• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Klart

Anyone knows whether there's news about the Fallout 4 PS4 Pro patch?

I'm kinda waiting for it to start Nuka World.

Tigress

I think I also found that out after playing maybe 700h of Fallout games haha

It took me 500+ hours (sorry, no idea on how much on the + but I think 3 and New vegas lasted me about 250 hours each) and a fallout subreddit post to find out (so I never figured it out for myself ;) ). But by 4 I already knew that trick (and I think before I did another New Vegas playthrough).

(Sometimes it pays to be a bit of a Fallout fanatic and follow forums just for it).

How do I deal with radiation in Survival? I know there is a doctor in Diamond City but I will get wiped!

Try not to get it? Sadly, at this point I can't remember what I did for radiation when I was just starting out but I think other than rad storms it's not too hard to stay away until you can build up some perks to deal with it. There is a travelling doctor you may come across that can go near Sanctuary. Also, rad-x is better to use than radaway as less bad effects so if you must go in a lot of radiation, use some of that (That's what is getting me through Far Harbor). Also, sanctuary isn't as hard to reach as you think so try to get there (I think that actually is one of the things I did to help build up levels... it actually stays in the pretty low level area of map cause they expect you to go there pretty soon).

Up your med perk by one and build a doctor too.. that is what really saved my butt (especially in my game where antibiotics are really rare... I think it's cause i have a luck of 1). I don't know what perk you need anymore for the radiation arch, that is another thing you might want to attain to. This is why getting settlements and building them up in strategic locations is a very good idea (I definitely recommend building up Sommerville for when you need to go to the glowing sea and Hangman's Alley. Jamaica Plain is another good location too).

Sarcasm

It took me 500+ hours (sorry, no idea on how much on the + but I think 3 and New vegas lasted me about 250 hours each) and a fallout subreddit post to find out (so I never figured it out for myself ;) ). But by 4 I already knew that trick (and I think before I did another New Vegas playthrough).

(Sometimes it pays to be a bit of a Fallout fanatic and follow forums just for it).

Try not to get it? Sadly, at this point I can't remember what I did for radiation when I was just starting out but I think other than rad storms it's not too hard to stay away until you can build up some perks to deal with it. There is a travelling doctor you may come across that can go near Sanctuary. Also, rad-x is better to use than radaway as less bad effects so if you must go in a lot of radiation, use some of that (That's what is getting me through Far Harbor). Also, sanctuary isn't as hard to reach as you think so try to get there (I think that actually is one of the things I did to help build up levels... it actually stays in the pretty low level area of map cause they expect you to go there pretty soon).

Up your med perk by one and build a doctor too.. that is what really saved my butt (especially in my game where antibiotics are really rare... I think it's cause i have a luck of 1). I don't know what perk you need anymore for the radiation arch, that is another thing you might want to attain to. This is why getting settlements and building them up in strategic locations is a very good idea (I definitely recommend building up Sommerville for when you need to go to the glowing sea and Hangman's Alley. Jamaica Plain is another good location too).

I ran to sanctuary Diamond City.

The radiation I got was unavoidable as it was from enemies lol

Mistel

Banned
How do I deal with radiation in Survival? I know there is a doctor in Diamond City but I will get wiped!
There's several different doctors around the commonwealth you can use but generally at early levels you have several options even without perk investment with the vault suit giving you some amount of rad resistance along with the lead lining of basic armor like leather. Realistically it takes about ten minutes to get to Diamond City if that then equip yourself from there.

What SPECIAL are you using?

Sarcasm

There's several different doctors around the commonwealth you can use but generally at early levels you have several options even without perk investment with the vault suit giving you some amount of rad resistance along with the lead lining of basic armor like leather. Realistically it takes about ten minutes to get to Diamond City if that then equip yourself from there.

What SPECIAL are you using?

I ran there and got cured. I am running mainly 5's. But I just invested 1 in INT and in the library going for bobblehead.

--------

Definitely going to grab Gun Nut. I also plan to get Science to generate purified water, but question..

Is it better to wait till you get the mod so you can move it to your weapon or just spend perk points to craft it from scratch?

Example is take a Long or Short Recon Scope (the one that tracks targets), would it be better to craft from scratch or to invest the three points assuming your SPECIAL already meets the stat requirement (which I do as I got chemist now) to get the perks?

Perks in question to craft the recon scope is:
Gun Nut Rank 2
Science Rank 1

_____

I also can't decide where to build a settlement. I really only want to manage one. I don't want Sanctuary but I need the water for the industrial purifiers. How can I do that without spending too much on defense/needing defense?

Also where should I build? Is there bugs with certain locations?

Tigress

I also can't decide where to build a settlement. I really only want to manage one. I don't want Sanctuary but I need the water for the industrial purifiers. How can I do that without spending too much on defense/needing defense?

You really will benefit in survival if you do several strategic located ones with beds, doctors, ammo shops (maybe food shops), water pumps, razor grain (razor grain + dirty water = noodle soup. Lightest way of carrying a way of making food when you need it and you can find cook stations many places around the game and you can get a bottle and fill it with water to get dirty water) and connect them. You don't need to do much management (I just let them get attacked unless I'm nearby or I really like it and am in the mood to divert from what I'm doing and fix them up next time I come around). Really not much upkeep of them (just more building them up and then you can just mostly leave them alone).

If you really only want to do one I'd do Sommerville just for having that when you go to the glowing sea. Or Jamaica Plain or Hangman Alley for something central (but I personally wouldn't want to not have a radiation arch and doctor nearby the glowing sea honestly. I mean you only need to go there once or twice in the game but you do need to go there and I'd hate to have to rely on rad-x and radaway and all the water you'll have to carry and antibiotics since that will get you more prone to sickness).

Mistel

Banned
I ran there and got cured. I am running mainly 5's. But I just invested 1 in INT and in the library going for bobblehead.

--------

Definitely going to grab Gun Nut. I also plan to get Science to generate purified water, but question..

Is it better to wait till you get the mod so you can move it to your weapon or just spend perk points to craft it from scratch?

Example is take a Long or Short Recon Scope (the one that tracks targets), would it be better to craft from scratch or to invest the three points assuming your SPECIAL already meets the stat requirement (which I do as I got chemist now) to get the perks?

Perks in question to craft the recon scope is:
Gun Nut Rank 2
Science Rank 1

_____

For a recon scope I wouldn't bother that much its not that useful really unless you really struggle keeping track of enemies there are better things you can do make for those perk investments. As for settlements go for hangman's alley as it's central to the map and means you can just move all the companions there and not have to travel to Sanctuary often, this however would require local leader if you want all the workstations.

Tigress

For a recon scope I wouldn't bother that much its not that useful really unless you really struggle keeping track of enemies there are better things you can do make for those perk investments. As for settlements go for hangman's alley as it's central to the map and means you can just move all the companions there and not have to travel to Sanctuary often, this however would require local leader if you want all the workstations.

I disagree, I love my recon scope. I like scoping everyone out and getting tabs on them and having easier way of keeping tabs on them even when they are out of sight. Only bad thing is is that it's reality breaking so you really have to suspend disbelief with it imho.

Though, if you find a gun with a recon scope you can always remove it and put it on another long as it is the same type gun without the perk. So you could just try to hope to get a few recon scopes from a few different guns.

Mistel

Banned
I disagree, I love my recon scope. I like scoping everyone out and getting tabs on them and having easier way of keeping tabs on them even when they are out of sight. Only bad thing is is that it's reality breaking so you really have to suspend disbelief with it imho.

Though, if you find a gun with a recon scope you can always remove it and put it on another long as it is the same type gun without the perk. So you could just try to hope to get a few recon scopes from a few different guns.
If you do want one that bad just get the Wastelander's Friend from Bunker Hill, It's not that hard to keep track of enemies what so ever to justify using one I mean you can just VATS scan the area and just look generally even in survival. Far harbour even with heavy fog is not difficult either.

Tigress

If you do want one that bad just get the Wastelander's Friend from Bunker Hill, It's not that hard to keep track of enemies what so ever to justify using one I mean you can just VATS scan the area and just look generally even in survival. Far harbour even with heavy fog is not difficult either.

I don't use VATs unless I'm super desperate or I already see the enemy and I want to know exactly what they are... I like playing real time. And VATs just feels like cheating (the scope feels a little cheaty too but less so than VATs). And honestly the enemies tend to blend in with the background sometimes and when there is many it's nice not having to keep tabs on all of them at once (and also nice when you like to stealth to see where one is going and be able to watch the pattern they walk). It's fun when you like to play a stealth character to go mark as many enemies as you can find with the scope and get an idea of where they travel so you can formulate a plan to snipe as many as you can without them seeing you. My favorite thing is if I can wipe out a camp without ever being seen (I don't mind caution but to never get the danger level).

So, speak for yourself, I find the recon scope incredibly useful (and don't tell me I should use VATs, the only game I used VATs was Fallout 3 and that's cause the shooting mechanic was kinda boring. I like the shooting mechanic in New Vegas and in 4 and find it more fun and immersive to shoot and aim for myself).

Sarcasm

Plus on survival you don't see enemies pips on the compass.

I won't be using a sniper in a hallway but sometimes when outside out is hard to keep track of them especially if they are all moving. Plus I am making a water farm in a settlement.

So what are some perks for survival?

I got rank one of :

Lone wanderer
Aqua boy
Sneak
Action boy
Idiot savant
Chemist

I think something else. I got three points to spend.

Unai

Plus on survival you don't see enemies pips on the compass.

I won't be using a sniper in a hallway but sometimes when outside out is hard to keep track of them especially if they are all moving. Plus I am making a water farm in a settlement.

I got rank one of :

Lone wanderer
Aqua boy
Sneak
Action boy
Idiot savant
Chemist

I've got all ranks in lead belly, but in hindsight it wasn't such a good idea. Raw food and dirty water can still get you ill.

Mistel

Banned
So, speak for yourself, I find the recon scope incredibly useful (and don't tell me I should use VATs, the only game I used VATs was Fallout 3 and that's cause the shooting mechanic was kinda boring. I like the shooting mechanic in New Vegas and in 4 and find it more fun and immersive to shoot and aim for myself).
I never said you should use VATS I said you don't need a recon scope if you want to manual aim and considering the change of mechanics in 4 VATS is heavily pushed even compared to 3 and NV.

I got rank one of :

Lone wanderer
Aqua boy
Sneak
Action boy
Idiot savant
Chemist

Well you could invest in chem resistant as it synergieses well with chemist with the second level, maybe start investing in PER so you can get the arc for grenades from demolition expert. I could think of more but it depends on where you want to go as you've got a solid base there for survival.
I've got all ranks in lead belly, but in hindsight it wasn't such a good idea. Raw food and dirty water can still get you ill.
Lead belly really doesn't help much for the investment which is a shame really but lots of the END perks have little or very situational use all of the DT/ER perks are a bit iffy at higher levels due to the diminishing returns within the damage resistance system.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I installed like five or six mods on the PS4 and now the game runs like crap.
Whats the point of allowing mods if the console can't run them? Does this happens on Xbox also?

Tigress

I never said you should use VATS I said you don't need a recon scope if you want to manual aim and considering the change of mechanics in 4 VATS is heavily pushed even compared to 3 and NV.

No, you don't need one but it helps keep track of everyone especially if you like sneaking and killing everyone without them seeing you. That way you can focus on snipering one and not lose track of the others. It also helps you from a distance see the movement of an NPC so you can figure out a good point to snipe him (or sneak past). It's fun to actually do some recon and use your scope to mark the threats. My point is that it is useful. No, it doesn't help you aim all that well except when the enemy is far and there's fog out - it actually can be helpful then even in aiming so you know general direction of where they are (and maybe can even calculuate where to shoot if it's really foggy). It's main purpose isn't to help aim. It helps you look at the overall situation, keep tabs on who is where, and watch their movements. It's a great tool if you like sneaking (and survival mode really does emphasize sneaking).

Also, no you didn't say I need to use VATs but you did say VATs lets you see where the enemies are. I pointed out for those of us who don't use VATs, that isn't an option. And sorry, 4 may have improved VATs, but they also improved shooting even beyond what New Vegas did. So... just cause they improved VATs doesn't mean they intended you to use VATs (it's there for those who like VATs). They intended you to play how you want and improved both mechanics.

Mistel

Banned
Also, no you didn't say I need to use VATs but you did say VATs lets you see where the enemies are. I pointed out for those of us who don't use VATs, that isn't an option. And sorry, 4 may have improved VATs, but they also improved shooting even beyond what New Vegas did. So... just cause they improved VATs doesn't mean they intended you to use VATs (it's there for those who like VATs). They intended you to play how you want and improved both mechanics.
Combat mechanics haven't really improved from NV more one step forward two steps back removing in several cases.

Sarcasm

The shooting is way better than any of the pervious fallouts, not dissing the previous games. Also I enjoy that when I do use vats, it is more of a bullet time than a time stop.

The previous games shooting mechanics were bearable at best.

I am one of the few people who probably like all three latest games FO3, NV, and FO4. I enjoyed the older ones (1, tactics, and 2) when I played them when they were new but I can't and don't have time to play them as of today.

Tigress

Combat mechanics haven't really improved from NV more one step forward two steps back removing in several cases.

Uh, I don't see the two steps back when it comes to combat mechanics.

The shooting is way better than any of the pervious fallouts, not dissing the previous games. Also I enjoy that when I do use vats, it is more of a bullet time than a time stop.

The previous games shooting mechanics were bearable at best.

I am one of the few people who probably like all three latest games FO3, NV, and FO4. I enjoyed the older ones (1, tactics, and 2) when I played them when they were new but I can't and don't have time to pay them as of today.

I think FNV was fun but I just like the aim down sights they added :). For me it added all the immersion I needed to want to do that over VATs.

And I am with you, I liked all three of the latest games and the older ones (I've played which is 1 and 2). In fact my order of favorites can't even be divided by old/new (NV > 2 > 4 > 3 > 1). 4 is only over 3 though due to the survival mode which for me made up a lot for the even weaker RPG than 3 (and is one of the few things I'll say Bethesda did better/improved over Obsidian).

Sarcasm

Uh, I don't see the two steps back when it comes to combat mechanics.

I think FNV was fun but I just like the aim down sights they added :). For me it added all the immersion I needed to want to do that over VATs.

And I am with you, I liked all three of the latest games and the older ones (I've played which is 1 and 2). In fact my order of favorites can't even be divided by old/new (NV > 2 > 4 > 3 > 1). 4 is only over 3 though due to the survival mode which for me made up a lot for the even weaker RPG than 3 (and is one of the few things I'll say Bethesda did better/improved over Obsidian).

There is a mod in NV to add iron sights. Also got the sawyer mod but not as good as the survival mode in 4.

I honestly can't rank the games. Each one has gave me something to remember so it is hard.

Sblargh

Banned
Not feeling it at all.
Too much gunplay. Like, way too much. Everything is go there, murder all those stuffs.
I feel like that classic Doom review saying "why can't I talk to the monsters?"

And I was expecting it. I read the reviews, I knew it was more "action-oriented", but jesus gajeebus, it's too much. Every quest is "do you take this quest?" "yes/no/sarcastic-but-yes", if yes go into a one-hour long battle spree. I thought people were being hyperbolic saying it's not an RPG anymore, but really. It's like a shooter that has a build-a-village tackled on that has branching paths at the end (I know because of reviews, I imagine am not near the end). And I don't know if I just give up or restart the game with a character built for combat because that's all that matters aside from the occasional extra loot you get from hacking and lockpicking.

Consumer guilt alone would fuel me to give it another try, now fulling realizing this is more like Far Cry than New Vegas or Fallout 3.
Also not particularly a fun shooter, tbh. Enemies have this tendency of zig-zagging making me rely too much on VATS (my fault for sucking?), I'm always running out of bullets, have to stop looting because of weight restrictions and most of the time there is not even a plot going on giving you the bare motivation. You have a plot, but then you have "sidequests" where every quest is the same go there, murder people quest, so you put the actual plot of finding your son on a stop to do something without a plot other than "please help me person who I do not know" and... well, it's all pointless, all quests are the same quest.

Man, I never thought I would sound like a purist defending the sanctity of a genre, but even reading other people saying, I was not ready for this not being a fallout game (based on my experience with the previous two).

Tigress

Have you seen the state of unarmed and melee (to a lesser extent) compared to NV?

That would explain it. I don't melee in these games at all. Melee in Bethesda games feels like keep hitting buttons. But I thought they at least added ways to block... But i confess since I barely use melee (and never unarmed, totally not interested in unarmed playthroughs) in fallout I'm not the expert in what differences there are between games. The gunplay is definitely improved from even new Vegas though.

There is a mod in NV to add iron sights. Also got the sawyer mod but not as good as the survival mode in 4.

I honestly can't rank the games. Each one has gave me something to remember so it is hard.

Uh, new Vegas had iron sights. That'a the big change that made it more fun to play in real time vs vats for me. And no, it wasn't a mod (I played it on PS3 and Xbox 360 so no mods for me :( ).

I can rank them (some are better in certain respects than others but this is how much I enjoyed the game overall). NV > 2 > 4 > 3 > 1 (yes, 1 is my least favorite. Deal old school fallout lovers. Good game but just never got into it as much as the other fallouts). In general rpg counts a lot for me but in the end overall fun is the most important (that's how 4 gets over 3 despite rpg being the weakest of all the fallouts I've played. Cause of survival mode overall it is a more fun and replayable game).

Sarcasm

That would explain it. I don't melee in these games at all. Melee in Bethesda games feels like keep hitting buttons. But I thought they at least added ways to block... But i confess since I barely use melee (and never unarmed, totally not interested in unarmed playthroughs) in fallout I'm not the expert in what differences there are between games. The gunplay is definitely improved from even new Vegas though.

Uh, new Vegas had iron sights. That'a the big change that made it more fun to play in real time vs vats for me. And no, it wasn't a mod (I played it on PS3 and Xbox 360 so no mods for me :( ).

I can rank them (some are better in certain respects than others but this is how much I enjoyed the game overall). NV > 2 > 4 > 3 > 1 (yes, 1 is my least favorite. Deal old school fallout lovers. Good game but just never got into it as much as the other fallouts). In general rpg counts a lot for me but in the end overall fun is the most important (that's how 4 gets over 3 despite rpg being the weakest of all the fallouts I've played. Cause of survival mode overall it is a more fun and replayable game).

Ah that is right, remember now just had to get a mod to fix the iron sights in NV. It was pretty misaligned lol.

Dries

Not feeling it at all.
Too much gunplay. Like, way too much. Everything is go there, murder all those stuffs.
I feel like that classic Doom review saying "why can't I talk to the monsters?"

And I was expecting it. I read the reviews, I knew it was more "action-oriented", but jesus gajeebus, it's too much. Every quest is "do you take this quest?" "yes/no/sarcastic-but-yes", if yes go into a one-hour long battle spree. I thought people were being hyperbolic saying it's not an RPG anymore, but really. It's like a shooter that has a build-a-village tackled on that has branching paths at the end (I know because of reviews, I imagine am not near the end). And I don't know if I just give up or restart the game with a character built for combat because that's all that matters aside from the occasional extra loot you get from hacking and lockpicking.

Consumer guilt alone would fuel me to give it another try, now fulling realizing this is more like Far Cry than New Vegas or Fallout 3.
Also not particularly a fun shooter, tbh. Enemies have this tendency of zig-zagging making me rely too much on VATS (my fault for sucking?), I'm always running out of bullets, have to stop looting because of weight restrictions and most of the time there is not even a plot going on giving you the bare motivation. You have a plot, but then you have "sidequests" where every quest is the same go there, murder people quest, so you put the actual plot of finding your son on a stop to do something without a plot other than "please help me person who I do not know" and... well, it's all pointless, all quests are the same quest.

Man, I never thought I would sound like a purist defending the sanctity of a genre, but even reading other people saying, I was not ready for this not being a fallout game (based on my experience with the previous two).

It's funny, I'm returning to the game (largely because I can't get FFXV to run on my damned PS4) and while I agree on a lot of points and certainly philosophically, it's the gunplay that's made me enjoy this one. Everything "RPG" about this is just awful, but imagining it as a lego set with an indie quality throwback shooter it works for me when it probably shouldn't.

Filben

Unfortunately no problem is too big or too complex that you can't solve it with guns. The actual gun-fight experience is way better than ever before but the lack of RPG and different and subtle solutions are underwhelming.

The only thing that was pushing me was the story and, which seems a bit odd, seeing my character in dialogs. Giving him/her a voice actor/actress and showing the face with emotions really did well for the bonding.

I'd recommend to focus solely on the story and then quickly turn to the Far Habor expansion; avoid radiant quests and unnecessary encounters, too. Not much substance there, especially when you're used to The Witcher's sidequests.

Finally FINALLY finished up the entire game after like 150+ hours of gametime. I really enjoyed it, and kinda hate how long we'll inevitable have to wait until the next one of these. It's a flawed game, so I do hope they'll take their time and make the next one amazing though, even though I hold this one is high regard too.

Also, can I just say that I really like the male wanderer's voice acting? He did a pretty damn good job, and some of his reads actually managed to crack me up a bit.

Jacknapes

Restarted Fallout last weekend, have literally been playing it with whatever free time i've had. Put 3 mods on the PS4 (one which adds parts to each workbench in each settlement, saves me having to worry about them so i can explore the world.) The other 2 were a visual mod and one which gives me an unlimited nuke grenade launcher, perfect for Deathclaws.

Been exploring the Commonwealth, so far so good. Have set-up a few settlements with a decent defense system, only had 1 call to help out. I reached Diamond City yesterday, now at level 23 so pretty decent for taking out most enemies without a lot of bother. Have been exploring various locations, so some side-quests where i'm asked to get an item i already have it.

Dries

So... I installed the High Resolution Texture Pack. I noticed the difference in the Commonwealth, but now I traveled to Far Harbor and it seems as if the texture pack isn't working? So I was wondering if the hi-res texture pack is exclusively bound to the main game and not the DLC or something?

GravyButt

Totally new to this on xbox 1. I got about halfway through fo4 on ps4 before it crapped the bed on me.

Im looking for a mod where basically right from the start I can get my characters special and traits identical to what they were so I can get back to where I was pretty fast.

Thing is, I got no clue wtf im looking for. Any help? Thanks!

Tigress

I probably asked this already, but how was Nuka World? Worth playing?
I liked Far Harbor quite a bit.

I played Nuka World before Far Harbor. Far Harbor is better overall (story is way better, it actually shows Bethesda can do RPG still, the atmosphere is awesome). Nuka World's story is ignorable but I do think it's fun to explore the map of it. I'd say Far Harbor is what 4 should have been and Nuka World is a fun DLC to just explore. But you gotta go through this huge trial at first before you can (maybe there's a mod to skip that part).

Definitely don't expect Far Harbor out of Nuka World though. Nuka World is more just a fun map to explore add on than anything with some story as an excuse to add some features. I may have had more fun cause I played FH first so didn't expect that out of Nuka World when I played it.

Filben

Far Harbor really is great. I wish they could use this kind of effort and skill to mix it with real RPG elements at its core like New Vegas or even Fallout 3 did to some degree. I reckon you can have it all, though; New Vegas with Fallout 4's graphics, gunplay and voice-overs for the protagonists.

So Horizon Survival Overhaul finally has hit version 1.0!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17374

As soon as I'm done with ME:A, I'm all over this one. It's basically a complete overall of the game, quick C+P from reddit with the main features:

THIS is the survival experience we didnt know we were missing. Includes sorting tags, ammo crafting, fast travel, perks, damage, loot, hacking and lockpick reworks, and makes settlement building worth something.

The mod covers almost every aspect of gameplay, with a large assortment of features:

Medical - Healing in Horizon requires actual medical treatment, and you can no longer be healed otherwise.

Aid - Many new healing/buff/utility items have been added to expand survival and quality of life.

Combat - Combat is more challenging, while removing the "bloated" health pools many enemies have.

NPCs - Many NPCs have a custom scaling system to allow them to properly scale with your level.

Loot - A very large amount of changes were made to loot in order to balance and add immersive detail to the game.

Containers - Many new items and loot changes make looting containers and NPC's more immersive.

Lock Breaching - Horizon has it's own system of breaking into locks and terminals, aside from the standard methods.

Ammo - Ammo is more difficulty acquire, but can also be crafted using an ammo crafting system.

Perks - Many perks have been completely redesigned to provide new bonuses and have new purposes.

Specializations - Based on the perks you have, you can choose 1 combat-based specialization.

Survival - Many changes have been made to rescale and rebalance how survival mode works.

Items - Junk items have been expanded to provide more purpose for crafting (including MANY new items.)

Magazines - Collecting magazines actually has an extra purpose, which unlocks certain recipes.

Crafting - The crafting system is greatly expanded, and has recipes that can be unlocked through various methods.

Settlements - New settlement objects: defenses, vendors, decorations, and new types of crafting stations.

Progression - A new settlement progression system, that has goals/rewards for settlement builders (still in development.)

Travel - A fast travel system to immersively allow you to travel between settlements.

Mail - A new mailbox system is created, to allow you to receive messages and items from various NPCs.

Levels - All levels are rescaled in Horizon, to provide a more classically controlled environment.

Scrap - Weapons and ammo can be scraped into useful parts, made to craft other weapons/ammo or devices.

Storage - Cargo Bots that can be summoned to carry junk back to your settlements.

Sorting - Horizon has it's own inventory sorting fully intended to be used with DEF_UI's icons.

DLC - All DLC's are optional, but contain full support to rebalance DLC elements as well.

Misc - Many various minor tweaks and bug fixes.

Addons - Multiple difficulty modes, optional gameplay addons, optional screen effect tweaks.

Top Bottom