• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

Todd just said they want to bring mod support to PS4 after PC and Xbox One.

He said they're looking at PC mod support in early 2016, then Xbox one after, and "hopefully" PS4 after they introduce it on XB1.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I can't wait to install all of those graphics mods on my PS4

Jack-Black-Forces-A-Smile-In-Nacho-Libre-Gif.gif

Mods aren't going to be in the game at launch, but Todd Howard said that Creation Kit will go to PC shortly after launch, with mods coming to XB1 shortly after and then PS4 after that, the PC/XB1 link making it easier to deal with.

Howard clarifies to Geoff that he wants to bring the mods feature to PS4 as well. So not a permanent Microsoft exclusive!

Yeah, sounds like they have a deal worked out already for the Xbox side and are still talking to Sony about it.
After the massive positive reception to the announcement for Xbox Sony will probably allow it.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Sure, it looks exactly like FO3 - Part II:

mPspWbj.jpg

2UsM00F.jpg

5YtZi77.jpg

HAsuDAk.png

HcspTrW.jpg

GCEHvYL.png

31fAusg.jpg

in7t35n.png

swNvnQB.jpg

zVQxVHM.png

ce8jjZs.jpg

lnTkqSG.png

kZIJEww.png

ofvJplb.png

Tigress

Dang, these pictures of Fallout 3 is making me realize how much crappier console graphics are. While everyone else is amazed at how crappy 3 looks compared to what I remember, I'm sitting here thinking those look nicer than what I remember :p (console player here.. there is a big difference between the pictures just a few posts above me from 3 and what my game on my PS3 looked like).

I wonder how much different 4 will look like on my PS4 than the pictures they've been using in the demo.

ymgve

You do realize there are performance tradeoffs right? Look up draw calls in relation to performance.

A Bethesda game has a massive amount of draw calls because almost every object is dynamic (meaning it is not baked into the environment thus saving draw calls).

This is the case with almost every modern game. Take Witcher 3. Do you really think there are more draw calls in any Fallout 4 scene than a really crowded square in Novigrad? Or walking through a forest in which every single tree is independently affected by wind?

Jb

This is the case with almost every modern game. Take Witcher 3. Do you really think there are more draw calls in any Fallout 4 scene than a really crowded square in Novigrad? Or walking through a forest in which every single tree is independently affected by wind?

Why?

Top Bottom