• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 5 is coming after The Elder Scrolls VI, confirms Todd Howard.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nope i can say that i have never go into a thread to talk about landing and taking off like it game breaking and is unplayable
Okay cool. It's still a fucking bummer, bro.
Jim Carrey What GIF

Last edited:
I expect TES6 sometime around 2027 and Fallout 5 sometime around 2031. The only way Fallout 5 would release sooner is if Bethesda Game Studios splits into two teams and works on TES6 and Fallout 5 simultaneously, but I doubt that will happen. Todd Howard likes to personally oversee each large project himself and that would be too much work at one time.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
This guy...

XLPDjeN.jpg

Next gen type of shit indeed.

This is why I love NeoGAF, you would think after cyberpunk 2077 that people would have learnt their lessons before even getting their hands on a game.
Paramount Network Luke GIF by Yellowstone

As I said before, some ppl do this to themselves.

It reminds me of "Halo Infinite will look better than next gen only games!!!"

When ppl saw the SlipSpace Engine trailer in .....2018, 2019....

Expectations....expectations.....lol.

"We do a lot of procedural generation [in Starfield], but I would keep in mind that we’ve always done that," Howard explained. "It’s a big part of Skyrim in terms of questing and some other things we do. We generate landscape using procedural systems, so we’ve always kind of worked on it. [The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall is] one we look at a lot in terms of game flow. And we had been developing some procedural technology and doing some prototypes, and it really started coming to a head with Starfield, in that we think we can do this."

Now I'm fully expecting TES VI to be a Daggerfall style world.

No I just want a simple landing sequence, and keep the ground and space parts separate is fine with me.

Pretty much. And I've seen the take off and landing sequence in No Man's Sky. The one in Starfield looks significantly better. I don't know too much about No Man's Sky, but can you explore the inside of your ship the way one seems to be able to do in Starfield? Do you know that? Bethesda are building more important parts of the experience in my opinion. The ship is made to feel like another home basically, almost like Han Solo in a sense. And as for all those planets out there? I'm going to be building bad ass outposts on the coolest looking ones.

Riky

$MSFT
2025 for TES VI
2029 for Fallout V

Fallout V will be a launch game for Xbox Next. I'm sure Microsoft will put more resources into the studio.

Fredrik

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

That's some bullshit. Can someone explain this? They did it in Outer Wilds. Bethesda can't do it in a AAA game with an SSD? Bullshit. Okay, a bit of my hype has deflated. Was I wrong all along about Starfield.

@Starfield, what's up with this no seamless flight? As Starfield's number one fan, can you explain how they managed to screw this up?
Have you played No Man’s Sky?
Seamless flying was cool at first but 500-ish hours later I teleport whenever I can.

As I said before, some ppl do this to themselves.

It reminds me of "Halo Infinite will look better than next gen only games!!!"

When ppl saw the SlipSpace Engine trailer in .....2018, 2019....

Expectations....expectations.....lol.
I think Halo Infinite could have looked very close to that initial SlipSpace Demo trailer if the game had dropped Xbox One development years ago and focused only on what XSX and XSS were bringing to the table.

Kiraly

Stole this from some breakdown I saw posted elsewhere.

Procedural vs. Handcrafted: - Once they figured out a good way to just make 1 good procedural planet, it's not as hard as you think to expand that to 1000 planets. They consider the fully procedural planets to be optional. Maybe you just like the view or want to set up a base for example. - They will make it obvious which planets have handcrafted areas and which are fully procedural. - They've done more handcrafting than in any other game they've done.

Story: - Over 200,000 lines of dialogue now (last number they gave was 150,000). - Constellation is still exploring and figuring out mysteries of universe, looking for old earth artifacts. Start of the main story is uncovering artifacts of unknown origin. - Main story is a bit longer than previous games. 30-40 hours main quest. Not including factions or anything else. - Will be doing extra DLC down the line. Very excited for what modders will be able to do as well. - 4 main cities in game. New Atlantis is biggest, and biggest city they've built in any game.

Space Flight: - They're big fans of old space sims. Ship has power systems, 3 different weapon systems, engines, shields, grav drive (FTL). - Pace of the dogfighting is not twitchy. Compared it to Mech Warrior in terms of pace, systems, and power. - You can disable, board, and dock with other ships. - You can steal ships. - There is smuggling. - No you can't fly down to planet manually. You pick a point to land. Early decision they made. Chose to have a separation between surface gameplay and space gameplay.

Character Creation: - 20-ish character backgrounds to choose from. Affects dialogue and options in the game.

This game will be played for years to come, much like Skyrim.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Trust me when you try to manual land a ship for the 1000 time wile it takes you 5-10 minutes to actual land the thing your gone to wish for a 5-10 seconds automated animation landing trust me i play a lot of space game i ain't trolling
Now here me out. How about options?

I know, fuck me, right?!

So Elder Scrolls 6 will hopefully be on the next XBOX console or whatever it will be and then Fallout 5 will most likely be on the next XBOX after that I’m predicting. That’s the price everyone pays for literally every developer trying to make 100+ hour epic adventures. I wouldn’t mind some shorter, smaller games so we hopefully won’t have to wait decades for sequels.

Last edited:

Fredrik

This game will be played for years to come, much like Skyrim.
The cool thing with this many planets, and space in general, is that it’ll be easy to add expansions. Just add another planet, or a solar system, or simply a bunch of outposts. I hope they allow modders to go crazy too. No dumb restrictions.

DragonNCM

I'm next year 50y......I'm scared that I will not leave long enough to play Falllout 5( or finish it...)
Any one know if there are PC's in Haven ? :messenger_halo:

Or Hell......:messenger_smiling_horns:

Now here me out. How about options?

I know, fuck me, right?!
Ok but Todd said that he wanted to focus all of the effort into the space "dimension" and the ground "dimension". The in between is not worth it for the player.
And i have to agree with him i don't want to spend 5-10 minutes looking for a landing spot to land i rather it take 5-10 seconds to land

That person has probably never play a Bethesda game ever and is just trolling
Cause i refuse to believe anyone can actually be that dens

Why so hostile? Rough day? Console wars got you down? Just an asshole in general?

I enjoy flying around planets and the freedom that gives me in space games. Starfield only having spaceflight is a huge bummer. Don't agree? Thats your opinion, why the fuck should i care that its different from mine?

Last edited:
Why so hostile? Rough day? Console wars got you down? Just an asshole in general?

I enjoy flying around planets and the freedom that gives me in space games. Starfield only having spaceflight is a huge bummer. Don't agree? Thats your opinion, why the fuck should i care that its different from mine?
If You enjoy flying around in a ship and nothing else then i suggest playing Elite Dangerous or NMS or even the money laundering scam pretending to be a game that is Star Citizen
& BTW my main platform of choice nowdays is Windows/Steam so no console wars for me ok lol

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Have you played No Man’s Sky?
Seamless flying was cool at first but 500-ish hours later I teleport whenever I can.
I played 15 minutes or so of NMS. Thought it was terrible. Nothing but scanning shit in the first 15 minutes. Hopefully Bethesda has a better opening than that.

But seamless flight would be awesome in the scenario I outlined. Starting a battle in space and finishing it on the surface of the planet. I guess it still can be done, but it won't be the same experience, or at least not to me.

NMS and Outer Wilds both do it. There's no excuse for Starfield not to be able to do it. I wonder if this is something that can be solved by mods or if it's too complicated.

Alebrije

Saddly this a a news I believe from Todd, as an Fallout fan it seems 76 Will be onlly place to hide until 5 is relased
Good I can play it on My Xbone one X. So no need of a new consolé

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
So then:

Starfield - 2023
Elder Scrolls VI - 2029
Fallout 5 - 2039
Starfield 2 - 2057

Sounds good, I look forward to it.

Top Bottom