• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FamilyGamerTV: Crash figure playable in ALL versions of Skylanders Imaginators

Edit: PR mentions the figure is only exclusive to PS3 and PS4 "at launch":

The news first broke at PlayStation’s E3 2016 press conference, where fans and viewers around the world got a first glimpse at Crash Bandicoot’s upcoming role in the Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack Featuring Crash Bandicoot, available exclusively on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 at launch. As part of the special Crash Bandicoot version of Skylanders Imaginators, Crash will return as one of the game’s new class of characters, Senseis, and as a brand new toy. But Crash’s role in Skylanders Imaginators extends far beyond aesthetics; the developers are bringing his distinctive personality and signature moves to the experience as well. Fans will be able to jump on TNT Crates to blow them up, collect a Bazooka Crate to get a rocket launcher, use a jetpack to attack from high in the air, or employ his classic spinning attack. As a Sensei character, Crash will have his own Sky-Chi attack where he uses his yo-yo to yank enemies into a spin attack. Jess Harnell will also be reprising his role as Crash in Skylanders Imaginators Featuring Crash Bandicoot.

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Skyl...nders-Imaginators-and-Remastered/ba-p/9951160

The remakes are only confirmed to be coming to PS4, no mention of exclusivity in this regard.

Alongside Crash’s role in Skylanders Imaginators, today, it was also announced today that next year, we plan to launch a remastered collection of the first three Crash Bandicoot games—Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and Crash Bandicoot: Warped —for PlayStation 4.

###

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggNdSgGcvTk

Welp, this brings into question what sort of exclusivity Sony were talking about with Crash. As we've seen, the figure is only obtainable (for now) in the PS3 and PS4 starter packs, BUT, you can use him in the Wii U and Xbox versions also.

Now we need to find out the status of the announced remaster/remakes.

Also, remember that DK and Bowser got their own standalone releases a bit after Superchargers came out. Likely the same will happen with Crash.

Makes sense. Playstation platforms are less than others for Skylanders sales and there's no good reason for Sony to get exclusivity.

I'm pretty hype for this now that it's gotten confirmed, I wasn't sure what was going on with those Crash bundles.

Great to see he's not restricted, it's going to be pretty funny playing as Crash with my little sister who has no idea who he is.

Zubz

Banned
Well, that's that, I guess. I still don't understand how the Uncharted 4 thing works, but it looks like Activision still has a firm clutch on Crash.

Kind of want to buy it, but not the game. Would be cool to have Spyro, Bowser, Crash, and DK from the same toy line

If races come back you can have 4-player online races with all four of those characters.

Is Spyro still a Skylander?

He last got a new figure for the third game. Imagineers is the sixth game. All old figures still work with new games.

I don't think he shows up story-wise after the first game.

PikaED

If races come back you can have 4-player online races with all four of those characters.

He last got a new figure for the third game. Imagineers is the sixth game. All old figures still work with new games.

I don't think he shows up story-wise after the first game.
I know it's not much, but Spryo is at least featured in the opening cutscene in every Skylanders.
Also, Spyro is a main character in the upcoming animated series.

Ridley327

I imagine that Sony will have Crash exclusive through the end of the year, and the standalone figure will be out pretty shortly into 2017. A little surprising that there's really nothing special about his inclusion and he's a pretty basic character, but who knows how much Sony is forking over for the remastered collection.

Top Bottom