• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu - 3/13

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm actually not opposed to a UC sequel if Capcom also was making something along the lines of RE4. Sadly, doesn't look like that is happening.

d37qmb

Akai

Amir0x said:
Heh, Dark Side Chronicles SOUNDS like the type of name a mischievous member of one of them chan websites would make up.

Unfortunately, that's what it says on the index page for the issue...

Amir0x said:
Heh, Dark Side Chronicles SOUNDS like the type of name a mischievous member of one of them chan websites would make up.

There's a scan of the index page. It's not fake.

バイオハザード/ダークサイドクロニクルズ = Biohazard / DAKUSAIDOKURONIKURUZU

comedy bomb said:
Sonic and his shitty friends are guest S.T.A.R.S
I mean, the only thing I can think of would be a game starring Wesker and stuff; but we already had Wesker in Umbrella Chronicles.

Baiano19 said:
:lol :lol so expected ...

:(

Btw, there´s a 4TH layton already?! Where´s my second NOA?

Judging by the success of Layton in the UK, you'll have to import, since NoE might actually decide to give good successful games a chance.

JDSN

Banned
schuelma said:
I'm actually not opposed to a UC sequel if Capcom also was making something along the lines of RE4. Sadly, doesn't look like that is happening.

Zack and Wiki didnt sell 300k on the first week of sales on Tunisia alone, thats why we arent getting a Resident Evil game.

Oxx

Another Layton? I thought it was just a trilogy.

Well, I look forward to its European release in 2015.

Linkup said:
A spinoff of a spinoff. REUC wasn't bad or anything, but what are they going to fill this game with?
That's what I was wondering. UC covered the extra scenarios of RE2 (Ada, HUNK) and only CV is left. It would be pretty lame if they covered RE4 and RE5 since those games are so recent and don't really need to be covered.

EDIT: Well, there's also Survivor and Dead Aim...

Amir0x

Banned
Father_Brain said:
There's a scan of the index page. It's not fake.

バイオハザード/ダークサイドクロニクルズ = Biohazard / DAKUSAIDOKURONIKURUZU

Hehe what a cheesy lame name. But what's in a name anyway? Why does everyone seem to think it's UMBRELLA CHRONICLES 2, though?

New Layton and Atelier! :)

Where is Layton 2 NoA!?!?! (Though, in semi-encouraging news, NoA just released a new commercial for the first Professor Layton. While I would usually scoff at commercials for year old games, I'll take any support Layton can get.)

GDGF

Soothsayer
This thread is moving too fast to get in on the ground floor.

DSC, eh? Umbrella Chronicles 2....better be fucking good.

jiggle

Don't know if i should be happy or scare about Atelier in HD :X AI1 looked so good, but 2-3 were progressively worse. If they can make it hi-rez like those original AI1 screens though, that'd be sooo awesome

schuelma

Amir0x said:
Hehe what a cheesy lame name. But what's in a name anyway? Why does everyone seem to think it's UMBRELLA CHRONICLES 2, though?

Matt Casssassassassassassasamina and Co. basically say don't get excited about Capcom's announcement on Thursday. Think its a safe assumption

I liked Umbrella Chronicles, so if this indeed another game in its vein, then...I want it.

Obviously, though, a true Resident Evil makes too much sense to put on the Wii so it will not happen.

Gunloc said:
New Layton and Atelier! :)

Where is Layton 2 NoA!?!?! (Though, in semi-encouraging news, NoA just released a new commercial for the first Professor Layton. While I would usually scoff at commercials for year old games, I'll take any support Layton can get.)

I saw the new ad like twice now. It's the one with two blonde women playing it.

Eteric Rice

GoldandBlue said:
That's what I was wondering. UC covered the extra scenarios of RE2 (Ada, HUNK) and only CV is left. It would be pretty lame if they covered RE4 and RE5 since those games are so recent and don't really need to be covered.

EDIT: Well, there's also Survivor and Dead Aim...

And because one of them isn't on the God damn system.

Amir0x

Banned
schuelma said:
Matt Casssassassassassassasamina and Co. basically say don't get excited about Capcom's announcement on Thursday. Think its a safe assumption

I don't get mad when developer's announce lightgun games. Since when did light gun titles become a gaming ghetto genre? I don't particular like UMBRELLA CHRONICLES specifically, but I am all game for them to try again. Light gun genre was dead as shit, particular since arcades are dead as shit in the US. Now it's facing a revival and people are all pouty.

BE HAPPY, BITCHES!

schuelma

Amir0x said:
I don't get mad when developer's announce lightgun games. Since when did light gun titles become a gaming ghetto genre? I don't particular like UMBRELLA CHRONICLES specifically, but I am all game for them to try again. Light gun genre was dead as shit, particular since arcades are dead as shit in the US. Now it's facing a revival and people are all pouty.

BE HAPPY, BITCHES!

Like I said, I'd be fine with it if we knew something more was coming.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
VOOK said:
Capcom = still not fucking getting it.
How are they not getting it?

RE:UC sold well over a million units in less than six months. Capcom is just giving Wii owners what they want.

Umbrella Chronicles 2 would be pretty awesome as they'd hopefully expand upon the "experiment" that was REUC on Wii. Onrails shooting games with meat on their bones = WIN

Shit, with all this sequel hope on the rail front, imagined or otherwise, I might as well start my one man great hope for a Dynasty Warriors Katana or something!

:hopes:

Eteric Rice

Amir0x said:

BE HAPPY, BITCHES!

Light gun games are fine on their own, but we want a real Resident Evil game. I mean fuck, is that to much to ask for?

Geek said:

RE:UC sold well over a million units in less than six months. Capcom is just giving Wii owners what they want.

We bought it so we could get a real Resident Evil, as it was another test.

Apparently we're getting tested again.

Majmun

The new Layton release is breaking my heart.
Level 5 should work on the localization of Layton 2 and 3 before starting a new one. :''''(

schuelma

Geek said:

RE4 has sold I believe close to 1.5M.

I agree that it makes perfect sense to do a sequel, especially given how well it did in Japan.

androvsky

I'm just happy there's going to be a Gust RPG for the PS3. I guess that pretty much confirms the death of the PS2 if even Gust is moving on. :/

Alcibiades

Seriously, RE4 (in it's 3rd release) outsold Umbrella Chronicles, yet Wii gamers aren't getting RE5?

What use do I have for sidegames if I'm not getting the mainline entries as well?

No thanks Capcom.

The only people that would be happy about this are the tiny percentage of gamers that own Wii and another current-gen system. Wii-only owners (hardcore, mainstream, casual) aren't gonna pay $50 for another light-game when all of a sudden real efforts like MadWorld, Deadly Creatures, World at War, and The Conduit are being released.

Majmun

"Resident Evil: Dark Side" definitely sounds better than "Resident Evil: Dark Side Chronicles"

Oh well...

Top Bottom