• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4: You want a lot of adhesive??? OF COURSE YOU DO!!!

A problem that just about every player is going to run into................finding got damn adhesive for your crafting.

I can tell it's already a big issue from the number of people asking where to find it on reddit, facebook groups, neogaf, forums, ect.

We've all been there, where you got loads of other ingredients you need but not a single damn adhesive left. And just about every damn mod requires it. If you aint got adhesive, you aint crafting shit.

But, I found a great way to get hundreds of adhesive so you won't have that issue anymore.

It requires a bit of traveling and some time(in game time) but trust me, it's totally worth the hassle.

So for some who may not know, you can CRAFT your own adhesive.

Go to a Cooking crafting station
0Y2Q0Jb.png

and go to "UTILITY"
XUzMPKM.png

and you'll see "VEGETABLE STOCK"(I believe this recipe is unlocked by default)
5P9hXw6.png

As you can see, vegetable stock can be used as an adhesive.
The ingredients are pretty common and not hard to find items, and a single crafting attempt will net you five adhesive.

Now all we gotta do, is get those ingredients and lots of it. And I know of a place that has just that!!! A single place that has three of those ingredients all in one place.

*EXPLORATION SPOILERS WARNING AHEAD*
I will be talking about a destination on the map, and having you go to that destination. So if you prefer to find and explore towns and villages on your own, then, it's best that you stop reading further. No story or quest spoilers though, you're just going to a area, collect some shit, and bounce, but it may be an area you may not have came across yet.
You can still turn back
There is a small farm called "GREYGARDEN"
J4yWbeU.jpg

that is ran by entirely mr gutsys and they have a lot of vegetables growing.
HGUTPkq.png

xUw4N7e.png

Here you can grab three of the ingredients you need for the crafting of the adhesive. Tato, Corn, and Mutfruit.

The plants will grow the ingredients again after a few days.*you can just wait 24 hours a few times*

Instead of using the ingredients right away, i'd suggest going to a settlement and planting them.
EqLQwTI.jpg

The more you invest in planting, the more ingredients you'll get in return over time.
z9vJjwn.jpg

iUWPkpA.jpg

eAOR4v4.jpg

About the water you're going to need, you can simply buy the purified water from vendors,
6vmq5Ur.jpg

crafting the purified water with dirty water at a cooking station,
7DpmVqE.jpg

scavenge medical cases for it and sometimes find them on dead bodies. Vendors is the quickest way to get a bunch of water, but that will cost you in caps though.

and there you have it, once you got all your ingredients, just start crafting away.
xE3bqJq.jpg

diamount

Banned
People who loot everything but the kitchen sink shouldn't have any issue with adhesives, glue, duct tape all produce it when scrapping 'em.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Ahhh good find, thanks.

For the person asking for screws, the scrapper perk gives you more stuff when you scrap guns, one of the things you almost always get from junk guns is screws.

diamount

Banned
Ahhh good find, thanks.

For the person asking for screws, the scrapper perk gives you more stuff when you scrap guns, one of the things you almost always get from junk guns is screws.

The modded ones sure, regular pipe guns just give steel IIRC.

Vex_

Banned
I actually have more trouble with Screws than Adhesives. I find Wonderglue and Duct Tape all over the place.

Would be nice if we could trade across games. Like, having a central marketplace for players to trade online. Don't have to see anyone, like a board or something you just walk up to.

I notice some people have problems finding one thing, and not the other.

There is a perk that gives you screws for scrapping lol, but not sure if it is worth.

It is 100% worth it.

Screws and adhesive are the two most common ingredients when crafting mods for any weapon. If you want to mod the shit out of your weapons, its a MUST. Get that perk ASAP.

All those shotguns and 10mm pistols you find, plus you get copper from the pipe guns, so youll have a bunch of that stuff with that perk.

The scrapper perk was the very first perk I unlocked, I wanted those materials right from the start, since I been watching a lot of streams before the game came out and noticed the sheer amount of people needing those materials for modding weapons.

Thanks to this perk, screws are no issue.
Gi31nxK.jpg

How do you get people to tend your crops at Sanctiary? Do you have to assign a person to each plant? Or will they be smart enough to tend all the nearby plants?

NeonDelta

How do you get people to tend your crops at Sanctiary? Do you have to assign a person to each plant? Or will they be smart enough to tend all the nearby plants?

I'm sure they tend to all the crops

same with guards, if you get someone to guard one guard post they will move between any others you have on the settlement

I'm sure they tend to all the crops

same with guards, if you get someone to guard one guard post they will move between any others you have on the settlement
Ok good. But I've waited 24+ hours multiple times and my crops still aren't coming through. I'll give it some more time.

Jobbs

Banned
Quality post! I haven't had a SEVERE lack of adhesive, I've bumped into it a few times, but I could see how it could become a problem.

Now does anyone have any copper tips?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Do we really need 6 fallout 4 threads lol

Do we really need 6 fallout 4 threads lol

Yes.......6 is not enough. ALL THREADS MUST BE FALLOUT!!!!!!

Quality post! I haven't had a SEVERE lack of adhesive, I've bumped into it a few times, but I could see how it could become a problem.

Now does anyone have any copper tips?

What i would suggest is, when your about to craft something, and you see that your missing a component, hit the TAG button on the screen to put the searching/magnifying glass icon on the missing item.

4q79h6v.jpg

What this will do is, every single item that you come across that has a tagged component in it, that searching icon will be next to it. For example, if your looking for copper, and you tagged copper, all items that has copper in it will also be tagged with that magnifying glass icon, so you know that particular item your looking at has a component your looking for.

Also, if you get the scrapper perk(HIGHLY suggest) you can get copper when you scrap any pipe weapon. And screws when you scrap metal weapons.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Thank god, I was wondering what I was gonna do once I used up the last of my adhesives.

Now here is another set of questions, first of all what is the most common source of screws? For me it's 10mm pistols thanks to the perk that breaks them down into additional parts too. Secondly, is there an easy way to manage materials for crafting? I don't like carrying 150 pounds of junk, currently I just have a shelf next to the crafting table where I stash all my junk and then pull it out as I need it but it's kind of a pain.

Is there a storage facility or something I can build that I can deposit stuff into and it will auto use from that bin while I am in the settlement?

Kssio_Aug

Yes.......6 is not enough. ALL THREADS MUST BE FALLOUT!!!!!!

What i would suggest is, when your about to craft something, and you see that your missing a component, hit the TAG button on the screen to put the searching/magnifying glass icon on the missing item.

4q79h6v.jpg

What this will do is, every single item that you come across that has a tagged component in it, that searching icon will be next to it. For example, if your looking for copper, and you tagged copper, all items that has copper in it will also be tagged with that magnifying glass icon, so you know that particular item your looking at has a component your looking for.

Also, if you get the scrapper perk(HIGHLY suggest) you can get copper when you scrap any pipe weapon. And screws when you scrap metal weapons.

That's awesome! Didn't know about it!
I guess I'll let adhesive and concrete constantly tagged.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
This game seems complicate. Should I buy?

Top Bottom