• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famicom Mini Wallpaper (1280x960 -- 56k beware)

john tv

Custom-made! Don't ask me why I like taking pictures of this stuff.

mini.jpg

This isn't as nice as my previous two Famicom wallpapers from back in December, but that's because the lighting in this apartment sucks. At some point I'll get around to taking higher-quality images. Hopefully that'll happen before the 20 games + special boxes go on eBay... :)

arter_2

Man why can't the American boxes be that cool those look so nice.
plus I really like your composition in this wall paper keep em coming by doing the American version.

Meier

Awesome picture, nice job! I'm surprised a Famicom fan like you plans on selling all the games though.

john tv

Meier said:
Awesome picture, nice job! I'm surprised a Famicom fan like you plans on selling all the games though.

I'll probably re-buy the games for myself. I just want to sell the full sets with the boxes. The boxes are REALLY cool, but they're not really for me. It's not like something you could stick on your coffee table or anything. I'd rather sell them to someone who would really appreciate 'em.

cvxfreak

I agree with john tv. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging.

Strangely I love the U.S. packaging. I dunno why. I just do.

john tv

CVXFREAK said:
I agree with john tv. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging.

Strangely I love the U.S. packaging. I dunno why. I just do.

Ah, no, that's not what I meant. I love the Japanese packaging... it's leagues beyond the US stuff, IMO. What I meant is, the limited edition collector's box that you can get for buying all 10 is kinda "eh." It looks really cool but it's kinda huge and impractical.

Ozchin -- actually that pic there has all 20 volumes in it. I got 'em all as of this morning. :D

cvxfreak

john tv said:
Ah, no, that's not what I meant. I love the Japanese packaging... it's leagues beyond the US stuff, IMO. What I meant is, the limited edition collector's box that you can get for buying all 10 is kinda "eh." It looks really cool but it's kinda huge and impractical.

Ozchin -- actually that pic there has all 20 volumes in it. I got 'em all as of this morning. :D

Oh, I get it now. Still, individually I don't see the fuss about the Famicom Mini packaging. It's just a tiny box inside plastic with pitiful instruction posters. They look nice but not anything to die for or to wish death to whoever organized the U.S. series.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've been trying to decide on some wallpaper, this will do. Thanks.

john tv

AgentCooper said:
How Much?

Hoping for around $400 each on eBay. We'll see I guess... (direct offers are welcome via PM, of course!).

Murphmanstudios said:
You have another Famicom GBA SP bookending the other side?

Yeah. The one in the front is the super rare one... the one in the back is just the normal Famicom SP. Both are sexy! I think I might actually prefer the normal one to the rare one though. Heh.

Top Bottom