• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout:New Orleans logo trademarked in EU(no reg info/application under examination)

Would love another Fallout from Obsidian, but I dunno. Sawyer seems like he would be busy with Pillars of Eternity 2.

Don't they also still have their plate full with Tyranny too? A full sized Fallout feels like a lot to add to that.

I have no idea what I'm talking about but a currently in-development Obsidian fallout seems... implausible.

Tyranny is supposed to release this year still, so they're probably in the process of wrapping that one up already.

Well then. Fingers crossed?

Sifl

Obsidian is the only reason I'd even consider buying another Fallout or Elder Scrolls game. I reluctantly bought 4 a few months after launch and regretted it quickly.

Derp

There's no way Beth and Obsidian will work on another project together ever again thanks to the NV fiasco lol.

Obsidian has repeatedly said that would love to work on another Fallout. Meanwhile Bethesda refuses to even acknowledge the existence of NV or the people who developed it. They erased that shit from their memory lol.

I loved NV so much T_T

I call fakerinos.

There's no way Beth and Obsidian will work on another project together ever again thanks to the NV fiasco lol.

Obsidian has repeatedly said that would love to work on another Fallout. Meanwhile Bethesda refuses to even acknowledge the existence of NV or the people who developed it. They erased that shit from their memory lol.

I loved NV so much T_T

I call fakerinos.

I remember one line in Fallout 4 referring to events from New Vegas including the NCR.

120v

the thing was overblown. end of the day, new vegas was a commercial and critical hit... not giving obsidian a crack at another one because of that would be leaving money on the table because derp

Derp

I remember one line in Fallout 4 referring to events from New Vegas including the NCR.
True, and I believe there are some others too, but I'm not talking about in-game. I mean that Bethesda themselves seem to never mention NV. I mean I don't expect them to go on twitter and be like "hey guys, NV exists and Obsidian exists and they're both great". I just think there have been opportunities before the release of Fallout 4 where the could've referred to it when referring to past games.

Or maybe they did or I'm just missing things. But either way i just can't see Beth allowing Obsidian to make another one after what happened.

FelipeMGM

The bad look of it is not really what makes it look fake for me, but like others here said, the name does. I do hope is real tho, New Orleans could make an amazing setting for a Fallout game, and we need more games taking place there.

RE4PRR

I'd call it fake. Highly doubtful location since it's so far away from the West Coast unless they'd want to start up a spin off game there. By spin off I mean location with no connections to either Coast games.

I loved NV so much T_T

I call fakerinos.

I thought that too but I have also seen that Bethesda and Obsidian have been trying to get a project off the ground ever since NV.

They worked on Prey 2 for a while when Human Head got the boot.
Then there was a rumor they where working on a Sci Fi game with the Skyrim engine.
And if you told me after that project got canned that they then started to pitch another Obsidian fallout game I would not be super shocked.

And people from Obsidian have been mainstays at Bethesda launch parties over the last few years so its not like they are not publicly on speaking terms

The relationship seems OK but I just hope Obsidian negosiate that contract better next time

Kater

Banned
Huh, and I thought they didn't reference it at all. After looking it up I found a couple of references actually, to House, the NCR and apparently you can find a New Vegas sign somewhere as well.

Tyrus

Banned
Likely fake given Obsidian are "West Coast" people in their own words. Still, the massive New Vegas fan in me is crying for it to be real.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Dog City, Flagstaff, Portland or Baja (what "ghosts" we're the NCR rangers chasing down there for the first half of the game?)

Could it be related to the new studio Bethesda opened in Montreal? This was announced on 9 December 2015.

Bethesda Game Studios today announced that it has opened a new development studio in Montreal, Quebec to expand its development capabilities in console, PC, and mobile gaming.

“We’ve worked with some very talented developers in Montreal for a long time, and decided it was time to open a studio there,” said Todd Howard, Game Director and Executive Producer at Bethesda Game Studios. “It’s exciting to think about the new games we’ll be building together.”

Bethesda Game Studios Montreal has already established a core team of more than 40 developers, spanning both console and mobile development. The studio will be managed by industry veteran Yves Lachance as Studio Director.

“Our collaboration with Bethesda Game Studios has been an exhilarating and memorable journey already,” said Lachance. “We are thrilled to be launching the studio in Montreal and contributing our city’s great game-making talent to the kind of games that Bethesda Game Studios is known for."

Bethesda Game Studios is currently hiring for both its Maryland and Montreal locations. For more information about available jobs, visit http://jobs.zenimax.com.

Lakitu

st5fu
Another Obsidian-developed Fallout would be too good to be true, so I'm calling fake.

If they did, hopefully they'd can the settlement crap, dialogue system, the weapon customisation system and bring back some meaningful RPG systems. You know the writing will be on point with Obsidian though.

RulkezX

Obsidian have 2 of their own RPGs in development ( Tyranny isn't 2016, we've seen nothing since reveal)

Even if this isn't fake Bethesda Uxbridge enough studios to develop this in house.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You're never getting a New Vegas 2.

Just hope Obsidian gets to make Bloodlines 2.

Krakn3Dfx

Fallout is a monster ip, the idea that they would wait another 8 to 10 years to release another one seems crazy to me, so I'm thinking (and hoping) that this is real. Sadly it's probably not an Obsidian game, but otherwise.

I don't understand why some people want a hypothetical next Obsidian Fallout game to be in New Vegas. They should set in another area in the west coast

Drazgul

I don't understand why some people want a hypothetical next Obsidian Fallout game to be in New Vegas. They should set in another area in the west coast

Who cares, as long as Obsidian makes it. If they instead give the IP to some nobodies (like the new Bethesda Montreal studio) for the sidequel, we'll have a shitshow like Just Cause 3 was (which had barely, if any, original dev involvement).

junpei

I hope this is real but I have a feeling that it's going to be like when the Three Dog voice actor claimed that he was working on Fallout 4 and nothing came of it.

Tigress

Looks really fake to me. The font is all wrong and looks like a quick job done by some one who wasn't trying hard.

That being said if it were somehow true I'd be stoked if it were obsidian even if disappointed it's not another western fallout. Though last I heard they wanted to do one in California (they said they had an idea if they got fallout again).

Top Bottom