Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware), NMH (PS360)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition - 2/18/2010, 4980 yen.
DLC will be 500 yen each per episode, two episodes total.
Two costume packs for 200 yen each.
 
ethelred said:
Ace Bandage must be getting so dizzy with all the spinning he's doing in this thread.

What spinning, exactly?
I'd love more No More Heroes.
But let's take the facts.

1. We didn't know about this until this week, meaning it's obviously not Grasshopper making it, since they'd announce it in a similar way they announced NMH2.
2. It's only announced for Japan, and no info is given.
3. Grasshopper is already overloaded with NMH2 and their EA game. They don't have the money or manpower to do much with this game if they are making it.
 
Apparently from someone who has the issue, taking it with a grain of salt until scans is probably best:

Lufia
-February 25 release, 5,890 Yen
-Developed by Neverland

NMH
-Advance Mode added
-Japanese dubbing added (Nakano, Daizuka, Kurota, Konishi, Takanori? don't know Japanese VAs, will look it up in a sec)
-Erotic Portrait added
-February 25, 5,800 Yen
 

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Haunted said:
stop posting kotaku links.
oh okay,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240035

:)

AceBandage said:
What spinning, exactly?
I'd love more No More Heroes.
But let's take the facts.

1. We didn't know about this until this week, meaning it's obviously not Grasshopper making it, since they'd announce it in a similar way they announced NMH2.
2. It's only announced for Japan, and no info is given.
3. Grasshopper is already overloaded with NMH2 and their EA game. They don't have the money or manpower to do much with this game if they are making it.
None of those are facts. They are merely YOUR speculation based on extremely limited information.
 

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Rpgmonkey said:
Apparently from someone who has the issue:
NMH
-Advance Mode added
-Japanese dubbing added (Nakano, Daizuka, Kurota, Konishi, Takanori? don't know Japanese VAs, will look it up in a sec)
-Erotic Portrait added
-February 25, 5,800 Yen
If this is true, then it likely won't see release here.

It seems that it is aimed more so at the Japanese market.
 
Rpgmonkey said:
NMH
-Advance Mode added
-Japanese dubbing added (Nakano, Daizuka, Kurota, Konishi, Takanori? don't know Japanese VAs, will look it up in a sec)
-Erotic Portrait added
-February 25, 5,800 Yen
Man, that EROTIC PORTRAIT better be of Travis or I'm not double-dipping!

Actually, no, not even that is worth it... =\
 
Man, I love me some NMH. Interested to see what this turns out to be. I don't quite know what I'd want it to be either - I'm not sure an HD full graphical showcase would quite be in the spirit of NMH but I'm sure we could get a really cool style out of 360 / PS3.
 
Eye of Judgment: Wizard's Orcacle[Google translation] for PSP.

Also, kinda disappointing to hear NMH PS3 is launching in February - that's before the motion wands hit. Hopefully they have some sort of support for that.
 
Rpgmonkey said:
Apparently from someone who has the issue, taking it with a grain of salt until scans is probably best:

Lufia
-February 25 release, 5,890 Yen
-Developed by Neverland

NMH
-Advance Mode added
-Japanese dubbing added (Nakano, Daizuka, Kurota, Konishi, Takanori? don't know Japanese VAs, will look it up in a sec)
-Erotic Portrait added
-February 25, 5,800 Yen
Is it a port with added modes?
 

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
EXGN said:
Eye of Judgment: Wizard's Orcacle[Google translation] for PSP.

Also, kinda disappointing to hear NMH PS3 is launching in February - that's before the motion wands hit. Hopefully they have some sort of support for that.
Biohazard 5 AE is February too though...
 
Rpgmonkey said:
NMH
-Advance Mode added
-Japanese dubbing added (Nakano, Daizuka, Kurota, Konishi, Takanori? don't know Japanese VAs, will look it up in a sec)
-Erotic Portrait added
-February 25, 5,800 Yen
These facts along with the fact that the game's Japanese release was announced in a Japanese magazine make obviously clear the fact that this is intended for a Japanese audience only.

Ubisoft would have to be crazy to release this in the US given the game's heavy Japanese focus and the performance of action games on the PS360.
 
ethelred said:
These facts along with the fact that the game's Japanese release was announced in a Japanese magazine make obviously clear the fact that this is intended for a Japanese audience only.

Ubisoft would have to be crazy to release this in the US given the game's heavy Japanese focus and the performance of action games on the PS360.

You mad?
 

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
grandjedi6 said:
The best part if his next post where he tries to settle his trauma by convincing himself that they game will "obviously" not leave Japan :lol
If what was posted was true, then it's likely it won't see a western release/it was intended for the Japanese audience.

I'm just sad it's probably a port.

edit: In fact, considering No More Heroes 2 doesn't have a release date in Japan, this move is likely being made to help establish the franchise and subsequently improve potential sales for the sequel.
 

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Somnid said:
Given how bad the first NMH sold who do they think will buy a full-priced port 2 years later?
Given how bad the first NMH sold who do they think will buy a full-priced sequel 2 years later?

The answer to both questions is different demographics/userbases. NMH 2 is coming because of the western userbases while the port is coming in hopes of tapping into the PS3/360 userbase.
 
Surgeon Rocket said:
If what was posted was true, then it's likely it won't see a western release/it was intended for the Japanese audience.

Regardless, it's obvious this port is being made to try and expand the Japanese audience, and only the Japanese audience.
 
Surgeon Rocket said:
If what was posted was true, then it's likely it won't see a western release/it was intended for the Japanese audience.

I'm just sad it's probably a port.
Did you just pwn yourself?
If what was posted was true, how can it be a port?
 

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Surgeon Rocket said:
If what was posted was true, then it's likely it won't see a western release/it was intended for the Japanese audience.

I'm just sad it's a probably a port.
Why would it likely not see a western release? It may or may not come at this point. There doesn't seem to be much to suggest that it won't come.
EXGN said:
While I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your conclusion, how does announcing a game in a Japanese magazine mean it's for Japan only? Demon's Souls, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Sengoku Basara 3, and tons of other games that come out on both sides of the ocean are announced every week in Famitsu.
He was making fun of AceBandage

AceBandage said:
Regardless, it's obvious this port is being made to try and expand the Japanese audience, and only the Japanese audience.
Keep telling yourself that bud
 
I'm really looking forward to more info on the 360/PS3 NMH. The original was awesome on Wii so I might double dip for some bonus content and touched up graphics. Hope they make it PS Wand compatible.

Phoenix Wright just being a port is disappointing but I'm a complete sucker for the series and will be downloading it again anyway.
 
No more heroes on a nexgen system... The question is really- will it simply be the first game in HD at 60 fps with Natal/wand support ? Or will it apply the motion controls to the analog sticks?

(wouldn't be that hard really, wrestling moves would simply use both sticks in the same way the wiimote/nunchaku worked togethor on the wii and the sword would be 360 analog movement, perhaps pushing the R3/L3 buttons inward would take the place of pressing A during certain attacks? I think it could work)

Either way I'm looking forward to seeing what it entails. Loved the first one.
 

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Jonnyram said:
Did you just pwn yourself?
If what was posted was true, how can it be a port?
Reread what was posted:

NMH
-Advance Mode added
-Japanese dubbing added (Nakano, Daizuka, Kurota, Konishi, Takanori? don't know Japanese VAs, will look it up in a sec)
-Erotic Portrait added
-February 25, 5,800 Yen
"Added" as well as dubbing being key.

AceBandage said:
Regardless, it's obvious this port is being made to try and expand the Japanese audience, and only the Japanese audience.
From my edit: In fact, considering No More Heroes 2 doesn't have a release date in Japan, this move is likely being made to help establish the franchise and subsequently improve potential sales for the sequel.
 
ethelred said:
Not at all. I'm having a great laugh at the righteously oblivious self-parody of the Wiicentric gamer.
I think we can agree with one thing all of us.

It will be a spectacular failure. I can just read the posts now. "Why would I want an old Wii cast off?"

or "Why are you massaging my thigh Monkey?"
 
TheCardPlayer said:
Wait, what?
Neverland doesn't make anything except action RPGs anymore. The last non-action RPG they made was 2003. Everything since then has been action RPGs, whether Rune Factory or Shining Force. It's disappointing but I guess that's the direction they want to go. :/