• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

MattyG

Banned
On the official Bethesda youtube channels alone, the trailer has 14 million total views. That's double from yesterday. And that doesn't even include websites like Gamespot that uploaded it to their channels.

KingK

Glad to hear it definitively clarified that this won't be cross gen. I don't even own a next gen system yet but i would have been pissed if it was for the old systems. I'll probably be getting a PS4 in a few months as soon as i can afford it. Especially since it looks like this is coming out this year.

I was kind of hoping the Boston rumours were false. I thought Chicago/great lakes area would be cool, but the trailer had some interesting locales. I'm really interested in the androids and underground railroad aspect. The Institute sounds awesome.

Jarate

Banned
Is recommended to play fallout 3 after I played the excellent fallout new vegas?
I'd suggest it, if you have the PC version you can download Tale of Two Wastelands which makes Fallout 3 almost like a dlc for New Vegas, although you start in Fallout 3. This will let you play Fallout 3 with all the improvements of New Vegas

Linkhero1

I've watched the trailer over and over again. I just cannot contain my excitement. It's made me not care about the rest of E3 even though I should. I'm looking forward to Bethesda's conference.

Is recommended to play fallout 3 after I played the excellent fallout new vegas?

I'm going to play it as soon as it's on sale on Steam. I played New Vegas and loved it. I've avoided playing 3 for the longest time because I fear that I won't like it because of how great New Vegas was.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I've watched the trailer over and over again. I just cannot contain my excitement. It's made me not care about the rest of E3 even though I should. I'm looking forward to Bethesda's conference.

I'm going to play it as soon as it's on sale on Steam. I played New Vegas and loved it. I've avoided playing 3 for the longest time because I fear that I won't like it because of how great New Vegas was.
Even with all of its faults and it being in the shadow of New Vegas, Fallout 3 is still worth a purchase and a playthrough.

Also i believe the entire Fallout series is on sale on Steam iirc. It was mentioned in the thread. Yep, its on sale. FO3 GOTY for $12.

DOWN

Banned
But why does it look so outdated? Especially the animations?
tumblr_mik2g99CwR1r0byljo1_500.gif

lol don't say this to a staff member about his company's near-finished game.

rjinaz

On the official Bethesda youtube channels alone, the trailer has 14 million total views. That's double from yesterday. And that doesn't even include websites like Gamespot that uploaded it to their channels.

Damn. Bet Bethesda is already poppin corks.

By the way, what happened to the free nugget guy? Some people are owed.

I'm seeing 9.9 million on this channel/video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

Either way though, its a huge number.

He said channelS. Probabaly including the UK channel and maybe others.

Compsiox

Banned
It is not coming to 360 and PS3, the stuff we’re doing will never work there.

SWITCHING BETWEEN PAST AND PRESENT CONFIRMED!

In Halo Anniversary you couldn't change between the new and old versions quickly at all but with Halo 2 Anniversary on Xbox One it's very fast.

Therefore I think that being on the newer consoles and PC will allow this feature to exist.

Huge stretch I know

Steel

Banned
Hopefully, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I definitely bet it'll get Oculus compatibility at least though, if not officially then modded in.

Yeah. If it does end up with Morpheus support it would tip me that way. Not gonna have a PC that can use Occulus anytime soon.

Gamebryo stuttering would probably induce a lot of vomiting in VR.

I know there are already some Occulus mods for Skyrim. Not sure how they work.

Frostburn

Got a chance to watch the trailer on my TV today, I absolutely cannot wait. I think the environments and graphics look amazing. People are nostalgic about the old graphics or just don't remember that they were fine for their time but this is a huge leap forward graphically from what they've shown so far. The fact that this is probably coming out sooner than later has me even more excited.

I think people were fine for stating they expected something better graphically, but some people were clearly over the top about it. I don't think the entire group should be quiet just because of criticism. The exceptions do not define the norm.

SinShep

I think people were fine for stating they expected something better graphically, but some people were clearly over the top about it. I don't think the entire group should be quiet just because of criticism. The exceptions do not define the norm.

I can partially agree with the people who thought the visuals were underwhelming, but the hyperbole with things like "It looks just like Fallout 3" seemed ridiculous.

gosox333

2 (plus NV) games west, 2 games east, how bout 2 games central?

Fallout 5 Chicago and 6....Detroit?

Ehh the midwest is largely a shithole I'll just be happy with Chi town I guess.

DOWN

Banned
Thanks again to gstaff

For whatever reason I feel pretty invested in the game as an excited fan so it was weighing heavy on the mind *phew* lol

Linkhero1

Even with all of its faults and it being in the shadow of New Vegas, Fallout 3 is still worth a purchase and a playthrough.

Also i believe the entire Fallout series is on sale on Steam iirc. It was mentioned in the thread. Yep, its on sale. FO3 GOTY for $12.
Definitely. My brother has told me to play it for the story alone. I think it will probably drop to $5 during E3 but thanks for the heads up. I have it on 360 but I would rather play it on PC. :)

Hubble

These are probably my favorite shots from the reveal. I think these images pretty much sum up exactly how I envisioned Fallout 4 would look.

The landscape is barren but the atmosphere isn't bleak, and I think that's a really nice breath of fresh air. The blue sky and the selective use of vibrant colors really pop out amidst the neutrals of the terrain.

Idk I want a more dark bleaker tone than the unveil. When I leave the vault, I want to feel like I am lost in a devastated country that just suffered a nuclear attack.

ekim

SWITCHING BETWEEN PAST AND PRESENT CONFIRMED!

In Halo Anniversary you couldn't change between the new and old versions quickly at all but with Halo 2 Anniversary on Xbox One it's very fast.

Therefore I think that being on the newer consoles and PC will allow this feature to exist.

Huge stretch I know

Rendering two scenes at once would be taxing, yeah.

StereoVsn

So I wonder if paid mods are going to make it into Fallout 4 day 1 since unlike Skyrim there is no existing community to upset and Bethesda clearly wants to monetize mods. It will be interesting if it gets brought up during E3 or not. I am thinking it's unlikely that they will release info on that until almost next to release but they probably should ease the populace into that.

Sou Da

Next place i would like to see Fallout is Orlando, Florida area. This is an area that is ripe for a Fallout game in many different ways.

Make it Miami. I want a Fountain of Dreams game so bad.

Also is Vault 29 considered to be better than Little Lamplight?

Top Bottom