• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4's file size is 28GB

28.12GB to be precise. Seems they updated it in the Xbox marketplace, seen in the 'Upcoming Games' section.

14ojLBL.jpg

Thanks IXCM.net

Games being 15+ GBs is hardly surprising at this point. It's really only when things get to the 40-50GB territory that I start sweating.

Side note: I know the Xbox One supports external drives but does the PS4? I can't swap out my HDD on the PS4 because of P.T. and wanna know if this is gonna be an issue in the future.

OEM

Games being 15+ GBs is hardly surprising at this point. It's really only when things get to the 40-50GB territory that I start sweating.

Side note: I know the Xbox One supports external drives but does the PS4? I can't swap out my HDD on the PS4 because of P.T. and wanna know if this is gonna be an issue in the future.

No external HDD for PS4 yet.

roytheone

Yeah, that will be at least double that for me after I installed some mods :) (I assume the base PC version will also be around this).

Soodanim

Gold Member
As long as it doesn't take forever to load on HDDs like GTAV, I have no problem with its size. It's about normal these days by the sound of things.

Skyrim was smaller than Oblivion? Madness.

antitrop

I can remember the dicussion when they said that Skyrim would only be 6 or 7 GB And many many people accused them of having a shortass game.
"... You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different conclusions written on it that you could jump to!"

Seems like a good game for my future ssd. Does anyone know if theres a way to have one or two steam games on a ssd while the steam installation is on a hdd?

I am going to guess a launch day patch will be an extra 5GB, which will probably be necessary to fix game breaking bugs and improve performance.

Jonnax

Lol. I'm imagining a lot of reused voiceovers I bet we'll get Fallout versions of:
'Arrow to the knee'
'Someone stole your sweetroll'
'Curved swords,'

Top Bottom