• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu - 5/8

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
News:

New Ryu ga Gotoku game in development
-Not 4, not Kenzan 2
-For PS3

My Summer Vacation 4 (PSP)
Toro & Mori Mori (PS3)

New PS3 RPG
Trinity Universe
Gust, NIS, Idea Factory
-August release

Soul Calibur PSP
-New character

Other:

Katamari Tribute

Tekken 6 PSP

Review:

[WII] Winning Eleven PlayMaker 2009 - 9/9/9/9 (36/40)
[PSP] Bleach Heat the Soul 6 - 8/8/7/7 (30/40)
[NDS] Oshaberi Oumu - 6/6/6/6 (24/40)
[PS2] Arcobaleno! - 7/6/6/6 (25/40)

neo2046

soul calibur PSP scan is up

and please don't PM me to ask where are the scans avaliable .......

(* new Ryu Ga Gotoku has no screens shots, just 2 pages interview)

nib95

Banned
I want Yakuza 3 in the US/UK already :( Stupid Sega. Don't they realise that game would sell ok over here? Not expectationally, but enough to recoup the re-dub costs I'd imagine.

jiggle

Trinity Universe is in 3D, and looks pretty nice
Gust putting the rorona engine to good use :D
Wonder if this is the direction MK and AT are heading...

jiggle said:
Trinity Universe is in 3D, and looks pretty nice
Gust putting the rorona engine to good use :D
Wonder if this is the direction MK and AT are heading...

Does it look better than AR?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lupinko said:
It should be mentioned that New RGG is still for PS3. ;D

So it seems. Guess they'll be getting a lot of use out of that engine... now if only they would do the same with the Canvas Engine, come on Sega :(

xero273

DMPrince said:
This isn't the NIS game? who is developing/publishing Trinity Universe?

Solidsnake commented in the other thread saying people in the NIS thread hinting the game being from hitmaker. So I don't think this is the new NIS game being announced tomorrow.

Trinity Universe is another cross-over RPG eh? NIS, Gust and Idea Factory seem really fond of those lately. It's cool to see a Pamela from the Atelier series, but I'm not sure which one she is. It must be one from an earlier game.

So Dampierre is playable it seems. I wonder about those three henchmen(?) pictured with him.

thaOwner

From rykomatsu :
Ryu Ga Gotoku Sequel (PS3)
-Not RGG4 but not RGG Kenzan 2 either
-Nagoshi believes that fans will be accepting of the title regardless of if Kiriu goes to space or fights zombies
-Thinking of making it more 3-dimensional than prior titles
-Title still evolving
-Thinks fans wouldn't wait 2 years for RGG sequels
-No voice acting done yet (pre-audition stage) but appears that auditions will be open to the public, atleast for the females....all that's required to audition is a love for the RGG IP.

Trinity Universe (NISA announcement tommorrow?) PS3
RPG
-Gust, NIS, Idea Factory
-August Release
-Atelier Violate is one of the titles from which the chars are from
-AAA system (Active Animation Adventure)...I'm guessing it's similar to Tora Dora! Portable's system (google search for it in action)
-Looks like Etna's in there too (from Disgaea)
-Atleast 2 scenarios/story lines: Goddess Story Line & Demon Lord Story Line

billy.sea

Banned
Not 4, not Kenzan 2....

Then it must be
Yakuza Origins: Shenmue!

They just need to tag in the Yakuza name then Shenmue will sell again!

GeoramA

Kazuma's already kicked the shit out of everyone in the Yakuza universe.

Glad they're going in another direction :D

Defuser

GeoramA said:
Kazuma's already kicked the shit out of everyone in the Yakuza universe.

Glad they're going in another direction :D
Kiryu Kazuma is just a ordinary man....... till one day he was attacked by someone who looks exactly like him.It turns out that the assailant comes from another universe killing every single variation of himself to absorb their lifeforce to become a god.

And thus Kiryu Kazuma and his evil counterpart fight to the death to become...The One.

WYWY

Not RGG4 but not RGG Kenzan 2 either
Which means that it's probably like what Kenzen is to the main series - a spin-off game unrelated to the main series but uses similar mechanics. Should be cool.

Nagoshi believes that fans will be accepting of the title regardless of if Kiriu goes to space or fights zombies
Kiriu vs zombies in space. We can start a whole thread of fun "what-ifs" with this.

Thinking of making it more 3-dimensional than prior titles
No idea what this means....

Thinks fans wouldn't wait 2 years for RGG sequels
TGS09 unveiling?

Defuser said:
Kiryu Kazuma is just a ordinary man....... till one day he was attacked by someone who looks exactly like him.It turns out that the assailant comes from another universe killing every single variation of himself to absorb their lifeforce to become a god.

And thus Kiryu Kazuma and his evil counterpart fight to the death to become...The One.
Epic move.

jett

D-Member
I have absolutely no fucking clue how is Sega making any money out of Kenzan and RGG3 with them being Japan PS3 exclusive.

jett said:
I have absolutely no fucking clue how is Sega making any money out of Kenzan and RGG3 with them being Japan PS3 exclusive.

why not? RGG is huge in japan, and they make games really fast.

Aaron

Gunloc said:
Trinity Universe is another cross-over RPG eh? NIS, Gust and Idea Factory seem really fond of those lately. It's cool to see a Pamela from the Atelier series, but I'm not sure which one she is. It must be one from an earlier game.
Pamela is a ghost whose been in a number of the older games. Her biggest part was in A Judie. I think her most recent appearance was in the first Atelier Iris.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
nib95 said:
I want Yakuza 3 in the US/UK already :( Stupid Sega. Don't they realise that game would sell ok over here? Not expectationally, but enough to recoup the re-dub costs I'd imagine.

Please. Please.

madhtr

Aaron said:
Pamela is a ghost whose been in a number of the older games. Her biggest part was in A Judie. I think her most recent appearance was in the first Atelier Iris.
She was also a PC in Mana Khemia.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
jett said:
I thought the franchise does pretty well in Japan?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
hate to interrupt the hype for... everything else... but what is this new soul calibur character? any news on that?

Stumpokapow said:
if yakuza 3 would sell well why did yakuza 1 and 2 bomb?

It certainly didn't help that they were released in the US at a time when many people were moving on to current gen systems. That doesn't mean that Y3 would automatically sell well, but it has a better chance than those two did.

Top Bottom