost potential/some limitations due to the unfortunate fact that nobody at Bethesda Game Studios is clairvoyant that can accurately predict future home console hardware.

Holy shit some of the responses in here are killing me. It's like they think Bethesda employees are sitting around twirling their mustaches saying "muahahaha, they'll never see it coming when we announce CROSS GEN. RELEASE THE DOWNGRADED VERSIONS."

Willful ignorance all up in this thread. It's not happening people. Let it go.

in my mind its like "okay, so they know.. just keep quiet about the WIPs and feed them the facts

this is not a big deal, its only a handful of them"

i want to be wrong and i want to look stupid for being paranoid, i really do

We are already well into the 2nd year of this console generation and that means that by the time we get Elder Scrolls VI in 2019 the "PS5/Xbox Quad" would be either released already or releasing that year (Assuming were not pulling another 7 years for the next system to drop) so these are unfortunate circumstances and every other game were getting either has lost potential/some limitations due to the unfortunate fact that nobody at Bethesda Game Studios is clairvoyant that can accurately predict future home console hardware.

But the groundwork for developing on PS4/X1 has been laid. ES 6 is going to drop well before the gen is over. They obviously have a lot to optimize and develop and refine with their engine and, even though FO4 still looks great, ES6 will have a big pop or step-up in the graphical department (and otherwise) with a shorter development time than FO4 IMO

And I think a lot of the hush-hush wink-wink talk is because they have to work with other interests and they themselves probably don't know what the hell is going on with their own IP sometimes, remember E3 has a tendency to push people to launch before they're ready /bethesdaapologizer

In all honesty they probably told Obsidian that since they "totally botched" New Vegas, they will let them do another title... a CROSS-GEN ONE BAHAHAHA

Compsiox

Banned
Come on guys if they're going around the question in every way possible then crossgen is basically confirmed.

They aren't being straight forward. They're hiding something.

Also I don't want to buy everyone chicken nuggets.

Come on guys if they're going around the question in every way possible then crossgen is basically confirmed.

you said on that page everyone there is getting chicken nuggets and i was on that page

What's really important in all this is that you need to remember that I wanted a spicy nugget.

MetalGearFlesh

Neo Member
Bethesda Game Studios wants to take 4 years between major releases? Than that's fine it's their decision but that means that every other game we get from them is either going to be a cross gen title or a "next gen" title with some last gen limitations.

But they did work on Skyrim with a better understanding of the hardware after both Oblivion and Fallout right? I mean, that's 3 games in one generation. No doubt development times have lengthened and there's a possibility that this generation will be shorter than the last, but I hope they can put out at least one more title before sacrificing anything to the next gen.

I do completely understand the concern though

MattyG

Banned

I want mine with BBQ sauce.

p3tran

Banned
uhm.. guys, I dont understand whats the problem here?

say -completely as a false example just to make a case- that fallout 4 indeed is coming to every single console in the known universe. atari 2600 included.
is that so bad for you? I mean, if it is, just dont buy the game since -again I suppose- you have many other options of this caliber.......
sometimes I really cant understand what I'm reading... maybe I'm turning into an old coot, I dont know... but if it is the latter, then you bethesda guys better not a) delay and b) fuck up this game! :D

Unfortunately even if the last gen version doesn't exist this little dance around words with Bethesda is going to be standard if you just think about it.

This is a great observation of the Beth situation. Makes a whole mess of sense IMO. Perhaps other master Gafers could chime in on this. Great insight, man!

say -completely as a false example just to make a case- that fallout 4 indeed is coming to every single console in the known universe. atari 2600 included.
is that so bad for you? I mean, if it is, just dont buy the game since -again I suppose- you have many other options of this caliber.......
sometimes I really cant understand what I'm reading... maybe I'm turning into an old coot, I dont know... but if it is the latter, then you bethesda guys better not a) delay and b) fuck up this game! :D
The only way it's bad is that it means the game was limited in the sense that it also had to work on PS360, so you'll always wonder what could of been. But it does look great as is.

Really it's not bad, it's just almost comical how bad Bethesda's PR is.

Aces&Eights

What's this about chicken nuggets?

CNPRkNl.gif

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
But the groundwork for developing on PS4/X1 has been laid. ES 6 is going to drop well before the gen is over. They obviously have a lot to optimize and develop and refine with their engine and, even though FO4 still looks great. So ES6 will have a big pop or step-up in the graphical department (and otherwise) with a shorter development time than FO4 IMO
Oh I'm well aware of that but unfortunately this means that Fallout will always get the short end of the stick if their development time for TES games is considerably shorten because of the ground work they do with Fallout.

So either:

A-Every other game gets the shaft if they stick to the 4 year schedule.

B-Every third game gets the shaft and at the current cycle that means Fallout gets the shaft which sucks because I care more about Fallout than TES.

just dont buy the game? >.>

ive never anticipated a game so much in my life, im one of those who would google 'fallout 4' every couple days since like 3 years ago

i only have a ps3 but im totally down to save up for a well rigged PC

p3tran

Banned
The only way it's bad is that it means the game was limited in the sense that it also had to work on PS360, so you'll always wonder what could of been. But it does look great as is.

Really it's not bad, it's just almost comical how bad Bethesda's PR is.

oh, I see. well in that case, maybe you guys should ask gstaff here, what kind of innovations/new game mechanics/evolutions should we expect from their new game.

here, let me try

gstaff, any new stuff in your mix we will be happy to learn about? or just re-skinned old game in new console? thx :D

oh, I see. well in that case, maybe you guys should ask gstaff here, what kind of innovations/new game mechanics/evolutions should we expect from their new game.

here, let me try

gstaff, any new stuff in your mix we will be happy to learn about? or just re-skinned old game in new console? thx :D

I think our chances of getting a competent answer out of them significantly increases if we all ask the same question lol. It's nice to dream.

"Does it look like an old game?"

todahawk

It's possible they that have another studio handling the previous gen ports, but then why not announce it with all the other versions?

Yeah, I don't get why they wouldn't announce any current gen ports. It's not like they're pulling a GTAV and announcing current gen and hiding next gen plans.

I can't see them waiting 3, 6 months or even a year to announce PS360 versions. Most of their sales would be out the door and probably on sale/discounted.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166581189#post166581189

I suggest you read that and my followups to see how that could affect the game negatively for all platforms.

cripterion

Watch "FRANCIS RAGES ABOUT FALLOUT 4 GRAPHICS" on YouTube - https://youtu.be/qjaoxw9VupE

Couldn't have said it better myself

Uh I found that rant to be stupid (but not sure if it's serious or not). Of course gameplay matters but people gotta stop acting like graphics aren't part of the equation. And not every game that looks good has to have shallow gameplay like The Order 1886. (why even reference it like it's the only good example of a great looking game?)

If it doesn't matter to him or to you fine, but it matters to other people so stop trying to downplay like your word is gospel. I don't think it's too bad to hope for better visuals & animations once in a while.

0racle

Virtual boy port confirmed.

Fallout 4 spelled backwards is "4 tuollaf", toullaf was a Romanian teenager in the 90's. 4 = for. " for toullaf "

They made a port for him as he was the only one who purchased a virtual boy. Ever.

Sohaim

i was kind of excited about this, but its all gone now after i saw the price this will cost me here in Brazil, right now its 249 reais on steam and 200 on Nuuvem, as reference GTA V was 99, The Witcher 3 costed me 79,90 on nuuvem and Batman is 119, it seems bethesda is asking a direct conversion of 80 dolars here in Brazil, and the price on Nuuvem pretty much confirms it, i am sad now.
bethesda why u do this?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Virtual boy port confirmed.

Fallout 4 spelled backwards is "4 tuollaf", toullaf was a Romanian teenager in the 90's. 4 = for. " for toullaf "

They made a port for him as he was the only one who purchased a virtual boy. Ever.

whoa-gifs.gif

Top Bottom