• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

False claim of white man killing black man spreads like wildfire.

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018

Along with detroit you dont even need a real racist event now. Just making shit up and lieing and protesting.

Black guy killed black guy somehow protest against white supremacy.

There is no logic with these people.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

Falcs

Banned
May 5, 2011
Australia
Just because the killer is black doesn't mean he's not a white supremacist.

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
The thing I don't get about all of this is what the media are after with trying to increase racial tension so badly. At first I thought it was just about clicks and revenue, but now I'm not so sure. I'm on board with black/white/yellow/green/red/purple lives mattering, but this isn't that. It's targeted to try to incite rage from everyone, no matter which side you sit on. Has COVID given too much free time to media that they want to see how they can press everyone's buttons, or is this something even bigger than that? I'm sure there are nefarious studies being done about all sorts of things right now, and shit like this is just a tiny symptom of a bigger problem.

My trust in the media and the government is at an all time low right now. It's even leaking into my personal life as friends and relationships are being strained as people are forcing me to "pick a side" with all of this garbage. People that are normally very level headed and easy to talk to are now scouring twitter for the latest thing to be outraged at and getting mad at me that I'm not reacting similarly. It's fucked.

Mista K

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
The thing I don't get about all of this is what the media are after with trying to increase racial tension so badly.
They did the exact same thing last election. Almost everything is the same. Ferguson was a lie (didn’t comply,) there were “peaceful” protests, trump is bad 24/7, etc. What happened to Floyd was wrong, but look at all the other cases they reported, like the driver at wendy’s. “Oh, he was just taking a nap in the parking lot!” Bullllllshit. Tell your friends to stop picking sides and assume all sources are biased. BLM-bitches love media

FreedomOfSpeech

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2019
If your friends force you to do anything, they are probably not your friend.

Also it's just a witch hunt. WHITE SUPREMACIST! WITCH!

Get people to be afraid of that, and you own them.

Reactions: Somnium

Cravis

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2006
No surprise there.

Any claims being made by ANTIFA & BLM should treated with immediate suspicion as likely propaganda. with the intention of whipping up a frenzy to get useful idiots to chant and "protest"
And the media just goes right along with it.

Journalists today don’t deserve to be called that. We should call a spade a spade and start referring to them as propagandists.