• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4's release date listed as 2015 on the Bethesda store, GMG, Amazon, GS, EB

Trace

Banned
yeah, I guess we're discussing graphics elsewhere but as far as im concerned this confirms it's a last-gen scrapped ver with added bloom and effects

not like im not buying day 1 regardless

The game has been in development for at least 4 years, how do you manage to swing that it's a scrapped last-gen version...

tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I was teasin months ago they were planning to do ship within 6 months of announce. It's just so many things can happen to push a game a few months back it's too risky to say it straight

gossi

Bethesda's game director Todd Howard said it will be the fastest they have gone from trailer to shipping.

yeah, I guess we're discussing graphics elsewhere but as far as im concerned this confirms it's a last-gen scrapped ver with added bloom and effects

not like im not buying day 1 regardless

i figured someone would try and turn this into a graphics thread and I also had an idea of who that might be. right on both counts, bravo mate, I get you're justifiably disappointed, but sheesh, simmer down and wait the couple weeks to see if your myriad fears and concerns might be addressed.

Salsa

The game has been in development for at least 4 years, how do you manage to swing that it's a scrapped last-gen version...

cause it looks terrible

lets say scrapped cross-gen

almost didnt post that cause we're discussing it in the other thread tho

i figured someone would try and turn this into a graphics thread and I also had an idea of who that might be. right on both counts, bravo mate, I get you're disappointed, but sheesh, simmer down and wait the couple weeks to see if your myriad fears and concerns might be addressed.

? this is literally like the first or second time I complain about graphics in a game

dennis is that way :p

anyway, disregard i'll just edit it out

yuraya

I hope that October release date is true from the reddit leak rumor.

To think we are getting:

MGSV in Sept

Fallout 4 in Oct

XCOM2 in Nov.

Great end year for gaming. Wallet gonna cry tho.

Thoraxes

Alright, this is great. And i'm so glad to see FO back too, especially because i'm not much of an Elder Scrolls person.

And the Vive is out this year too :)

Paskil

I want this more than I wanted GTAV when it was initially announced. This already has the potential to be my GOTG, if not top 5 GOAT. Obviously, it's rather soon to declare this, but I feel like if the quality even approached FO3/FONV territory, I am not overstating my thoughts.

Bring on E3! Pete Hines, I will name my first child Pete Hines if you give me this game in 2015.

? this is literally like the first or second time I complain about graphics

dennis is that way :p

anyway, disregard i'll just edit it out

i don't know, you're making a big stink of it in the other thread, not as though it's not justified though. if that's the way the game looks on the next generation consoles in the end, I'd be disappointed too. I'm hoping that they've got more yet to show and that trailer was made some time ago. but stuff like this is honestly the reason I jumped ship to PC and I've got no doubt that 1y from now the game I'll be playing will be a significant step up from what I'm seeing from this trailer. I personally just think people ought to reserve their full opinions for the E3 blowout when we actually have substantial information on the game

Salsa

Hyperbole of this nature deflates your argument. You really might want to pick your phrasing better.

dude look at your avatar

that's a bigger open world game in 2015 with a lesser budget than this

i don't know, you're making a big stink of it in the other thread, not as though it's not justified though. if that's the way the game looks on the next generation consoles in the end, I'd be disappointed too. I'm hoping that they've got more yet to show and that trailer was made some time ago. but stuff like this is honestly the reason I jumped ship to PC and I've got no doubt that 1y from now the game I'll be playing will be a significant step up from what I'm seeing from this trailer.

im bummed out, yeah, what I meant is that this rarely happens with me so it should say something about how bad I think it looks

but, yeah, we're already discussing it elsewhere. still glad its coming

Kouriozan

This is so good, after last year E3 "everything was 2015", it'll be great to see a game revealed and released the same year.

Trace

Banned
dude look at your avatar

that's a bigger open world game in 2015 with a lesser budget than this

It's also completely irrelevant. I guess GAF has forgotten the "The Witcher 3 looks like shit" downgrade threads we just had because we have something new to shit on. Fallout has always been about world design for me, mods will give me all the shiny 8k textures I want later.

I was shocked to see the announcement of XCOM 2 a few days ago, and that saying it was coming November this year.

...Could always use more surprises like that (...assuming the games aren't super fucking broken or anything....ahh hell, I'd still give them a shot).

C'mon 2015 release!

I think months ago I said I'll eat a sock if it's not 2015. If it's 2015 that would mean three potential amazing RPGs for a year. Pillars of Eternity, The Witcher 3 and potentially Fallout 4.

PoE and TW3 are already fantastic RPGs, if Fallout 4 can come around and be as fantastic it would wrap up this year so well for me. The GOTY contenders would difficult for me, between Bloodborne, PoE, TW3 and Fallout 4, MGSV and Fallout 4, lol.

Stiler

You know what would be amazing? If they announced the release day on the release date.

I mean imagine that? They have a big showing at E3, then at the end they say "You can buy and play fallout 4....now."

I always wondered why no one has tried a release like that, I mean a series like this is going to sell PERIOD, so why not generate amazing excitement/hype by doing a super huge surprise release like that? Totally blow everyone's socks off.

Salsa

It's also completely irrelevant.

well I disagree

I guess GAF has forgotten the "The Witcher 3 looks like shit" downgrade threads we just had because we have something new to shit on.

never participated in one of those threads

Fallout has always been about world design for me, mods will give me all the shiny 8k textures I want later.

for sure!

can I still be bummed out about how they made it look when it's shown / on release ?

mods arent made by bethesda

dude you're excited for it and that's fine; im disappointed. doesnt mean you gotta actively try to shift everyone into being 100% happy / hyped about this, it's gonna be hard

just opinions. no need for "omg gaf shitting on another thing I like Nnghghh"

So remember that part in the watchmen where doc Manhattan clones himself, with 1 to take care of his wife and many others to accomplish more important tasks...

Thats what I will need this year

Top Bottom