• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4's release date listed as 2015 on the Bethesda store, GMG, Amazon, GS, EB

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
man i called it, i told my friends "listen guys, fallout 4 will launch this year, i guarantee it unless theres a last minute delay. they've been working on the game for like 4 dang years, no way its 2016. E3 2015 they'll not only announce the game, but we'll get gameplay. at the end of the trailer... FALLOUT 4... HOLIDAY 2015!!" can't wait man. mgs5 and fallout 4.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I know I should want them to take as much time as they need... but man if a 2015 release date doesn't make me super excited.

Predwolf

A Metal Gear game and Fallout game in the same year again? 2008 was a great year, can't wait to repeat it again.

Bethesda's store page just says 'Estimated Ship Date: TBA' for me; no mention of 2015. Dates on other sites seem like obvious placeholders, too, but what do I know?

Not that I don't think this game is coming in 2015, as all signs indicate that it is, but if they announce 2016 at E3 now, no matter what else they show, y'all will be disappointed.

And for the record, on the minute chance that does happen, it's nobody's fault but your own.

Tigress

Not that I don't think this game is coming in 2015, as all signs indicate that it is, but if they announce 2016 at E3 now, no matter what else they show, y'all will be disappointed.

And for the record, on the minute chance that does happen, it's nobody's fault but your own.

True true.

on the other hand, I can look at the bright side that with Mad Max and No Man's Sky coming out in Fall (i'm still staying optimistic that it's this year despite hearing nothing about it this whole year) I won't have to feel pulled in so many different directions (all are games that really pique my interest but, well, Fallout).

There's too many damned games I want to play (and not just idly curious but really want/day one kind of want to play) coming out this year. Really wish a few came out last year instead as last year absolutely sucked for games for me (I got through a lot of backlog cause of that).

I'm not even sure I'm going to be done with Witcher by Fall (I always take longer than most people to finish a game and I can spend a fuckton of time in a good RPG. Oh yeah, and all the games i'm interested in this year all look like ones that will be time sinks for me).

Unfortunately Witcher 3 was the start of this year's good games so I started Fallout 2 when I got sick of GTA V and had to put it on hold for Withcer.. don't even know when I'll get to finish it (and I'm loving it. So far it's my 2nd favorite Fallout).

jtar86

I wonder if some other devs knew about this and that's why so many games delayed until early next year. May just be me grasping at straws but doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities to me. Not much room left when Fallout 4, MGS, COD and Star Wars Battlefront all launch within a couple of months of each other.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if some other devs knew about this and that's why so many games delayed until early next year. May just be me grasping at straws but doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities to me. Not much room left when Fallout 4, MGS, COD and Star Wars Battlefront all launch within a couple of months of each other.
Not to mention Halo 5, Star Fox, and who knows what else.

DOWN

Banned
They changed the game by giving a Friday release for Skyrim in the US when Tuesday was the only day games had been releasing on. They'd be doing it again to announce a AAA only 5 months from release.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Just gonna keep telling myself 2016. But I really do hope it comes out this year. I think the "leak" said an October release.

Seanspeed

Banned
It'll come out this year. Bethesda have usually been pretty good about hitting release dates, right? For better or worse....

No chance. It will definitely be delayed. My prediction is it will release by this time in 2016.

It technically already was though. Bethesda was on a pretty strict 3 year gap for a long time. This is the longest delay a Bethesda game has ever gotten.

Morrowind - Fall 2002
Oblivion - Fall 2005 (delayed to March 2006)
Fallout 3 - Fall 2008
Skyrim - Fall 2011
Fallout 4 - Fall 2014 (delayed to Fall 2015)

Portugeezer

It technically already was though. Bethesda was on a pretty strict 3 year gap for a long time. This is the longest delay a Bethesda game has ever gotten.

Morrowind - Fall 2002
Fallout 3 - Fall 2008
Skyrim - Fall 2011

Development times are supposedly getting longer, so even following that it could slip into 2016.

Rosur

Morrowind - Fall 2002
Fallout 3 - Fall 2008
Skyrim - Fall 2011

That's what I see, I reckon was originally planned for 2014 then next gen consoles came out mid way through development and they decided to make it bigger + next gen only so it runs better. Which is why the graphics don't look as good as The Witcher 3's (from what we can see atm).

It'll come out this year. Bethesda have usually been pretty good about hitting release dates, right? For better or worse....

Except you forget we haven't gotten an official release date. (Nevermind that it's an open secret)

Still, I'll only pick it up in 2016 anyway; experience has taught me as much with a Bethesda game.

DOWN

Banned
That's what I see, I reckon was originally planned for 2014 then next gen consoles came out and they decided to make it bigger + next gen only so it runs better. Which is why the graphics don't look as good as The Witcher 3's (from what we can see atm).

They would have known about current gen by early in full development, shortly after Skyrim's Fall 2011 release.

Portugeezer

They would have known about current gen by early in full development, shortly after Skyrim's Fall 2011 release.

Maybe, and maybe they were waiting to see how this gen would take off. It very well could have changed their plans. That said, I don't think the graphics are bad because it may or may not have been a last gen game originally (as some people suggested)... it just is.

I tell you what - if the game DOES indeed release this year, then listen up other devs, because that is how you reveal/release a game. Don't show me your fucking game a year(or more) in advance (especially if it's not going to look like the reveal), and then release the game after numerous delays.

I know this will never change, because pre-orders are stronger than ever, but man, it's looking like an October/November release - that is only 5-6 months away! That's how it should be done, now shut up and take my money! :p

If they delay it, then I'm coming over there!

Alpha_eX

Seeing as it was supposed to be shown at E3 last year, I'm not surprised to hear about the 2015 launch date. I prefer this Nintendo style of announcing something and releasing shortly after.

Top Bottom