• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76 Wastelanders Update Delayed Until 2020

I can't bring myself to care about Fallout 76. Even once they add NPCs and "choices", it's still the same bad gameplay and mechanics on top of an overly monetized, broken GaaS platform. It's never going to the be game I, and many others wanted it to be. I spent well over 1000 hours, each, on Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas. I still go back and play those games, but I didn't put more than 5 hours into Fallout 76. It's such a bad game. It still blows my mind that Fallout 76 is the culmination of all of Bethesda's years of experience.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bought this for like $12 digital and figured I'd start playing when the NPCs and actual story mode was added. Guess I'm waiting a bit longer.

Bethesda is a developer that is riding solely on the good will of its fanbase. Skyrim, and Fallout 3 are masterpieces. But the games after that have been dropping in quality.

They have a way of developing games that fits an interesting pocket of the gaming demographic. However, they definitely dropped the ball with this game.

Nimarus

Neo Member
I want to like Fallout 76. Especially seeing as I live in Charleston, West Virginia. But the Atomic Shop spam just kills the game for me. After seeing Fallout 76 and Bethesda's greed, I worry for The Elder Scrolls 6.

I want to play it, but only after it becomes more of a complete experience. I know fun can be had now, but I would just rather wait for the extra additions to increase the the content available ingame. Plus waiting for to be cheaper is a plus as well.

Starfield

It will be interesting to see the player count of Fallout 76 once it comes out on Steam. Despite its horrible reputation theres still a ton of people who want to play an Online Fallout game. That's why it still has higher number than some games on console.

VertigoOA

Banned
It will be interesting to see the player count of Fallout 76 once it comes out on Steam. Despite its horrible reputation theres still a ton of people who want to play an Online Fallout game. That's why it still has higher number than some games on console.

It finally took a dive on console with the current content lull. I’ve no doubt that it’ll see a significant bump once wastelanders actually releases soon, the amount of time it lingered in charts, and the way fallout 4 and ESO hold on it seems highly likely.

Actually looks like it will have a lot of content. Aside from the map rework, worst case scenario was that only two faction camps would be added, good guys and bad guys... but it seems like there’s more than that.

Actually the way they have new vendors and locations right outside the starting area to start players in their quest kinda seems to indicate they reworked the whole “campaign” aspect of the game altogether.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Has there been much info on what one could actually expect from the Wastelanders update? Contrary to popular opinion I didn't hate 76 like most and my buddy and I probably spent 140 hours or so playing. Running around as a high speed super jumping mutant freak was pretty fun. Content dried up pretty early, but we made our own fun that lasted quite a while. The horrible bugs DID eventually get the best of us where we just stopped caring and moved on. Would love to have a compelling reason to redownload and play some more.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Has there been much info on what one could actually expect from the Wastelanders update? Contrary to popular opinion I didn't hat 76 like most and my buddy and I probably spent 140 hours or so playing. Running around as a high speed super jumping mutant freak was pretty fun. Content dried up pretty early, but we made our own fun that lasted quite a while. The horrible bugs DID eventually get the best of us where we just stopped caring and moved on. Would love to have a compelling reason to redownload and play some more.

Not much has been revealed really. Teasers of a dungeon or underground raider base. Hints at more than just two factions. I would expect a bunch of stuff will be datamined from today’s patch. With the beta for the dlc actually announced I guess we’re close to some kind of actual content reveal.

I expect it to be a good amount of content. Not a whole game’s worth but as close to it as a year’s time of development could afford.

it’s always fun to see where the game’s engine goes with each update. Console controls still need a bit of help. The shooting feels pretty good honestly but it doesn’t seem like they built the game with controller in mind with aim assist, etc... but I haven’t touched it in months to know where it’s at now.

It’s popular enough in a dead season and is supposedly is considered a moderate success for Bethesda since the fallout 1st service as well. So... it’s gonna keep going.

Out of all the big online pve games... fallout actually has a unique space carved out for it out of all these larger studios.

Last edited:

Simpkin92

I enjoyed this game a lot when it was released but the bugs got to me.

A shame too because this is my state and will probably never get another WV game again.

Top Bottom