• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4's release date listed as 2015 on the Bethesda store, GMG, Amazon, GS, EB

If it does release in 2015, then I hope all publishers adopt this marketing strategy where it's a short wait between reveal and release.

Peace Tea

Looks like 2015 is saved. It's not going to be another dud year. Now I'm just waiting for a set date (2015) on Deus Ex. That's it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I am cautiously optimistic. I am sure someone has brought it up in this thread already, but I remember Todd Howard saying they wanted to have the game in a near complete state so there wouldn't be any downgrade confusion like with Oblivion.

Haha, this is great.

Don't let me down, GAF. Trying to temper expectations about this coming out this year and if it doesn't, tears.

I look forward to my Nuka Sub from Subway :) But in all seriousness this is one of the better indicators that the release date is this year.

I thought what we saw was an Alpha build? Wouldn't that be way too close?

Not if they're already rolling out cross-promo stuff....

Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Persona 5 in the same year.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

+ Metal Gear Solid V: TPP

kris.

Banned
Game devs should start releasing like hip hop artists.

Haven't heard from R* in a while?

BLAM GTA6 RELEASIN NEXT WEEK MOTHERFUCKERS

Dear god please let this happen. I wish games would have shorter announce/marketing/release cycles. Keeps the hype high and stops the disappointment of hearing a game is a year plus away.

Ascenion

If this drops this year....screw Persona, Halo, CoD, Tales, Battlefront and anything else that dares release after September. I don't need you, I will have the new love of my life: Fallout 4.

If this drops this year....screw Persona, Halo, CoD, Tales, Battlefront and anything else that dares release after September. I don't need you, I will have the new love of my life: Fallout 4.

I completely forgot about Battlefront. Well I guess I won't have a life come fall

kevin1025

Banned
do people really think this isn't a 2015 title? Pete Hines has stated numerous times that Bethesda's game will get announced and release in a small window of time. It'll probably be released Oct. - Dec. 2015.

It's more that with all of the delays in the past year or two, a release date this soon after announcement sounds too good to be true. I think it's October as well, but at the same time, we won't know for sure for another 11 days.

Panda Rin

October 23rd. Gut feeling, but I think Bethesda will market it based on the Great War, especially considering they showed it in the trailer.

I'm about 74% confident in this date.

EDIT: Scratch that. I guarantee it will come out the 23rd.

October 23rd. Gut feeling, but I think Bethesda will market it based on the Great War, especially considering they showed it in the trailer.

I'm about 74% confident in this date.

EDIT: Scratch that. I guarantee it will come out the 23rd.
Ooooh, good call. I like this prediction. That's a Friday. So midnight on Friday, October 23. It's on my calendar!

Edit: Requesting a vacation day for 10/23...

If this actually releases in 2015...hell of a year for story based RPGs. Pillars, Witcher 3, FO4, Xenoblade X, Torment (maybe)...wow.

Not a chance in hell Torment releases this year, but yeah it's still a solid calendar. Continuing on from the magnificence of late last year with Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2, Divinity OS

Sotha_Sil

Shit.... Bloodborne, Pillars of Eternity, Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, MGS5, and now Fallout 4?

The salt in GOTY threads will be amazing.

rjinaz

I'm surprised Bethesda think they can keep the 2015 release a secret until e3 considering how they have apparently already told retailers and advertising partners (not too mention their own website regardless if it has now been removed).

Top Bottom