• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Spoiler Thread (Stay away if you hate spoilers)

Svafnir

There has been a ton of leaks over the past week and it's hitting a breaking point. Every quest name and image has been leaked, every perk, every companion, etc.

So with that said. Let the spoilers flow. Look below if you wish to be spoiled.

Numbes Not 100% Confirmed

4 Factions:
  • Brotherhood of Steel
  • Minutemen
  • Railroad
  • The Institute
13 Companions
  • Cait
  • Codsworth
  • Curie
  • Danse
  • Deacon
  • Dogmeat
  • Hancock
  • Maccready
  • Nick Valentine
  • Piper
  • Preston
  • Strong
  • X6-88
72 Quests (This might not be all of them)
  • 15 Main
  • 17 Brotherhood of Steel
  • 6 Minutemen
  • 8 Railroad
  • 12 The Institute
  • 14 Misc/Sidequests
108 Perks
  • 70 Special
  • 17 Magazine
  • 12 Companion
  • 9 Other
5 Vaults
  • Vault 111
  • Vault 114
  • Vault 75
  • Vault 81
  • Vault 95
Plus - Vault-Tec Regional HQ

World Map

9JMM5Bn.png

Rumors at either becoming a Deathclaw or being able to get one as a pet. These strings were found:

• Deathclaw Exploit The deathclaw does increased damage when fighting anybody who isn't the player.
  • Deathclaw Rage The deathclaw takes less damage when fighting multiple enemies.
  • Deathclaw Rage The deathclaw does increased damage when fighting multiple enemies.

If you want to plan your character there are various character builders.

NukaHub
Vault 111
RPG Gamer

I compiled a lot of the info at the following links if you want to check out all the quest, perks, companion images and names etc.

Quests
Companions
Perks
Bobbleheads
311 Location Names

GAME ENDING SPOILERS

Your wife dies. Your son is or becomes a robot. Betrays you and is the final boss. (Apparently) Also because you were frozen he is much older than you.

Video of the ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUfCCyfggxI

oceanskie

Banned
15 main missions seems a bit low, 14 sidequests also.

The graphics are concerning, the quest numbers are concerning, the launch day review embargo is concerning, the launch state of the game is concerning (given history). This game has more worrying dot points than Battlefront =/

Starfield

^ Are you serious? lol

How can I block a certain thread so it wont Show up on the Main Page?

I dont wanna fall for the temptation

Nere

I still find it buffling to this day actually that the vanilla version of Fallout 3 only had 17 side quests, excluding the unmarked ones. Hope that is not the case with Fallout 4 aswell.

Svafnir

Any links to the reddit thread that spoils the ending ? I'm really curious about.

The most I know about that is the quest "Epilogue" has a very interesting image about the end of the game. Not sure if it's a huge spoiler or not, but it seems to reveal a very important character.

Nothing else though yet.

Alright then.

S
o what I heard, I dunno if it's real or not, but your character is an android. It's why you look the same and have the same memories despite being 200 years into the future.

.....conversely you might've gotten cryogenically frozen and your significant other shot and your baby stolen.

Conflicting stories I've heard, but I've seen a .webm of the wife being shot in a frozen chamber like apparatus, whilst your character is trapped in it.

Svafnir

And Skyrim is a very short game if you only do main quests.

Fair enough. We can't know for sure how long these quests are until the objectives leak. But everyone who has played the game has said they are very long quests. So perhaps the number does not matter as much.

So the Fallout launch trailer came out today, and it seems a major plot point will be 'Synths', or Synthetics. This gives credence to the
'You're playing an Android' leak.

pantsmith

So the Fallout launch trailer came out today, and it seems a major plot point will be 'Synths', or Synthetics. This gives credence to the
'You're playing an Android' leak.

Why are we spoilering in a spoiler thread?

Re: the "leak", the intro of the game has you leave cryogenic stasis so you would have had to have been replaced at some point for both to be correct. That said, it would be trippy to bump into yourself out there.

Re: the "leak", the intro of the game has you leave cryogenic stasis so you would have had to have been replaced at some point for both to be correct. That said, it would be trippy to bump into yourself out there.

Just in case somebody accidentally clicks in here, atleast for the first page. I know it happened to me and others alot during MGSV's release

Watching a stream during the intro, I swear the dude who shoots your spouse says something about "at least we have another, just in case" while looking at you, after stealing the baby. So something odd is going on for sure.

-BLITZ-

So we have only one robot companion. I wonder of what kind it may be.

The map looks short. I'm looking at the distance between the Vault 111 and his nuked home and how close the rest are from there. Same thing I felt when I saw the 11 video with sprint across the map and even without the sprint is about how far the map can stretch. I don't see why they had to fill nearly half of the map on water, where at shore, there, it ends. :/ It doesn't let you even swim, only in the right upper corner if so.

Todd, said that he put 400 hours in it and still new things he discovered, but I don't see how it can take that much only by looking at the roads on how easily they connect with the main settlements. It reminds me a lot of Point Lookout, only a bit bigger. I do hope I'm not right. At least some underground metro or bunkers, caves.

So we have only one robot companion. I wonder of what kind it may be.

The map looks short. I'm looking at the distance between the Vault 111 and his nuked home and how close the rest are from there. Same thing I felt when I saw the 11 video with sprint across the map and even without the sprint is about how far the map can stretch. I don't see why they had to fill nearly half of the map on water, where at shore, there, it ends. :/ It doesn't let you even swim, only in the right upper corner if so.

Todd, said that he put 400 hours in it and still new things he discovered, but I don't see how it can take that much only by looking at the roads on how easily they connect with the main settlements. It reminds me a lot of Point Lookout, only a bit bigger. I do hope I'm not right. At least some underground metro or bunkers, caves.

I'm figuring it's dense in buildings/caves/what not, hopefully that stuff is plentiful.

-BLITZ-

I'm figuring it's dense in buildings/caves/what not, hopefully that stuff is plentiful.

From what you said, now I believe to think is more about quantity if it brings mods for weapons, armors, now with every object having a purpose and not just the already known but new added, scattered all over the map. Not to forget with the upcoming DLC. Could the new engine have a short limit before it brakes ? Yes, but Skyrim is doing fine, however I cannot deny that Fallout 4 buildings, NPC /mutants/animals/ objects, weapons, armors, clothes, have at least three times higher poly count (look at Preston images compare to Fallout 3/New Vegas low-poly 2007 face) which might take all the resources from the new engine.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
w3eYPcR.jpg

I love this picture for so many reasons that I cannot identity. Love showing it now. lol

This thing is on a boat in the harbor where the player encounters mutants.

Svafnir

DukeBobby

Hmm, I was hoping for a more substantial main story this time around. They could be long missions though, I guess.

Well, as long as it's not as half-arsed as Fallout 3's or Skyrim's main story, I'll be somewhat satisfied.

Damn, everything about this game is worrying me that it actually isn't GOTY material.

Still gonna play the shit out of it day 1.

Spoil me, brahs.

Nick Valentine is on the stream currently -
a synth that's an old-timey detective!
The dialogue is sadly still not the game's strongest suit. Love Nick's design and VA, though.

Also, could we have branched out a little between FO3 -> FO4 with a missing family member as a primary plot point? It wasn't that interesting last time.

Hood815

Is there a list of names confirmed that are in the game ? I was wondering if my name is in ? It's Harley if anyone can find out for me ! Cheers

Ogimachi

Isn't your son like a little kid?

Or does he wake up from cryo earlier than you?
I think he wakes up earlier, not sure about the details. All I know is that they shoot your wife in the head then take your kid. Later on you find out he's the villain and you get to choose whether to kill him or nuke the commonwealth.

Klyka

Banned
I think he wakes up earlier, not sure about the details. All I know is that they shoot your wife in the head then take your kid. Later on you find out he's the villain and you get to choose whether to kill him or nuke the commonwealth.

I'm dying, that's so funny.

Klyka

Banned
So, during which timeperiod in this set again?

Like,before or after Fallout 1/2/3?

Cause suddenly those Synths are running around who are basically androids indistinguishable from real humans and that seems a little crazy even for Fallout.
Also apparently no one has ever heard of them before outside of Boston :p

Top Bottom