• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu (08/31) - Persona 4 Golden (Vita, New Stuff), P4 Fighting (Arc/Atlus/Console)

Spiegel

[Vita] Persona 4 Golden
PS2 game with added content

Spring 2012

Tales of Xilia 10/9/10/10

Source Sinobi

Seda said:
From Gematsu/Sal Romano

Presona 4 will see a re-release three years after its original launch. This time, it’s coming to PlayStation Vita.

Persona 4: The Golden is an enhanced port for Sony’s new handheld, adding new characters, movie events, animated scenes, and more. It will include 1.5 times the amount of voice-overs seen in the PS2 version. Marie, voiced by Kana Hanazawa, is one of the new characters.

Out in Japan in spring 2012, it will utilize the “communications capabilities” of PlayStation Vita.

Thanks, Sinobi

There's also a Persona 4 fighting game from Atlus and Arc System Works for 360/PS3/Arcade Machines.

More:

AndriaSang said:
This week's Famitsu has some major Persona announcements.

First, the game everyone was expected, a remake of Persona 4. Atlus is bringing the PlayStation 2 title to PlayStation Vita as Persona 4 The Golden. This new version adds a number of new features:

-A new character named Mary
-1.5 times the voice of the PS2 version
-Wireless support for calling on others to help you when you're about to die in a dungeon.
-Other elements that fans of the original requested
-New opening anime with new song from Shouji Meguro
-New animation movies

A release is set for Spring 2012.

A bit more surprising is Persona 4 The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena. Atlus is teaming up with Arc System Works for a 2D fighter that will be released first for arcades in Spring 2012, then for PS3 and Xbox 360 in Summer 2012. The game is being developed by the BlazBlue team.

The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena has a new story that takes place two yeas after the events of Persona 4. Characters from Persona 4 and Persona 3 will feature in the game.

Famitsu also has a few preliminary details on the next numbered entry in the series, Persona 5. Basic preparations for the game's development have been completed, with the usual staff members in place. That includes Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as main composer.
Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_developments/

Mpl90 said:
It seems that Famitsu talks also about...

Yakuza Black Panther 2 for PSP

From Sinobi
Kagari said:
Gal Gun is coming to PS3 lolol
Umineko second half for PS3.

Yakuza Studios was formed, and along with the previously unveiled Black Panther 2 (PSP), it was mentioned that Yakuza 5 is in development.

There is an AR 3DS game called Spirit Photo by the Fatal Frame team: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/shinrei_shashin/

Andrefpvs

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY DOOOOOOOOOOG!
JaVvQ.png

Ra1den

Atlus lied. They said there would not be a "Fes"- like re-release.

I guess this is different obviously, but I took that as menaing there would be no re-release.

klee123

AWESOME NEWS!

MidnightScott said:
People were expecting it to be on the PSP? The Vita is gonna need hit games in the launch window to keep going.

People expected it to be on 3DS actually.

BlazingDarkness said:
FUCK YESSS
ALL OVER MY TITS AND UP MY ASS

I'm excited too, but.....

Don

Now if Eternal Punishment gets a PSP release then every Persona game will be playable on the Vita.

This just made the Vita into my Persona playing machine.

Bebpo

Banned
Least surprising news ever

Curious as to how the new content is handled and if the locations are changed to 2d map again.

ultron87

Damnit, now I'm going to buy a Vita.

(Assuming it still has full 3d towns and cutscenes. None of that talking head P3P crap.)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Jinfash said:
Hopefully with a nice twist like P3P.

Female MC, please.

GIRL POWA!

This, I would buy it regardless, but having a female lead adds so much to the game :D

P5 better have a female option when it is first released.

Welp, the Vita just won the handheld wars. This says p. much everything you need to know about how far devs are willing to go to support the system.

Also picking up a Vita day one now, thanks a lot Atlus :mad:

Amir0x

Banned
oh damn. oh daaamn

i hope it's fully like the console version then. I would prefer non point-and-click version

Top Bottom