• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denton

But yeah, I would go for G2 with DX11 + L'Hiver mods too^^

Holy crap I just googled that, had no idea this existed.
Amazing, I might have to replay G2 NOTR soon.

I mean wow

G2NotR-LH-DX11-005.jpg

Machina

Banned
New Rule: for those who somehow are of the opinion that these screens look like a motherfucking 360 game, and are cherrypicking individual features like shadows and lighting to facilitate a more diluted and frenzied argument....Need to google the word "entitled".

Bl@de

Holy crap I just googled that, had no idea this existed.
Amazing, I might have to replay G2 NOTR soon.

I mean wow

Be sure to take some time. You can tweak every setting (tesselation, draw distances, etc.) and kill FPS on a modern system (my Xeon/GTX770 drops to 30 at times^^ in 1080p).

It also adds new areas, extra NPCs and a lot of other stuff.

DX11 for G1 is work in progress right now. WorldofGothic is your friend for tutorials (German,English,Russian) on Gothic mods.

Denton

Be sure to take some time. You can tweak every setting (tesselation, draw distances, etc.) and kill FPS on a modern system (my Xeon/GTX770 drops to 30 at times^^ in 1080p).

It also adds new areas, extra NPCs and a lot of other stuff.

DX11 for G1 is work in progress right now. WorldofGothic is your friend for tutorials (German,English,Russian) on Gothic mods.

Thanks, I had no idea Gothic mod scene is so alive and kicking.

Bl@de

Thanks, I had no idea Gothic mod scene is so alive and kicking.

No problem. Well, what else is there to do. Risen was never the game people hoped for (still has mods^^) and Elex is still far away. Gothic has a very dedicated community that started back in the early 2000s. Even the devs are lurking in the WorldOfGothic forums and answer questions about everything fans want to know. Piranha Bytes is a very small team to this day (with around 30 devs) :) A refreshing thing in the day and age of AAA behemoths. The franchise was always something special.

Lovely. Also this thread looks like a bunch of 14 years old trying to act cool around the teachers, by saying school is shit.

I guess the PNGs are supposed to show improvement over the JPG ones? Then why are all the shots set up up close, with only a few meters of distance visible at best or obscured by lighting effects?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I guess the PNGs are supposed to show improvement over the JPG ones? Then why are all the shots set up up close, with only a few meters of distance visible at best or obscured by lighting effects?

Here you go

Conspiracy theorists alive and well it seems lol. Yea, the point was to show that the game can look good just as it can look not quite so good, like every game. No reason to hide anything. Here, some with a bit longer draw distances. Last ones for real this time:

Fallout4_20151031142144.png

Fallout4_20151031143514.png

Fallout4_20151031143310.png

Fallout4_20151031153136.png

Fallout4_20151031153218.png

Fallout4_20151031143730.png

gai_shain

New Rule: for those who somehow are of the opinion that these screens look like a motherfucking 360 game, and are cherrypicking individual features like shadows and lighting to facilitate a more diluted and frenzied argument....Need to google the word "entitled".

Not sure I quite understand what you are saying? When people complain about missing shadows they are entitled?

aravuus

Classic

dex3108

If we ignore hyperbolic posts here i just don't understand why some people can't accept criticism when certain graphic effects are in question. They automatically turn on defense mode. And this is common behavior when big franchises are criticized on GAF.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Not sure I quite understand what you are saying? When people complain about missing shadows they are entitled?

The issue is that this thread is about 60 pages now, and a majority of that is "preorder canceled, this game looks like crap", over some badly desaturated compressed shots. Shadows at far distances be damned, its not an accurate look at the game you'll be playing 99% of the time like what Shinobi has posted.

Even i thought it looked average at the reveal, but these pictures in the top of the thread show off a pretty selective and negative impression that isn't all that accurate.

The issue is that there's only one shot in particular being brought up and being blown out of proportion outside of the various other shots we have at this point, and turned into an argument about everything under the sun. "Bethesda is bad a graphics" to "they are lazy" to "their engine sucks" to "consoles are weak" to "PC's are better, mods".

Its not a fair representation.

Alienous

Bethesda are entitled for being able to release a AAA game on modern hardware with the graphics Fallout 4 has without being laughed off of the shelves.

The issue is that this thread is about 60 pages now, and a majority of that is "preorder canceled, this game looks like crap", over some badly desaturated compressed shots. Shadows at far distances be damned, its not an accurate look at the game you'll be playing 99% of the time like what Shinobi has posted.

Even i thought it looked average at the reveal, but these pictures in the top of the thread show off a pretty selective and negative impression that isn't all that accurate

No, Shinobi's images are intended to show off a pretty selective and positive impression of the graphics. He said they were taken to show how good the game could look. They are not a fair representation. We don't know if the original set of images that started the thread were taken to show how bad the game could look. Those images seem to focus less on things (outside of the Bobblehead and armour) and more on just taking images mid-gameplay, so they are probably the more unbiased look at the game.

gai_shain

Even i thought it looked average at the reveal, but these pictures in the top of the thread show off a pretty selective and negative impression that isn't all that accurate.

well ive only read most of the posts until page 30 or something and the "preorder cancelled" posts were very very few. not sure if they increased though.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
well ive only read most of the posts until page 30 or something and the "preorder cancelled" posts were very very few. not sure if they increased though.

There are more, and then...we get into the can of worms of platform wars arguments and Bethesda's technical competency. I don't think they are incompetent, they obviously use the engine they use for a reason.

Its just not a visually appealing one a lot of the time and they prefer to focus on interactivity of the world a lot more than on how pretty it looks(which a lot of people usually slam devs for somehow)

Is it a fair trade off? I don't know, i would say its worth a conversation, but i would say we need one without all the hyperbole of the thread so far

ISee

New Fallout 4 screenshots /s

They are Fallout New Vegas modded screens :p

Full album here http://imgur.com/a/JaCFL

Could we please stop to post modded FO3/NV/Skyrim PC screens? Hell I am a PC graphics whore but this is just an unfair comparison (and yeah I understand that you, most probably, just made a joke).
FO4 on PC will look better then FO4 on PS4. And modded FO4 on PC will still look good in 5 years from now.

newps3_015brs2n.jpg

f041p2si7.jpg

Machina

Banned
Could we please stop to post modded FO3/NV/Skyrim PC screens? Hell I am a PC graphics whore but this is just an unfair comparison (and yeah I understand that you, most probably, just made a joke).
FO4 on PC will look better then FO4 on PS4. And modded FO4 on PC will still look good in 5 years from now.

f041p2si7.jpg

THANK YOU.

Please, look at this shot and tell me what else you were expecting from a HUGE open world game.

Instead of entitled why not "graphical autists". This thread is approaching of NMA levels of people who REALLY LIKE TRAINS AND PATTERNS AND STIMMING.

Aliand

Banned
The game looks good, especially after playing Fallout 3. Will be a day 1 purchase for me, well graphics aside also expects it to be solid.

Fallout 4 fanbase almost reminds me of a console exclusive defense force, weird. I am hyped for the game but this isn't healthy.

It looks at least on par with GTA V remastered dude. I can't get behind this theory that F4 is a terrible looking game, episodically with how vibrant the colors are looking, the aesthetic is unique enough to make it look good.

It really doesn't. And GTA has so much more going on along with fast moving vehilces and planes.

Also why is posting mod pictures "unfair"? Shouldn't a newly developed AAA game always look better than some fan mod of an old game?

Haunted

Wait, why? What one is playing in 2015 is a completely valid frame of reference to have when talking about a game releasing in 2015.

Looking better than Fallout 3 did at release all those years ago is not the bar Fallout 4 needs to clear. That's not a currently valid frame of reference for the people judging these graphics as substandard for a big budget title in 2015. It's other big budget titles in 2015, it's Fallout 3 (or other Bethesda games) with all the bells and whistles and mods.

Though the Elder Scrolls and Fallout modding communities were always very active and one of the best examples of communities taking matters into their own hand to improve the basic product, Skyrim's popularity really elevated that mod scene to a level of its own - with that in mind, I'm sure Fallout 4 will look great 8-12 months after release, too.

omonimo

Banned
If we ignore hyperbolic posts here i just don't understand why some people can't accept criticism when certain graphic effects are in question. They automatically turn on defense mode. And this is common behavior when big franchises are criticized on GAF.
That's something I don't understand at all. I mean probably it will be my goty but said it seems a straight port from ps360 graphically, hurts the nerve to a lot people here. I think it's natural expected something better. And I don't get the repetitive matter about the complexity of the game which could counts just in the case the hardware suffer of restricted RAM, and CPU beefy of more main RAM I could imagine. But Jeez we have ten times the RAM available on ps360, how can't be enough for the GPU stuff? Seems just crazy try to extrapolate such excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom