• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Patch 1.02 out on PS4 right now

Mikey Jr.

Fallout 4 PS4 Patch 1.02 Frame Rate Test

it actually runs...pretty well now? might have to pick this game up soon then.

Thats good to hear.

This game needs like 2-3 more big patches though before I jump back in. It is not terrible or anything in my opinion. I played 30 hours just fine. Its just that my backlog is so big, and Witcher 3 got like 9 more patches since the last time I played it on PS4. So by the time I finish Witcher 3, this game should be ready to go for me.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Fallout 4 PS4 Patch 1.02 Frame Rate Test

it actually runs...pretty well now? might have to pick this game up soon then.

Proven right again. So we had to go through the whole overdramatic BS in the Digital Foundry thread about how weak consoles and blahblahblah and then we get a patch that fixes performance when nobody cares and its not controversial anymore.

I really hate this patch later mentality

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
framerate looks much better. More interested in pickin this up now.

Its better, but i would not rush out before they put the new patch out. Judging by the video it still drops down to 20 in confined areas that have nothing going on while saying solid 30 in heavy firefights.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Its better, but i would not rush out before they put the new patch out. Judging by the video it still drops down to 20 in confined areas that have nothing going on while saying solid 30 in heavy firefights.
This is the specific issue I'm waiting for to be addressed before buying.

mileS

Yeah I still have plenty of huge games to finish first.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

Specific places, not all confined areas. You could put 50 hours into this games and likely not notice anything. But hey, it was in a video...

Falcker

Specific places, not all confined areas. You could put 50 hours into this games and likely not notice anything. But hey, it was in a video...

If you got 50 hours logged and you have spent that time exploring then there is not way you havent run into these issues as they exist in almost every area in some form.

Replicant

It has to be as easy as it sounds.....I made sure my shipment of gears was the only thing in my junk tab and hit transfer all and takke all. When you take all it closes the workshop and you only deposit the original shipment of 25....never duplicates

Nooooooooo~

Damn it. I hope my auto-update on PS4 is off. :( :(

Thanks for testing it though.

Patch downloaded, will try later this evening. I had some issues with frame drops in the Corvega Assembly Plant, but I have just cleared that area so I won't go back to it. My current save is just outside of it, going back to get my reward.

naib

I don't care and wasn't aware of dupe glitches. Haven't been playing 'cause I think it runs poorly on PS4. Downloaded patch and about to fire it up. Cautiously optimistic.

Proven right again. So we had to go through the whole overdramatic BS in the Digital Foundry thread about how weak consoles and blahblahblah and then we get a patch that fixes performance when nobody cares and its not controversial anymore.

I really hate this patch later mentality

Maybe you should watch the video?

Do you prefer to use auto save ( pause game select auto save) or manual save ( pause save game, select slot etc)

I've been doing auto save because it's much quicker.

JJD

As someone who was not bothered by the game performance on the PS4 I gotta say everything fells way, way smoother after the patch.

I'd say this is a must have patch after I tried it.

If you're someone who was bothered by the frame drops before I think you'll see a solid improvement now.

ssharm02

Banned
yea the difference seems pretty majors especially in that mountainous area with stairs, originally it was running at 20 FPS and now seems to be locked at 30

It's obviously to do with the lighting. Just watch when it drops to 20 and when it goes back up, it's always when the lighting changes.

impirius

I was destroying the eggs and the Queen shows up instead of continous clearing the eggs, I turn my focus and kill the Queen and Destroy the egg clutches still show as incomplete even thought I spend an bour running around the castle to make sure all eggs are destroyed. I even build the 2 generators, all power connect correctly. I have move on to other missions, just cant finish Preston Garvey missions.
Save first, then try sleeping in one of the Castle beds for 24 hours. That worked for me when Garvey got stuck running away from the Queen. I caught him more than halfway across the Wasteland after the fight, but he kept saying the line about protecting the Castle before turning and sprinting away again.

panty

Thanks. I don't mind waiting. Definitely not supporting this "unfinished game, patch later" thing by byuing a new copy.

Mooreberg

I put 93 hours into 1.01 and the only major issues were crashes to the XMB which always seemed to be prompted by gun fights in the subways. Hopefully this smooths things out.

Glad I stocked up on ammo and stuff before this patch. Seems like the vendor glitch was patched out.

Damn! Building the settlements only started to become fun when I started to get excess amount of building materials. (I should also try the junk duplication glitch.) I might hold off patching this for awhile, then.

naib

report back.
There's definitely an improvement, but it still chugs sometimes. Enough to give me a rubbery one. But I was also playing in some new areas for me.. I dunno how valuable my input is yet.

Will play more at least. Haven't done that in awhile.

Pillville

Has this messed up Vita remote play for anyone else?

The square and triangle buttons don't work at crafting stations, and touching the left side of the screen does "punch" instead of V.A.T.S..

Top Bottom