• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout Shelter |OT| Revolutionizing safety for an uncertain future

AndyD

aka andydumi
so..how am I suppose to play this gam exactly?
do i really have to come back every 5 minutes to collect water,food and energy,otherwise everyone will die?

I think after 3-5 minutes of inactivity (closed) it goes to a suspend state until you reopen the game. So that everyone does not die, but you also can't exit in the middle of an attack to avoid the consequences.

Majukun

I think after 3-5 minutes of inactivity (closed) it goes to a suspend state until you reopen the game. So that everyone does not die, but you also can't exit in the middle of an attack to avoid the consequences.

oh,ok..that's better..because i came back after 5 minutes and all the meters were on red,and i though that the whole thing would only go worse the more i wait

Do they attack like raiders?

I find that raiders are kinda weird and ignore the first floor sometimes, and they sometimes leave floors really quickly.

They move much faster than raiders. I had two guys at the vault door equipped with the MIRV and Vengeance and they didn't kill a single Deathclaw. They move from room to room really fast and they do even more damage than raiders.

Savitar

Deathclaws are pure viciousness. Far more dangerous than roaches, molerats and raiders by far. One group killed four of my people and they can drop to other floors very fast. When they attacked the vault door even with the best upgrade they were in before I could even get to my most offensive capable people. Didn't help five minutes before I sent out my two best to get stuff. All my people are armed too.

Unlocking a radio station will add Dwellers at regular intervals. The more charisma Dwellers inside the radio station have, the faster new Dwellers will attract.

Another solid option is just the old-fashioned way: put a male and female Dweller together in a living quarters and wait for a few moments.
For the radio station, does someone come every time the timer ends? Because I've had the station for a whole day and no one has come yet

This game is awesome. I could play this more than most $60 retail games.

The urge to spend monies is too strong, though. Gonna have to cut back. Already bought a 5 pack of lunchboxes.

I've played this a little for the past couple of days. I've been getting a lot of low-skill people showing up to my door so I invite them in and then instantly send them out into the wasteland to die. Is that the proper way to go about filtering them out?

Strazyplus

I've played this a little for the past couple of days. I've been getting a lot of low-skill people showing up to my door so I invite them in and then instantly send them out into the wasteland to die. Is that the proper way to go about filtering them out?

wouldn't that hurt morale?

SZips

I've tried dragging him outside but it never works.

It should work. I've sent mine out twice. He just collects caps and doesn't have any encounters/fights while in the Wasteland.

Half tempted to get a second one just to have one stay to auto-collect the materials at the shelter and another to constantly collect caps outside.

The only sucky thing I've found is spending money on stuff is only for that specific vault. If you get really lucky purchasing something rare and then get totally destroyed by raiders/deathclaws you're finished.

Not really. The low level wanderers keep coming. If you want only high-skilled people early without waiting for SPECIAL upgrade rooms, you'll have to buy lunchboxes and hope for rare character drops. Otherwise, it will just take time and patience.

I'm loving this game.

The Deathclaws are NOT messing around. They move from room to room really fast, which is annoying because the game isn't very responsive when you're trying to move your heavily-armed guys to follow them.

Cess007

I'm kinda getting addicted to the game. I just wish i could get mode dwellers, the radio doesn't seems to bring many to my vault and i got some rooms to fill :(

BJK

I think I'm done playing this.

My vault is 200 strong. Aside from trying to get legendary drops, there's not much left for me to do in-game. I'm not going to spend money to get lunchboxes; I have all of the achievements save for the Legendary items / dwellers & all building types (which I'm not sure how that calculates...unless there are room types which aren't in-game yet).

Deathclaws are annoying; they make me not want to keep playing...not because they're causing resource scarcity, but because they move from room to room so quickly (and my first floor is all full of people, so I can't easily move the big guns around. There's just not much fun to do anymore.

sangreal

I think I'm done playing this.

My vault is 200 strong. Aside from trying to get legendary drops, there's not much left for me to do in-game. I'm not going to spend money to get lunchboxes; I have all of the achievements save for the Legendary items / dwellers & all building types (which I'm not sure how that calculates...unless there are room types which aren't in-game yet).

Deathclaws are annoying; they make me not want to keep playing...not because they're causing resource scarcity, but because they move from room to room so quickly (and my first floor is all full of people, so I can't easily move the big guns around. There's just not much fun to do anymore.

the achievements are busted I think my vault is 200/200 and pretty much everyone is maxed out, all rooms etc. but I am missing trivial things like 'level someone up to level 50'

Atilac

If anyone in here is like me and can't play the game without crashes on an iPad 2, you can use bluestacks to play the android version on your pc. Seems like a nice little android emulator.

Anyone know what happens if you don't have storage space for your wasteland collection when your dude comes back?

Does stuff get thrown away? Or do I keep it all?

SJRB

Gold Member
Anyone know what happens if you don't have storage space for your wasteland collection when your dude comes back?

Does stuff get thrown away? Or do I keep it all?

If your Dweller returns from the Wasteland he/she will wait in front of the vault just like new Dwellers. If you don't have enough room in your storage you can't move your Dweller back into the vault - he/she basically stays outside until you've arranged enough storage room.

When can I expect deathclaws? Right now I only have a few guns and armors, 34 dwellers, and not a lot of cap. So if they come and kill my dudes I won't have enough caps to revive. I had been avoiding making the radio room so as to not attract attention...

Joriaan

Neo Member
If I buy lunchboxes from the store, will they show up in all the future vaults I make or is it only for the current playthrough?
Current playthrough only, as far as I know. Best way to check is to start a new vault, go back to old vault, buy a single box and see what happens. I didn't try this yet though.

Got a Mr. Handy from a lunchbox last night. It was pretty rad!

Sure wish I could do that infinite lunchbox trick still. I would have liked to to have one vault overpowered just to see what it felt like.

Started the game up this morning, and was collecting resources, when I saw one room had health bars showing and they were all decreasing. I guess there was a radroach infestation in an empty room and it spread to a bunch of places. Luckily I arm all my dwellers well so they all survived, but the game never had the notification pop up to tell me there was something wrong. First time that's happened.

Savitar

Started the game up this morning, and was collecting resources, when I saw one room had health bars showing and they were all decreasing. I guess there was a radroach infestation in an empty room and it spread to a bunch of places. Luckily I arm all my dwellers well so they all survived, but the game never had the notification pop up to tell me there was something wrong. First time that's happened.

This has happened a few times to me.

If there is nothing in a room eventually they move on to other rooms until killed.

Storage rooms or living quarters are about the only thing I have empty so it doesn't really cause much an issue.

When do Deathclaws start coming? I'm trying to keep my population low and stall difficulty spikes since I think difficulty scales with pop.

I think I'm doing pretty well to start.

Edit: Even though this game is solid, it still has some issues. Health bars not popping up when people are getting injured is a big issue.
Roaches invaded an empty room and spread to three other rooms. Had a few deaths because I couldn't see all three rooms health bars and had to rotate guns since I didn't have enough.

Also, that also brings up base building. I'm started to build my base with rooms not having any rooms around them to spread incidents. And I also discovered if you build an elevator in a spot where there isn't an elevator above or below, it will give you an extra elevator at the bottom. Value elevators.

Edit: what the hell, 3 dwellers stood in front of a dude that was dying and I couldn't heal him.

Tainted

Ooohh, definitely going to try that. I'm having the same touchscreen issue, especially when an attack is happening it's hard to drag my dwellers to the room I want.

It's absolutely perfect on PC in bluestacks...so much better just being able to play with the mouse. The only thing is, there doesnt seem to be a way to map zoom with the mouse wheel...so you need to map keys to that...but other than that, its awesome.

As is says in that article...almost any spec PC should be able to run it perfectly.

It's absolutely perfect on PC in bluestacks...so much better just being able to play with the mouse. The only thing is, there doesnt seem to be a way to map zoom with the mouse wheel...so you need to map keys to that...but other than that, its awesome.

As is says in that article...almost any spec PC should be able to run it perfectly.

Unfortunate with no mouse wheel map zoom, but I can adapt.
Thanks for advance notice.

Jzero

My characters are too stupid to heal while exploring

Edit: Spoke too soon, they wait until last minute

Top Bottom