• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowsike

Neo Member
Its just hilarious to me seeing all these people refusing to even give it a chance just because the graphics aren't up to their incredibly high PC master race standards. Most of you morons will think any game is utter garbage if it doesn't look as good as Crysis 3.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Its just hilarious to me seeing all these people refusing to even give it a chance just because the graphics aren't up to their incredibly high PC master race standards. Most of you morons will think any game is utter garbage if it doesn't look as good as Crysis 3.

Ohh boy, this is a bad post.

Whoa, take it easy man. No need for that, different strokes...

Its just hilarious to me seeing all these people refusing to even give it a chance just because the graphics aren't up to their incredibly high PC master race standards. Most of you morons will think any game is utter garbage if it doesn't look as good as Crysis 3.[/QUOTE]

You're still a junior, edit the bold out. It's not ok even if you were a member.

Joyful

wew lad

Amazing first post.

Really? And this is your first post? haha

Its just hilarious to me seeing all these people refusing to even give it a chance just because the graphics aren't up to their incredibly high PC master race standards.

I will probably buy it. But it would be very disappointing if the PC version won't have, for example, a good ambient occlusion method. It's such a simple effect which adds a lot to the atmosphere. There is no good reason why this isn't built in.

goishen

I think it looks fine, and I play on PC. It's just how it plays that concerns me. But that's a different thread.

Crysis 3 looks dope.

Tainted

I4hcxmk.gif

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
While Crysis 3 looks awesome I don't think many are using that as a standard. Calling people morons is quite unnecessary.

I've played through Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim all on PS3. I couldn't really give a toss about how spectacular the visuals are. I'm just hoping that I'll get a fucking properly playable version of a Bethesda game on a Sony console.

Kamina777

Banned
It's like no one in this thread has played a Bethesda game before. My god the vanity.
Ignore it, everyone was expecting lower than current gen AAA level visuals, and no AAA console game out now has anywhere near the open ended scope of fallout 4. The corners they cut to bring the experience that everyone is looking forward to, are forgivable. If a few people want to get their jollies beating a dead horse with another dead horse to show how exquisite their tastes are, let them.

Aces&Eights

This is Bish bait if I ever saw some.

OT: Sure, the gameis not setting new graphical standards but hot damn it's a new Fallout game and I could not be more hyped for it.

Oh hi Todd Howard.

Ignore it, everyone was expecting lower than current gen AAA level visuals, and no AAA console game out now has anywhere near the open ended scope of fallout 4. The corners they cut to bring the experience that everyone is looking forward to, are forgivable. If a few people want to get their jollies beating a dead horse with another dead horse to show how exquisite their tastes are, let them.

Well it wasn't even that, the original images were pretty bad. When I viewed the images on my phone and read the comments, I thought the worst of the posters as well. Viewed the original ones on my PC changed my mind though lol. Seeing the updated ones seems to have placated the majority of people thankfully.

statham

I thought FO3 was ugly and it ended up being one of the best games I ever played. I think these look alright, at-least the faces look 10x better which was what bothered me most about FO3.

Someone else who claims to have the game says it's the Pipboy flashlight that kills shadows. Kinda makes sense - you can clearly see it's on in the second screenshot.

Oh damn, F4 finally has a flashlight? That's cool stuff but sucks all the more if it ruins other things. How odd.

etta

my hard graphic balls
lol

Slaythe

Skyrim looks like utter shit even on PC without mods.

Witcher 3 does look great on PC and console ( now after 6 months of patching ).

Bethesda is just awful art wise. This is to be expected.

Doesn't ruin the game.

jackdoe

This is Fallout, right? What level of graphical fidelity were some of you expecting?
I personally was expecting the same fidelity for consoles as the MS E3 conference footage. I have less of an issue with what Bethesda has actually achieved on PS4, and more of an issue with the bait and switch tactic they pulled. If the footage was shown last year, I'd cut them more slack. But it was shown less than 6 months ago. They had to have a pretty good idea what PC equivalent settings the consoles would be targeting by then.

Kamina777

Banned
Well it wasn't even that, the original images were pretty bad. When I viewed the images on my phone and read the comments, I thought the worst of the posters as well. Viewed the original ones on my PC changed my mind though lol. Seeing the updated ones seems to have placated the majority of people thankfully.
I see, I must gave got in after the latest images were posted.

Jobbs

Banned
There's no quantum leap forward from previous games in terms of the visuals,

Depends what you mean by quantum leap. It's definitely a generational leap.

Uh... RIP

Could look better, sure, especially with games like Witcher 3 and GTA V out in the wild. But what exactly were people expecting from an open-world Bethesda RPG running on Gamebryo? They've always had janky visuals,

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I can imagine getting a Bethesda open world game running and looking good on consoles is quite the task. There's bound to be a monumental value of required draw calls, given how much data needs to be calculated.

And look, in all honesty if detailed draw distances and little pop-in are huge priorities with you for open world games, you probably need to buy a computer.

Hoje0308

Banned

Most people go for the, "Hooray! My first post on GAF!" approach.

Not you though. Wew

Well, it was less of a flashlight in them and more of a general glow.

YEs exactly what I meant to say. I'd like a proper flashlight, like you have in some games like Metro(I think it's on your gun or helmet right?). It really adds to the mood in some locations. Many more games have it but I just can't remember them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom